Police Hunt Chemical Device

LeazesMag

Noone has commented on me posting that they are putting a bill through to give the police more time to hold suspects in custody. In reply to those questions you asked me...number 7 takes us back to square 1 if I reply. I simply don't agree that suspected terrorists should be allowed to be free because we don't have enough time to find concrete evidence, in my view security comes first and so i am more than happy if this Bill helps.

I havent seen the bill but I dont have a problem with that, however we cant just keep upping the time allowed, at the end of the day the logic behind holding a suspect before charge is that there should have been some fairly good evidence in the first place to warrant them being nicked. Thats the country we live in a fair and honest one. In short though increasing the time seems a good thing to do.

You have asked me somewhere about terrorists already being in the UK, and being UK citizens. I have answered this many times. I realise this makes them harder to find, even undetectable, but that is no reason for not doing as much as possible to find them and stop them. And by that I mean lock them up for life - or the death penalty, which I do agree with for certain things. No remission. No appeal. If the law isn't adequate, change it. We can't go down the road of being soft with criminals of all descriptions for reasons of not having enough prisons, prison officers. Build more. Employ more.

This is the bit that causes the main "discussions" and I think its the way in which you word these things, if you read the bits in bold it might make it easier to see why people have taken umbrage with this bit in the past.

If you cant find them then you cant lock them up and stop them

I have no problem with life imprisonment for terrorists, the death penalty is a more awkward one, if the crime can be proven 100% then yes but I feel 100% is always unlikely and in the case of Islamic terrorists thats not a deterrent its something to aim for, global stage for martyrdom and another 1000 recruits for the cause.

You want freedom ? So do I. I want the freedom to do what I want knowing all these people are out of harms way.

150031[/snapback]

So do we all but no matter what we do security wise, they will be there, like it or lump it the only way to remove Islamic terrorism is to remove the reason for it, make them see that the West is not a threat, that Christianity is not the devil and make the extremists realise theres no reason to hate. That cannot be done with a bullet, it would have to be over time and using much more subtle methods, hearts and minds is a very real thing.

My question to you though is, do you think that stopping immigration would reduce terrorism in this country? I dont think so, as Ive said before I think it would do the opposite, would incur the wrath of normal muslims and convert yet more both here and abroad to extremism.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think allowing the sort of remark Dotbum has made is "sorting the crap out"...do you mean its because it is made by one of your mates ?

You can't aspire to being intelligent, or running an intelligent message board, if you don't see this. 

Shame, because I enjoy it too, but obviously you can't debate with morons who stoop to the level Dotbum has just stooped to.

I can assure you that you can debate this with me on howaythetoon, and if anyone dives in and makes remarks like Dotbum did, they will be removed.

150026[/snapback]

Leazes, I fear you may have missed my rather obvious point. I don't think you are a paedophile. Try reading the bit I quoted and then reread what I said. See if you can find a link.

You've also lumped me in as a "left-wing fancy dan do gooder". Can you really marry that with my beliefs, or is it just because I don't agree with you? I'll make it simple for you - I believe in the death penalty.

I have however deleted the DotBum post, I hadnt noticed it as anything until you pointed it out however agreed it should go.

150020[/snapback]

I think that's rediculous, by the way.

I have however deleted the DotBum post, I hadnt noticed it as anything until you pointed it out however agreed it should go.

150020[/snapback]

150064[/snapback]

sorry mate you were proving a point and I know how it was meant but it was in bad taste. If you'd made it "Leazes likes animals" then not so bad, but the kiddy bit well....bit too close.

sorry mate you were proving a point and  I know how it was meant but it was in bad taste. If you'd made it "Leazes likes animals" then not so bad, but the kiddy bit well....bit too close.

150068[/snapback]

;) Fucking hell, don't know what you're suggesting, like.

I was going to say "Leazes is homosexual", then I thought it would be offensive to even suggest that could be offensive, 'animals' is a good option that didn't occur to me but I thought my point was so obvious that it didn't matter and I believe previous (more serious) allegations have gone unedited. See where this censorship malarky gets you?! :D

I'll not ask about you're feelings on why bestiality is more acceptable... :( <---

150020[/snapback]

150064[/snapback]

thers no smoke without fire. Better safe than sorry. I suppose you will be happy when your children get raped.

I'll not ask about you're feelings on why bestiality is more acceptable... ;) <---

150069[/snapback]

so you think bestiality is worse than the alternative you previously put forward?

is thats smoke I can smell? :D

I agree that deleting that post was a pathetic cop out by the way

150093[/snapback]

dunno about a cop out, it was tongue in cheek but at the end of the day, the subject matter regardless of how jokey was too close to the edge. Implying someone fiddles with kiddies aint right. ;)

You must have been taking comprehension lessons off LM, thta completely misses the point of the post

He wasnt implying somebody fiddles with kids though, he was showing the stupidity of LMs point of view. ie if someone is accused of being a terrorist you should be allowed to do whatever you want to be on the safe side.

150020[/snapback]

150064[/snapback]

thers no smoke without fire. Better safe than sorry. I suppose you will be happy when your children get raped.

150080[/snapback]

If I can borrow your usual sort of short reply, that contributes nothing to a "Debate"

You're jsut a clueless wanker

sorry mate you were proving a point and  I know how it was meant but it was in bad taste. If you'd made it "Leazes likes animals" then not so bad, but the kiddy bit well....bit too close.

150068[/snapback]

I was going to say "Leazes is homosexual", then I thought it would be offensive to even suggest that could be offensive, 'animals' is a good option that didn't occur to me but I thought my point was so obvious that it didn't matter and I believe previous (more serious) allegations have gone unedited. See where this censorship malarky gets you?! :D

I'll not ask about you're feelings on why bestiality is more acceptable... :( <---

150069[/snapback]

Dear me. What a sad intellectual geek you are, are'nt you ?

What is your knowledge or experience of the security services of the UK ?

Edited by LeazesMag

150020[/snapback]

150064[/snapback]

150080[/snapback]

If I can borrow your usual sort of short reply, that contributes nothing to a "Debate"

150110[/snapback]

So quick with the abuse- so slow with the thinking

I don't think allowing the sort of remark Dotbum has made is "sorting the crap out"...do you mean its because it is made by one of your mates ?

You can't aspire to being intelligent, or running an intelligent message board, if you don't see this. 

Shame, because I enjoy it too, but obviously you can't debate with morons who stoop to the level Dotbum has just stooped to.

I can assure you that you can debate this with me on howaythetoon, and if anyone dives in and makes remarks like Dotbum did, they will be removed.

150026[/snapback]

Leazes, I fear you may have missed my rather obvious point. I don't think you are a paedophile. Try reading the bit I quoted and then reread what I said. See if you can find a link.

You've also lumped me in as a "left-wing fancy dan do gooder". Can you really marry that with my beliefs, or is it just because I don't agree with you? I'll make it simple for you - I believe in the death penalty.

150058[/snapback]

I think that you may have missed my rather obvious point, which is whatever you think, making such comments as you did make you look like a complete arsehole.

As proved by the fact that PP has correctly deleted your complete tasteless post.

150020[/snapback]

150064[/snapback]

150080[/snapback]

150110[/snapback]

So quick with the abuse- so slow with the thinking

150113[/snapback]

Shame matey, but as I have yet to see any post by yourself that is even the slightest bit interesting or informative...

Perhaps you could enlithten us otherwise

150068[/snapback]

150069[/snapback]

150112[/snapback]

Why doesn't the sad intellectual geek answer this question ?

Is he conferring his reply with spongebrain ?

150068[/snapback]

150069[/snapback]

150112[/snapback]

150117[/snapback]

Do you really not understand the point he was making?

150068[/snapback]

150069[/snapback]

150112[/snapback]

150117[/snapback]

Do you really not understand the point he was making?

150119[/snapback]

do you not understand the point I was making ?

Why don't you leave people to finish their own "debates"

Do you feel a need to butt in and make stupid, ignorant, uninformative comments ?

Have you always been a wanker that sticks his nose into something, making stupid one line remarks instead of constructive comment

Do you know anything about anything ? How old are you ? What is your experience of life ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Left Wing do gooder, Sad Intellectual Geek. Any more pet names you have for people?

Re your point about building more prisons and hiring more staff, extending jail terms, etc. Would you be happy to pay more tax to subsidise this?

However the HTL/ Renton one iirc was actually the other way round, HTL accused Renton of being a paedophile (I think) so you may want to rethink that one.

That's correct, it was HTL that implied I was a paedophile, not the other way round. This has been pointed out FOUR times now, but still Leazes completely rewrites history and shit stirs, I see, and shows an amazing amount of hypocrisy in the process, even by his standards (re Dotbum's post).

I take it Leazes you are now saying HTL should be banned from this board?

However the HTL/ Renton one iirc was actually the other way round, HTL accused Renton of being a paedophile (I think) so you may want to rethink that one.

That's correct, it was HTL that implied I was a paedophile, not the other way round. This has been pointed out FOUR times now, but still Leazes completely rewrites history and shit stirs, I see, and shows an amazing amount of hypocrisy in the process, even by his standards (re Dotbum's post).

150165[/snapback]

You entered this topic at page 4, totally without mention, and insinuated that HTL was happy to advocate killing children.

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...opic=2364&st=60

Left Wing do gooder, Sad Intellectual Geek.  Any more pet names you have for people?

Re your point about building more prisons and hiring more staff, extending jail terms, etc.  Would you be happy to pay more tax to subsidise this?

150143[/snapback]

I believe that would be the most logical conclusion from that statement, yes.

Hercule Poirot you ain't.

150165[/snapback]

You entered this topic at page 4, totally without mention, and insinuated that HTL was happy to advocate killing children.

150182[/snapback]

I reckon from your posts you're a paedophile, mate.

Who said this? Shame I have had to temporarily unignore you as I see from others posts quoting you that you still you constantly feel the need to tell lies about me; the sooner you stop obsessing about me the better for both of us I reckon.

Oh, btw, what is you're opinion on what should have happened to Thompson or Venebles? HTL denies advocating capital punishment in their cases, which is fair enough, but I know someone on here has stated they should have been hung, and if it wasn't HTL, you seem like a pretty likely candidate.

Edited by Renton

150182[/snapback]

Well I followed that link and read through to page 8, what I found read slightly different to that.

Renton comes on and says "HTL advocated x,y and executing children iirc", 3 pages later HTL comes on and questions it where Renton replies with "I honestly thought you were amongst those advocating stringing up the Bulger killers who were children at the time, if Im wrong then sorry for any offence"

Followed by HTL completely ignoring this and stating "from your posts I reckon your a paedophile"

If you're going to use links as proof in arguments then you need to check their validity to your argument. That link clearly shows Renton have a valid query re HTL and child executions, HTL ignores it and abuses Renton with the paedo shite.

150182[/snapback]

Well I followed that link and read through to page 8, what I found read slightly different to that.

Renton comes on and says "HTL advocated x,y and executing children iirc", 3 pages later HTL comes on and questions it where Renton replies with "I honestly thought you were amongst those advocating stringing up the Bulger killers who were children at the time, if Im wrong then sorry for any offence"

Followed by HTL completely ignoring this and stating "from your posts I reckon your a paedophile"

If you're going to use links as proof in arguments then you need to check their validity to your argument. That link clearly shows Renton have a valid query re HTL and child executions, HTL ignores it and abuses Renton with the paedo shite.

150194[/snapback]

What's also relevant I feel is that I admitted winding HTL up and over-reacting to the comment, although that doesn't excuse it imo. The upshot was, I apologised, he apologised, and the thread was history, until LM started to shit stir.

I don't think HTL even lurks on here anymore, but if he does, I'd just like to re-iterate that I have nothing against him and, for me at least, those comments are history. It's inevitable that some insults are going to get thrown when people have very srtongly opposing viewpoints, but at least HTL had the ability to read and actually comprehend what other people were saying, and didn't constantly invent stuff they have supposedly said. Which is more than be said for Leazes; this being a case in point.