Roeder wants Chops to stay

Renton

True, but then Ameobi shouldn't have been handed so much time.

We can't really afford to give everyone every chance they may deserve as we're more than a proving ground. When transfer windows come around we have to make decisions based on what we've seen- we might not have tested something as rigourously as possible, but we have to go with what we have.

In Chopra's case, you can only say that he's well short of Premiership level.

138605[/snapback]

and judging by the stats, so is Ameobi.

Comparing Chopra to Ameobi is pointless tbh. He's not shown anything which makes us think he might make it.

This run of games thing is bollocks. Can you name any players at Newcastle who have been kept out for ages, then given a good run of games look good?

Comparing Chopra to Ameobi is pointless tbh. He's not shown anything which makes us think he might make it.

This run of games thing is bollocks. Can you name any players at Newcastle who have been kept out for ages, then given a good run of games look good?

138612[/snapback]

charles_n_zogbia2_203x152.jpg

138612[/snapback]

138615[/snapback]

What, so he looked shit when used sparingly did he? As soon as he got a long run he looked amazing?

138612[/snapback]

138615[/snapback]

What, so he looked shit when used sparingly did he? As soon as he got a long run he looked amazing?

138616[/snapback]

Your quote: Can you name any players at Newcastle who have been kept out for ages, then given a good run of games look good?

138612[/snapback]

138615[/snapback]

138616[/snapback]

Your quote: Can you name any players at Newcastle who have been kept out for ages, then given a good run of games look good?

138617[/snapback]

Think most people knew what I meant :lol:

OK, which Newcastle players have looked shite like Chopra when used sparingly, but amazing when given a run of games?

138612[/snapback]

138615[/snapback]

138616[/snapback]

138617[/snapback]

Think most people knew what I meant :lol:

OK, which Newcastle players have looked shite like Chopra when used sparingly, but amazing when given a run of games?

138619[/snapback]

I'm not arguing Chopra is good enough, my point is that people are quick to point out that Chopra is not good enough to be retained, yet in my opinion, Ameobi has consistantly proven he is not good enough, yet some fans leap to Shola's defence when critisism is aimed at him.

My argument is that neither are good enough, however I would have prefered that Chopra had been given more of an oportunity in the past, I'm not arguing that he deserves a chance to shine in the future.

I agree with Renton re. Chopra. I've also watched him over the last 3-4 years in the reserves and it really doesn't bear any similarity to the first team games. I also incidentally didn't think he was anything outstandingly special. When he first came onto the scene as a teenager he looked promising, but never quite fulfilled his potential. In a lot of the reserve games I've seen him play he even looked a little arrogant in his attitude as if he felt he was better than a reserve player, which his performances didn't particularly justify. His performances for his loan clubs have shown that he is a good Championship player, but maybe it's about time we stopped waiting for him to all-of-a-sudden become this fantastic Premiership striker.

As for Shola? He's improving :lol:

As for Shola?  He's improving :lol:

138655[/snapback]

Shirley you jest ?

138663[/snapback]

Listen - it's hard for me to admit that! If anything, his concentration appears to be a little better, which is a start. He remains the most frustrating player I've ever seen.

And don't call me Shirley :razz:

As for Shola?  He's improving :lol:

138655[/snapback]

Shirley you jest ?

138663[/snapback]

Listen - it's hard for me to admit that! If anything, his concentration appears to be a little better, which is a start. He remains the most frustrating player I've ever seen.

And don't call me Shirley :razz:

138664[/snapback]

More frustrating than Tino ?

Shirley not !

Edited by Lazarus

I don't see it doing us any harm to be honest in keeping him. Roeder has obviously kept an eye on him while he's been playing for the reserves and 1st team. If he carries on working hard then good on him, besides I think there are other players we could do with ditching before our youngsters IMO.

Chops has been offerred a new deal

138752[/snapback]

bad move if true.

he's not good enough.

and i can't see him getting a game after we sign kuyt and gudjohnsen :icon_lol: .

i'm not sure it is now tbh.

i read the story on the net, cant remember the site and then kept surfing.

so i then read this here very thread and i think, 'he's just been offered a new deal, i just read the story'.

only i cant find the bloody link. :icon_lol: