Rooney breaks metatarsal

Jimbo

IMO we were BIG outsiders to win it anyway, so I'm not one of these who's gonna say that we now have no chance of winning because of this. As far as I'm concerned I'm just disappointed that we won't have him in the team, because he's brilliant to watch and could turn it on against the top sides. I just like watching top players on the top stage and it's a shame for him that he looks set to miss out.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO we were BIG outsiders to win it anyway, so I'm not one of these who's gonna say that we now have no chance of winning because of this.  As far as I'm concerned I'm just disappointed that we won't have him in the team, because he's brilliant to watch and could turn it on against the top sides.  I just like watching top players on the top stage and it's a shame for him that he looks set to miss out.

129869[/snapback]

We were one of the favourites to win it tbh

IMO we were BIG outsiders to win it anyway, so I'm not one of these who's gonna say that we now have no chance of winning because of this.  As far as I'm concerned I'm just disappointed that we won't have him in the team, because he's brilliant to watch and could turn it on against the top sides.  I just like watching top players on the top stage and it's a shame for him that he looks set to miss out.

129869[/snapback]

129870[/snapback]

All a matter of opinion really, isn't it. We get told every world cup how we're one of the favourites man. I think we have/had an outside chance.

129869[/snapback]

129870[/snapback]

All a matter of opinion really, isn't it. We get told every world cup how we're one of the favourites man. I think we have/had an outside chance.

129877[/snapback]

Sorry, I should have stated that "the experts" and "the bookies" have/had us down as one of the favourites.

On a slight side note - how good is Joe Cole now! Remember loads of people turning their noses up at him last year ;)

129884[/snapback]

The way he beat the three defenders yesterday when I saw it on the replay, he looked for all the world like Maradona (don't laugh! :blush: ). The balance and the way he completely bewildered the defenders, plus the fact he's a barrel chested shortarse. Later on someone on the radio commented on it and mentioned "shades of Maradona", so I wasn't the only one. :blush:

I still wouldn't have him here.

129886[/snapback]

Presumably because you don't like him as a person? On football grounds I'd find it hard not to want to see him play for us tbh.

129888[/snapback]

He's one of the best and most creative players in the league. Of course we don't want him ;)

No my reasons are purely football, Joe Cole was a luxury player, drifting in and out of games, never doing enough to justify a starting place. Mourhino has turned his game around and has instilled a work ethic in him to be a top player, if he came to us he would undoubtedly go backwards to the Joe Cole of old.

No my reasons are purely football, Joe Cole was a luxury player, drifting in and out of games, never doing enough to justify a starting place. Mourhino has turned his game around and has instilled a work ethic in him to be a top player, if he came to us he would undoubtedly go backwards to the Joe Cole of old.

129892[/snapback]

I think I'd be willing to give him a chance to prove you wrong mate.

well i for one am a little for optimistic. gerrard, lampard and cole are in the form of their lives. with any luck beckham will break his foot too and wright phillips will get a game. a back line of robinson, neville, cole, terry and ferdinand is as good as any other in the world and it still looks like owen is going to be fully fit.

we are more than a one man team, crouch might surprise us all and work well with owen, knocking down balls for him to run on to. and id still have rooney there to play in the quarters or semis if hes fit.

you cant really compare to beckham or nevilles injury cos every break is different. one moght take a month to heal, another might take 3 or 4. the experts are predicting 6 weeks so its probably a very small fracture.

come on england!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i for one am a little for optimistic. gerrard, lampard and cole are in the form of their lives. with any luck beckham will break his foot too and wright phillips will get a game. a back line of robinson, neville, cole, terry and ferdinand is as good as any other in the world and it still looks like owen is going to be fully fit.

we are more than a one man team, crouch might surprise us all and work well with owen, knocking down balls for him to run on to. and id still have rooney there to play in the quarters or semis if hes fit.

you cant really compare to beckham or nevilles injury cos every break is different. one moght take a month to heal, another might take 3 or 4. the experts are predicting 6 weeks so its probably a very small fracture.

come on england!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

129894[/snapback]

So you would start three players who are short of match fitness? (A. Cole, Rooney and Owen) Taking an unfit Beckham in 2002 was obviously a mistake and England certainly can't afford to have 3 players like that, Sven should leave Rooney and Cole at home.

On a slight side note - how good is Joe Cole now! Remember loads of people turning their noses up at him last year :blush:

129884[/snapback]

The way he beat the three defenders yesterday when I saw it on the replay, he looked for all the world like Maradona (don't laugh! :blush: ). The balance and the way he completely bewildered the defenders, plus the fact he's a barrel chested shortarse. Later on someone on the radio commented on it and mentioned "shades of Maradona", so I wasn't the only one. :o

129887[/snapback]

Jesus wept. These are the signs of an upcoming World Cup. English people getting totally crazy again. What's next? Peter Crouch showing Pele-esque touches? ;)

On a slight side note - how good is Joe Cole now! Remember loads of people turning their noses up at him last year :blush:

129884[/snapback]

The way he beat the three defenders yesterday when I saw it on the replay, he looked for all the world like Maradona (don't laugh! :blush: ). The balance and the way he completely bewildered the defenders, plus the fact he's a barrel chested shortarse. Later on someone on the radio commented on it and mentioned "shades of Maradona", so I wasn't the only one. :o

129887[/snapback]

Jesus wept. These are the signs of an upcoming World Cup. English people getting totally crazy again. What's next? Peter Crouch showing Pele-esque touches? ;)

129898[/snapback]

I didn't say he's as good as Maradona, you tool! I said the balance and the way he beat the players and his build made him LOOK like Maradona. And someone else obviously thought the same for them to have said it on the radio. So shut it. :o

129894[/snapback]

Owen & co can look forward to plenty of crosses rolling along the floor and into the side netting then.

Hope Ashton gets called up, Rooney won't travel.

So you would start three players who are short of match fitness? (A. Cole, Rooney and Owen) Taking an unfit Beckham in 2002 was obviously a mistake and England certainly can't afford to have 3 players like that, Sven should leave Rooney and Cole at home.

give ower ;) cole is fit, hes played in 2 reserve games and hes got 40 days to get himself match fit.

129894[/snapback]

Owen & co can look forward to plenty of crosses rolling along the floor and into the side netting then.

129902[/snapback]

;)

Don't see the excitement about Wright-Phillips tbh

129884[/snapback]

129887[/snapback]

129898[/snapback]

I didn't say he's as good as Maradona, you tool! I said the balance and the way he beat the players and his build made him LOOK like Maradona. And someone else obviously thought the same for them to have said it on the radio. So shut it. :D

129900[/snapback]

Still a daft comparison. The only one looking like Maradona is probably you. :o

129894[/snapback]

129902[/snapback]

;)

Don't see the excitement about Wright-Phillips tbh

129906[/snapback]

cos hes never had a chance all season. the excitement about his games at citeh was what got them £21mil for him. if he can recover that form again hed be an asset