How do these Torrent feckers work?

Lazarus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person in the world never to have used a Torrent-thingy?

It's like yous are all talking gobbledygook  :lol:

124129[/snapback]

I'm equally mystified but wasn't going to say owt. I like to keep my ignorance to myself

Am I the only person in the world never to have used a Torrent-thingy?

It's like yous are all talking gobbledygook  :icon_lol:

124129[/snapback]

I'm equally mystified but wasn't going to say owt. I like to keep my ignorance to myself

124130[/snapback]

I like to share mine round :lol:

yeah :lol:

was scrolling down and was just about to mention firewalls..

change the default port from 6881 or whatever it is. Some ISPs block that port. Even if you've got plenty of seeders It can still take a while before things get up and running so sometime you have to be a little patient. I use Azureus too and its by far the best one Ive used

Re port-forwarding: I forward my ports to one up in the 50thousands, and set Azureues to use this port, and for an hour or so it stays open and I get pretty good download speeds.

Then for some reason the port goes back into "stealth" mode and I lose on the download speed. I check it with that "Shields Up" tool, and it's fine for a while then goes.

Does anyone have any clue why this is happening? I thought I would never tire of having my port probed but it's getting a bit too much. :lol:

Where's luckypierre gone?  He was posting a minute ago and I was convinced he had a soluion to my port problem. :angry: :angry:

124176[/snapback]

maybe he fell down a port-hole? :icon_lol:

ok, i think im over tired <_< Night night :lol:

:angry:

Portholes are windows, Parfitt. :angry:

124181[/snapback]

ohh damn it, i must have been thinking of a man-hole :angry:<_<

(but thats another story) :angry:

124183[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Disgraceful! :lol:

Re port-forwarding:  I forward my ports to one up in the 50thousands, and set Azureues to use this port, and for an hour or so it stays open and I get pretty good download speeds.

Then for some reason the port goes back into "stealth" mode and I lose on the download speed.  I check it with that "Shields Up" tool, and it's fine for a while then goes.

Does anyone have any clue why this is happening?  I thought I would never tire of having my port probed but it's getting a bit too much. :lol:

124147[/snapback]

Somebody help! :icon_lol:

Re port-forwarding:  I forward my ports to one up in the 50thousands, and set Azureues to use this port, and for an hour or so it stays open and I get pretty good download speeds.

Then for some reason the port goes back into "stealth" mode and I lose on the download speed.  I check it with that "Shields Up" tool, and it's fine for a while then goes.

Does anyone have any clue why this is happening?  I thought I would never tire of having my port probed but it's getting a bit too much. :lol:

124147[/snapback]

Somebody help! :icon_lol:

124208[/snapback]

Are there enough seeds?