Parker Out for this weekend

Gemmill

With suspected glandular fever.  Soft southern poof tbh.

He'll miss more than Spurs though I would have thought.  It floors you for a while, doesn't it?

111683[/snapback]

Also known as 'Kissing Disease' I believe.

It can knock the stuffing out of you a bit, doubt we'll be seeing him for a couple of weeks.

You didn't put your lips on him in that petrol station did you?

With suspected glandular fever.  Soft southern poof tbh.

He'll miss more than Spurs though I would have thought.  It floors you for a while, doesn't it?

111683[/snapback]

It can knock the stuffing out of you a bit, doubt we'll be seeing him for a couple of weeks.

111696[/snapback]

He tried it on but I made it very clear that I'm not that kind of he/she.

What is glandular fever?

Infectious mononucleosis, commonly known as glandular fever, is a viral infection, which is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus.

The disease is, among other things, characterised by a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and extreme fatigue.

Young people aged between 10 and 25 years are most vulnerable to this infection. The treatment is to ease the symptoms, and the illness usually passes without serious problems.

How is glandular fever contracted?

The infection is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus, which is transferred from one person to another in saliva. Kissing Cheryl Tweedy is one obvious way by which the disease can be transmitted. However, the infection is also spread via airborne droplets.

The incubation period from infection to when the symptoms first appear is between 30 and 50 days.

He's a tad over rated in my expert opinion.

Cracking goal though the 14th of his 200+ game career at Charlton.

Yes, not too impressive for this little defensive midfield gem - but how many have we conceded in the last 4 games.

9 isn't it? Can't score and doesn't defend - what does he do to justify a near £20m outlay?

He's a tad over rated in my expert opinion.

Cracking goal though the 14th of his 200+ game career at Charlton.

Yes, not too impressive for this little defensive midfield gem - but how many have we conceded in the last 4 games.

9 isn't it? Can't score and doesn't defend - what does he do to justify a near £20m outlay?

112048[/snapback]

I think he's a cracking little player and has done brilliant for us this season, my player of the season behind Shay (not much competition this year mind), but I can kind of see your point the more I watch him play for us and indeed Supermac's point.

I don't think Emre is the answer either. Nice and tidy players and pretty enough on the eye but we badly need some muscle, pace and atleticism in there. Someone like Diop maybe?

BTW I wouldn't put our defensive woes down to Parker, I blame the flanks and the attack more than anything. We never fail to allow crosses in and up front we don't work the opposition enough so we are always stuck in midfield battles or as has been the case throughout this season, chasing shadows in defence.

That said, if we had a playmaker, someone who can carry and play the ball and knit the midfield with the attack, I think you'd change your mind about Parker's importance to the side. Him and Emre in the middle will work against the Portsmouths, but not the Man Utd's, Liverpool's and Chelsea's of the world.

Ayw, nasty stuff, although lads don't tend to get it as much as lasses, lads are more the carryer than the victim. I went out with a nutter...I mean lass who'd had it before we started going out. I then started seeing Mrs SLP who got it a couple of months after we'd started going out.

For the record, I've never shagged Scott Parker.

Ayw, nasty stuff, although lads don't tend to get it as much as lasses, lads are more the carryer than the victim. I went out with a nutter...I mean lass who'd had it before we started going out. I then started seeing Mrs SLP who got it a couple of months after we'd started going out.

112173[/snapback]

You diseased slut!

Ill Parker may be out for season

Scott Parker is set to miss the rest of the season after Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder said he suspected the midfielder was suffering from glandular fever.

If test results confirm the illness, the 25-year-old will not play again this campaign - ending his hopes of making England's World Cup squad.

"Glandular fever is what we are expecting. We think he's had this for a month or more," said Roeder.

"That sums up everything you need to know about Scott Parker."

The news will come as a blow to the Magpies, who have seen the former Charlton player thrive since his £6.5m summer move from Chelsea to St James' Park.

He has been a regular when fit at Newcastle, and has reproduced the form which persuaded the Blues to invest £10m in his services in January 2004.

His central midfield partnership with Turkey international Emre was a feature of the club's improved form after the departure of Graeme Souness.

Newcastle face Champions League-chasing Tottenham at St James' Park on Saturday looking to return to winning ways.

Ill Parker may be out for season

Scott Parker is set to miss the rest of the season after Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder said he suspected the midfielder was suffering from glandular fever.

If test results confirm the illness, the 25-year-old will not play again this campaign - ending his hopes of making England's World Cup squad.

"Glandular fever is what we are expecting. We think he's had this for a month or more," said Roeder.

"That sums up everything you need to know about Scott Parker."

The news will come as a blow to the Magpies, who have seen the former Charlton player thrive since his £6.5m summer move from Chelsea to St James' Park.

He has been a regular when fit at Newcastle, and has reproduced the form which persuaded the Blues to invest £10m in his services in January 2004.

His central midfield partnership with Turkey international Emre was a feature of the club's improved form after the departure of Graeme Souness.

Newcastle face Champions League-chasing Tottenham at St James' Park on Saturday looking to return to winning ways.

112264[/snapback]

If he was a geordie he's still be playing - ALAN OLIVER FACT!

Does it really matter now? We know Parker's good enough for the squad, although I agree that he's slightly over-rated. Other players should be playing for their places between now and the end of the season.

112173[/snapback]

You diseased slut!

112174[/snapback]

Hoy, watch your mouth, or I'll spit in your bicardi. Or french kiss you. :lol:

I had Glandular fever about 10 years ago, and really sympathise for anyone who gets it, I had to have 3 months off work and was bed bound for about 3 weeks, makes you feel like your limbs are made of lead, no energy and lifeless.

maybe Shola should be tested too.....

111696[/snapback]

James Milner got it around the same time.

Scottie can do a lot better tbh.

111696[/snapback]

James Milner got it around the same time.

Scottie can do a lot better tbh.

112482[/snapback]

Enticed by the offer of a free garlic bread that came with Milner's boat race tbh.