Police Hunt Chemical Device

LeazesMag

Oh no, the 'editing posts' paranoid ramblings again.  :lol:

150323[/snapback]

surely people who want a debate, don't edit people's posts though ?

150326[/snapback]

THEY AREN'T EDITING YOUR POSTS YOU CRAZY OLD MAN.

150328[/snapback]

Of course he has you daft shite.

I'm 51. The same as Glenn Roeder. And look as young as he does. OK.

Now, Rob is old :D

150334[/snapback]

Resorting to insults, it's true what the say about old people having worse manners.

They're not editing your posts, they're deliberately misquoting you for comedic effect. There's a difference.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debate or debating is a formal method of interactive and position representational argument. Rules governing debate allow groups and individuals to discuss and decide issues and differences. Debate is an aspect of argument which is distinct from logical argument, in that it encompasses aspects of human persuasion which appeal to emotional responses —often based on exaggerated or misrepresented statements or claims.

Note the "human persuasion" and "emotional responses" ... :D

150329[/snapback]

Blimey Radgina, where did you make that up !!!

You have to admit though, that whats the point of the admin saying they run a sensible and adult message board, when they allow themselves and/or their own mods to edit people's posts ?

See the thread by ratboy, as well as this one.

150335[/snapback]

OOps...sorry forgot to credit it to Wikipedia... :D and when did anybody ever say this is a sensible adult message board, bearing in mind the 15 and 16 year olds who post here too ?

It was the "emotional response" bit I was referring to when you were asking about post editing... :lol:

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

Resorting to insults, it's true what the say about old people having worse manners.

They're not editing your posts, they're deliberately misquoting you for comedic effect. There's a difference.

150337[/snapback]

It does kind of reduce the effect when the original post remains in tact and about one space above the "editted" post and is clearly meant as a joke.

Now if Moderators edit an original post and you can't see that its happened that is wrong.

I think Renton has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't think his qualifications are relevant. Unless we've got professional spies posting on here, none of us are actually qualified to comment on the matter - we are however entitled to have opinions/perspectives etc.

A small point, but Leazes you seem keen to dismiss the opinions of others on the basis that they're not qualified to comment. I might have missed this, but have you ever said what you do for a living/gives your opinions extra credence? I don't expect you to, but it seems unfair to criticise others.

150321[/snapback]

No Bridget, I haven't said anything about myself. And I am not going to.

If Renton hadn't started insulting me just because he disagreed with me, and harping on about his "qualifications" I think its fair to say, that I wouldn't have mentioned them either. Draw your own conclusions.

Debate or debating is a formal method of interactive and position representational argument. Rules governing debate allow groups and individuals to discuss and decide issues and differences. Debate is an aspect of argument which is distinct from logical argument, in that it encompasses aspects of human persuasion which appeal to emotional responses —often based on exaggerated or misrepresented statements or claims.

Note the "human persuasion" and "emotional responses" ... :lol:

150329[/snapback]

You have to admit though, that whats the point of the admin saying they run a sensible and adult message board, when they allow themselves and/or their own mods to edit people's posts ?

150335[/snapback]

Ok I'll keep the questions simple. LM we don't know each other and I have a strange respect for the fight you are putting up here. Let's me and you keep it simple.

Why don't the Govt just do as you are suggesting and why do they have long time and money wasting debates about increasing police powers and making changes to the law?

Why do you think that is?

Tell me?

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

You can't claim to run a sensible message board of adults debating points when people are changing other peoples points of view.

And someone from mod/admin side changed ratboys post. Look at the thread he started. Poor and pathetic.

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

It does kind of reduce the effect when the original post remains in tact and about one space above the "editted" post and is clearly meant as a joke.

Now if Moderators edit an original post and you can't see that its happened that is wrong.

150339[/snapback]

Whats this all about then ?

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6536

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

150339[/snapback]

150347[/snapback]

LM did you see my question?

Guest Toplass-101

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

150339[/snapback]

150347[/snapback]

150349[/snapback]

even if he had he wouldnt have answered it

Factodiddlyumptioulsy

I think Renton has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't think his qualifications are relevant. Unless we've got professional spies posting on here, none of us are actually qualified to comment on the matter - we are however entitled to have opinions/perspectives etc.

A small point, but Leazes you seem keen to dismiss the opinions of others on the basis that they're not qualified to comment. I might have missed this, but have you ever said what you do for a living/gives your opinions extra credence? I don't expect you to, but it seems unfair to criticise others.

150321[/snapback]

If Renton hadn't started insulting me just because he disagreed with me, and harping on about his "qualifications" I think its fair to say, that I wouldn't have mentioned them either. Draw your own conclusions.

150341[/snapback]

Oh FFS, I thought you'd agreed to stop obsessing about me, you sad, sad man. :D

This thread has been going downhill from the minute Leazes started it. Still, it's clarified a few things. Mainly that you're thick as pigshit.

(cue tut tut, insults from one so intelligent etc....). :lol:

You can't claim to run a sensible message board of adults debating points when people are changing other peoples points of view.

150345[/snapback]

Which is why it's impossible to debate with you - the above is EXACTLY what you do. The only difference is you don't edit the quote. You just quote people in full and then respond to a viewpoint that you've attributed to them. Most of the time it bears no resemblance to what they're actually saying.

Oh no, the 'editing posts' paranoid ramblings again.  :D

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

150339[/snapback]

150347[/snapback]

150349[/snapback]

even if he had he wouldnt have answered it

Factodiddlyumptioulsy

150350[/snapback]

Aye. :lol:

Note the "human persuasion" and "emotional responses" ... :lol:

150329[/snapback]

150335[/snapback]

Ok I'll keep the questions simple. LM we don't know each other and I have a strange respect for the fight you are putting up here. Let's me and you keep it simple.

Why don't the Govt just do as you are suggesting and why do they have long time and money wasting debates about increasing police powers and making changes to the law?

Why do you think that is?

Tell me?

150344[/snapback]

I'm not putting up a fight, just stating my view. The answer to your question is a huge one isn't it. The long winded process of government, democracy etc etc..there is a Bill going through, Blair said so if you remember. I have no idea what "powers" it is seeking, other than enabling them to hold terrorists [maybe others] longer in custody, but it is going through the process at the moment.

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

150339[/snapback]

150347[/snapback]

Thats what i said. If they edit an original post which you can't tell has been editted thats wrong. What people on here have done is quote a post and change it for a joke which is made clear by the fact the original post remains in tact as it was written for all to see.

150321[/snapback]

150341[/snapback]

Oh FFS, I thought you'd agreed to stop obsessing about me, you sad, sad man. :D

This thread has been going downhill from the minute Leazes started it. Still, it's clarified a few things. Mainly that you're thick as pigshit.

(cue tut tut, insults from one so intelligent etc....). :lol:

150351[/snapback]

Give it a rest Renton. I think you are a sad sad man, and a deluded one. He asked us to pack it in, so pack it in. I was answering Bridgets question, surely you can see that. What an arsehole.

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

150339[/snapback]

150347[/snapback]

Thats what i said. If they edit an original post which you can't tell has been editted thats wrong. What people on here have done is quote a post and change it for a joke which is made clear by the fact the original post remains in tact as it was written for all to see.

150355[/snapback]

Thanks for the no ans LM.

Again why are they debating ferociously about this topic in the house if as you say it is just so much common sense to increase police powers etc.....?

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

150339[/snapback]

150347[/snapback]

150355[/snapback]

No mate, I'm sorry, but you can't claim to be running a sensible message board for adults, and be up for debates, when you change or clip people's posts. It's piss poor and pathetic.

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

150339[/snapback]

150347[/snapback]

150355[/snapback]

Again why are they debating ferociously about this topic in the house if as you say it is just so much common sense to increase police powers etc.....?

150358[/snapback]

eerr....because people more concerned about the terrorists "rights" than the victims happen to have got into government perhaps ???

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

150339[/snapback]

150347[/snapback]

150355[/snapback]

150358[/snapback]

eerr....because people more concerned about the terrorists "rights" than the victims happen to have got into government perhaps ???

150362[/snapback]

"eerr....because people more concerned about the terrorists "rights" than the victims happen to have got into government perhaps ???"

No it is because they are concerned about how new radical legislation will also affect the privacy of you and me. Do you actually beleive MP's walk in to the commons fussed about terrorists rights? :D

150323[/snapback]

150326[/snapback]

150328[/snapback]

150334[/snapback]

150337[/snapback]

150339[/snapback]

150347[/snapback]

150355[/snapback]

No mate, I'm sorry, but you can't claim to be running a sensible message board for adults, and be up for debates, when you change or clip people's posts. It's piss poor and pathetic.

150360[/snapback]

If that's the way you think and you don't like it here then why do you post here?

"eerr....because people more concerned about the terrorists "rights" than the victims happen to have got into government perhaps ???"

No it is because they are concerned about how new radical legislation will also affect the privacy of you and me. Do you actually beleive MP's walk in to the commons fussed about terrorists rights? :lol:

150366[/snapback]

How do you think the Human Rights Act got through in its present format ?

They are concerned about the privacy of you and me, of course. The phrase "you and me" includes ALL people, including unidentified terrorists. MP's will have their own views on this, just like me and you. You put freedom before security, I put security before freedom, because I think there is no real freedom if there is inadequate security. The Bill is to help the security services identify these terrorists, not become a police state as you claim.

Some MP's will also be very much aware of the fact that these terrorists would very much like to blow them up while they are walking into the very building you mention. Being closer to this sort of thing rather than just read about it would tend to have a sobering effect on your view of it, although some may naively believe it won't happen to them.

Edited by LeazesMag