General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Remind me, what breed is it?

(And if you don't mind how much did you fork out for him?)

He's a cavapoo. And he was a cool 3 grand. :lol:

Apparently they were about 800 quid before the pandemic. Fucking ludicrous but that's the price on the ticket unfortunately. There were cheaper litters available but the breeders seemed ropey as fuck. 

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One of our friends is on their second greyhound and they've both been lush dogs. Dead friendly although they've both hated any other dog except greyhounds. 

They take theirs to this thing called Greyhounds Run Free where they put just greyhounds in an enclosed field and let them go mental. 

Yeah. There’s a paddock near us where you can take them. My lass had been a few times. But I let ours off in the fields out the back where there’s some public footpaths. She’s fine with other dogs though and gets on like a house on fire with our little terrier. But because she’s bigger, stronger and faster than most other dogs it stresses other dogs out / annoys them sometimes because they obviously can’t escape this dog that just wants to keep chasing them. Obviously I stick her on her lead then. But she isn’t in anyway aggressive towards other dogs. She’s a lovely dog like. The bairns love her. 

8 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

How long did it take you to find a grooming parlour with kit to match your guitars

Funnily enough, it's my wife that groomed him. :lol:

She doesn't own the shop though, she just rents a table there, so I can't take credit for the pink/rose gold. 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Apparently they were about 800 quid before the pandemic. Fucking ludicrous but that's the price on the ticket unfortunately. There were cheaper litters available but the breeders seemed ropey as fuck. 

Aye that's what we've found down here. Plenty of pricey pups, and the few that aren't eye-wateringly expensive just seem a bit dodgy. "Last of litter", "Hes a great puppy and hes god with kids" Breed-Female.

Still think we're going to hold off for a bit, maybe wait until the end of the year to see if the prices get back down a bit. Plus we've been asking friends (and neighbours) with dogs if they can recommend a good breeder.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah. There’s a paddock near us where you can take them. My lass had been a few times. But I let ours off in the fields out the back where there’s some public footpaths. She’s fine with other dogs though and gets on like a house on fire with our little terrier. But because she’s bigger, stronger and faster than most other dogs it stresses other dogs out / annoys them sometimes because they obviously can’t escape this dog that just wants to keep chasing them. Obviously I stick her on her lead then. But she isn’t in anyway aggressive towards other dogs. She’s a lovely dog like. The bairns love her. 

Aye they're lush, that's mint about the terrier and the kids. Have you looked up results from when she used to race? 

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aye that's what we've found down here. Plenty of pricey pups, and the few that aren't eye-wateringly expensive just seem a bit dodgy. "Last of litter", "Hes a great puppy and hes god with kids" Breed-Female.

Still think we're going to hold off for a bit, maybe wait until the end of the year to see if the prices get back down a bit. Plus we've been asking friends (and neighbours) with dogs if they can recommend a good breeder.

The wife we got him from is some sort of approved breeder and has been very helpful/knowledgeable and taken lots of interest in the whole litter since we all took them home. Based in Chorley though so you'd have a bit of a trek. 

But aye, the write-ups where they provide no details of the parent dogs or anything, are just a strong avoid. Especially now they've become such a moneyspinner, it's gonna attract loads of scrotes. 

My auntie's thick friend has just bought a "designer" bulldog. Blue in colour (like the weird dog blue) and proudly told my auntie how great the place they got it from: "They had dachshunds over here, cockapoos over there, and you could just get whatever you wanted." Clearly a puppy mill. 

They've spent 5 grand on this dog's breathing problems since they got it, it holds its head on one side cos that's the only way it can get a lungful of air in, and the vet has basically told them that there's nothing more he can do/ethically he can't keep taking money from them and putting this dog through it. 

Edited by Gemmill

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye they're lush, that's mint about the terrier and the kids. Have you looked up results from when she used to race? 

Yes. My lass is on Facebook and there’s this group where they have a database of results etc. There was even some footage of her racing. She won a few but the results tailed off (pardon the pun) and she was retired aged two and a bit. Also she came with a passport so we know about her lineage etc (she’s from Tipperary apparently tbs, tbs). 

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well that's put your retirement date back by a good six months.

I genuinely don't understand people spending silly money on dogs. Mine cost me £75 and I don't see how spending 40 times that gets you any more joy from the dog.

If I were to do it again now I'd definitely be looking at taking one from a rescue centre rather than lining the pockets of a professional breeder.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I genuinely don't understand people spending silly money on dogs. Mine cost me £75 and I don't see how spending 40 times that gets you any more joy from the dog.

If I were to do it again now I'd definitely be looking at taking one from a rescue centre rather than lining the pockets of a professional breeder.

If I didn't have cats I'd have got a grown dog rescue, but I have got cats so SHUT YOUR FUCKING JUDGEMENTAL FACE. 

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The wife we got him from is some sort of approved breeder and has been very helpful/knowledgeable and taken lots of interest in the whole litter since we all took them home. Based in Chorley though so you'd have a bit of a trek. 

But aye, the write-ups where they provide no details of the parent dogs or anything, are just a strong avoid. Especially now they've become such a moneyspinner, it's gonna attract loads of scrotes. 

My auntie's thick friend has just bought a "designer" bulldog. Blue in colour (like the weird dog blue) and proudly told my auntie how great the place they got it from: "They had dachshunds over here, cockapoos over there, and you could just get whatever you wanted." Clearly a puppy mill. 

They've spent 5 grand on this dog's breathing problems since they got it, it holds its head on one side cos that's the only way it can get a lungful of air in, and the vet has basically told them that there's nothing more he can do/ethically he can't keep taking money from them and putting this dog through it. 

Chorley's only 45 minutes away. I live in Cheshire now dahling.

Can you send me the Breeder's deets on the downlow?

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Re: the rescue dogs, for us as new owners with a little'un, we want to know that the dog hasn't been abused/neglected and will be less likely to have behavioural issues because humans are arseholes. Plus we want one of a few specific breeds, breeds that rarely show up at rescue centres.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Chorley's only 45 minutes away. I live in Cheshire now dahling.

Can you send me the Breeder's deets on the downlow?

Fo sho. Will PM you. I know she said this was the last litter the mam would be having and they didn't get a girl out of this last litter but I'm sure she'll have other plans. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No cunt can take the piss out of my pinball machines when dafties on here are paying £3k for a dog when you can get freebies from the dog shelter :lol: 

We can, and we will.

Can't blame a fart on a pinball machine, can you?

You should get a dog, a Gussethound.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fo sho. Will PM you. I know she said this was the last litter the mam would be having and they didn't get a girl out of this last litter but I'm sure she'll have other plans. 

Just PM'd you. 👍

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No cunt can take the piss out of my pinball machines when dafties on here are paying £3k for a dog when you can get freebies from the dog shelter :lol: 

Fuck you, Bonus Ball! 

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Plus we want one of a few specific breeds, breeds that rarely show up at rescue centres.

‘Oh I would love to rescue you from death but you’re just not quite what I’m looking for’. FFS.

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Daft lad had his first hair cut yesterday. Quite the transformation from the Nick Nolte mugshot "before" picture. 

Screenshot_20210409-071958_Instagram.thumb.jpg.234d53ee5c01cf28f3354774fd686f20.jpgScreenshot_20210409-072017_Instagram.thumb.jpg.28f74f484a54807b236da9c9dbd68b26.jpg

I dont know why but the first photo reminds me of Liam Gallagher :lol:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

‘Oh I would love to rescue you from death but you’re just not quite what I’m looking for’. FFS.

'I love the new dog Dave, but a couple of points. Your son's face has inflated like a pumpkin, which is either because he's allergic, or because the death grip the mutt's got around his throat has forced all the blood to the head?'

'Aye, but he was free and some mouthy 'tato toucher on the internet has a problem with me getting what's best for us, rather than the cunts who abandoned the dog in the first place.'

• Haha 1

Rescue centres won’t just send you off with the first dog you like the look at. They’ll do more research on you than you will on the dog to check suitability.

• Like 1

If we’re doing before and afters, just brought the Turder back from the dog barber- quite the change! 
55007r.jpg

5500b9.jpg

Other than the obvious skinheed, he had his claws trimmed, and looking at the difference in stance, he was walking flat-flooted beforehand as they were so long, whereas now he’s bouncing about like Iggy on a speed bender. 

He needs to drop a bit of weight, too, as the skank was obviously feeding him her pizza/cheese on toast scraps and KFC lickings. 

• Like 4