Police Hunt Chemical Device

LeazesMag

tbh i know these attacks are coming from asian men but for every tit-end there are 100 decent asian blokes. So telling them all to fuck off is a bit daft.

On a seperate note, did anyone see the story about the tesco lorry drivers who were asked to take down their england flags in their trucks cos it might offend non nationals. I got thinking and can you imagine the hell on if i moved to france or spain, and contacted the local big chain supermarket to say i was english and their national flags offended me. In england what the big fat hairy fuck is the problem with flying an english flag?

144580[/snapback]

It's because people like the BNP use St Georges Cross and people have come to associate it with them and racism. Which I think is a shame as it is admitting defeat, and basically surrendering the flag to them.

The most annoying part of this story is the bit in bold - these suggestions are always made by middle class white people, who think on the minorities' behalf. Which is patronising, and arguably (and indeed ironically) racist.

144634[/snapback]

Agreed, in cases of political correctness such as this, how many times has a complaint ever been made by the "minority" ?

Very rarely I would argue.

144636[/snapback]

I hate to be pedantic, and I've mentioned this before, but this is not a case of political correctness. Political correctness is actually a good thing, it means for example that it's illegal not to employ black people because of the colour of their skin.

Flying your own nation's flag is politically correct, it's idiotic rulings like this that make people believe political correctness is a bad thing.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the end of the day, as cruel and barbaric as it may seem, we've got more bombs. We can win if we play by their rules. But there is too much rolled up in playing by "humantarian" rules, which quite frankly will not work with the enemies that we are facing .

144592[/snapback]

You think this "war" (again, I think that is the worng term) can be won using bombs and violence? Don't be fucking daft, and read about the history of other powers that have tried to win by doing this. Look at Northern Ireland even.

The problem is, how do you identify the enemy? I'm not saying i have the answers, but blowing up everyone because of their religion/colour/place of birth, or deporting them for these reasons, is not the answer, I'm fairly sure.

144594[/snapback]

This "war" (I agree this is the wrong term because 'wars' as we know them are immeasurably different to what is going on.) will not be "won". Ever. Not with Bombs, vilonece and weapons, and nor with soft words and negotiation.You're a fool if you think that a few well chosen phrases will turn the tide.

I'm saying that the ONLY way to gety ANY kind of "victory" from thsi is to play the same game as our enemy. Bombs and brutal, indiscriminate murders.

it won't (thank God) happen, but it is the most viable solution that I can see.

I cannot begin to imagine quite how the worlds statesmen will shape the future, but that region is quite frankly not worth the bother. If they had nothing of use to the miore dominant powers we would hear nothing of their plight.

end of the Day renton, you think we're in that region for the wrong reasons, you think that the troops are misbehaving (forgive me for the flippant sound to the term) and you think they shold be held accountable. But you, and many with the same view point as yourself have offered nothing, no glimmer of genius, no shaft of insight as to quite how this problem will be solved.

I'm saying that the ONLY way to gety ANY kind of "victory" from thsi is to play the same game as our enemy. Bombs and brutal, indiscriminate murders.

it won't (thank God) happen, but it is the most viable solution that I can see.

144649[/snapback]

Taking it down to their level is the most viable solution? There will always be a few lunatics in the world, granted, but there are too many people in this world who believe in blowing themselves up to kill the enemy because of the behavior of certain countries on 'our' side.

If you think the outcome of hitting their 'army' hard is going to result in them losing numbers, I think you're well off the mark. We might need to accept some responsibility for the current situation and bite the bullet. As you said you can't win this war - and the last thing you should do in that situation is look for any kind of victory - you have to look for a cease-fire.

not really working though is it?

there will always be nutters, so we cave and give into these, whats to stop more and more people using this method to get more and more power?

not really working though is it?

there will always be nutters, so we cave and give into these, whats to stop more and more people using this method to get more and more power?

144696[/snapback]

Sorry, what's not working? What I suggested isn't what's happening. I think you should read my post again - both from the point of what is really happening now and about the 'nutters'.

If you don't agree with the points I've made then refute them, but your post suggests you haven't read them.

I know it's a stretch to say so, but I do believe that the people in power are looking for a ceasefire. I'm saying that isn't working.

I also think it's only the delusional who are not accepting some degree of responsibility for the situation.

I'm saying that the current tac isn't working, we're trying to "negotiate" with people who do not neccesarily represent the views of the people blowing themselves up.

tbh i know these attacks are coming from asian men but for every tit-end there are 100 decent asian blokes. So telling them all to fuck off is a bit daft.

On a seperate note, did anyone see the story about the tesco lorry drivers who were asked to take down their england flags in their trucks cos it might offend non nationals. I got thinking and can you imagine the hell on if i moved to france or spain, and contacted the local big chain supermarket to say i was english and their national flags offended me. In england what the big fat hairy fuck is the problem with flying an english flag?

144580[/snapback]

It's because people like the BNP use St Georges Cross and people have come to associate it with them and racism. Which I think is a shame as it is admitting defeat, and basically surrendering the flag to them.

The most annoying part of this story is the bit in bold - these suggestions are always made by middle class white people, who think on the minorities' behalf. Which is patronising, and arguably (and indeed ironically) racist.

144634[/snapback]

Agreed, in cases of political correctness such as this, how many times has a complaint ever been made by the "minority" ?

Very rarely I would argue.

144636[/snapback]

I hate to be pedantic, and I've mentioned this before, but this is not a case of political correctness. Political correctness is actually a good thing, it means for example that it's illegal not to employ black people because of the colour of their skin.

Flying your own nation's flag is politically correct, it's idiotic rulings like this that make people believe political correctness is a bad thing.

144640[/snapback]

There are examples both good and bad for Political correctness, whilst it is shown in a bad light in most examples there are elements and examples where it is clear common sense, however, as it was mentioned before, especially when it is implemented with a veiw to discourage people from displaying national identities for the sake of suposidly offending ethnic minorities, its a case of clear stupidity and an insult to those who's heritage is in that nation.

144580[/snapback]

As Leazes says, no-one in this country would complain about the flags. In fact, the last time I was in Paris, I was quite impressed that the French hung the tricolour everywhere, it was nice to see some national pride.*

I sincerly doubt this is the result of 'other' people telling us what we can and can't do in our own country.

*but the people flying flags from their houses is a bit much.

144634[/snapback]

I think class has got fuck all to do with it tbh. and whats worse, inadvertent racism in that way or some skinhead idiot shouting fuck off back to paki land :rolleyes:

So sticking up for minorities is racist now :lol: give your head a shake :lol:

and Leazes, id love to hear your ideas for combating the unseen enemy in this country? You have a lot to say on the matter, how would you handle it?

Leazes, your comments about all do gooders being thick, renton trying to be intelligent but hes not, everyones opinion is valid but mine is right etc.

are you actually being serious or just trying to get a rise. Racism, terrorism and intelligence are mutually exclusive. One of the most intelligent blokes i met in america, millionaire optician who had his own company, told me usa should drop a nuke on iraq, and he was deadly serious!!!

Come to think of it, you two would probably get on!

Leazes, your comments about all do gooders being thick, renton trying to be intelligent but hes not, everyones opinion is valid but mine is right etc.

are you actually being serious or just trying to get a rise. Racism, terrorism and intelligence are mutually exclusive. One of the most intelligent blokes i met in america, millionaire optician who had his own company, told me usa should drop a nuke on iraq, and he was deadly serious!!!

Come to think of it, you two would probably get on!

144750[/snapback]

Well, you are the one who said he was intelligent, which says a lot about you !

You could try telling us what your solution to this escalating situation is instead of making daft remarks. As GF said, some people just don't have one, yet put down the one that others suggest. Give us an alternative.

What are you going to suggest we do when Iran gets a nuclear weapon ? Think about it. Serious question.

and Leazes, id love to hear your ideas for combating the unseen enemy in this country? You have a lot to say on the matter, how would you handle it?

answering a quaetion with a question :lol:

isnt that what you just played hell with renton for? You right wing thick twat :lol:

answering a quaetion with a question :lol:

isnt that what you just played hell with renton for? You right wing thick twat :lol:

144771[/snapback]

quite ironic that people on here like you laugh at the "kiddies" on NO.

My answer to that question, has been said many times, you must have been asleep, in the same way that you missed the football club being better off with Craig Bellamy in it, rather than not.

The answer to your question most definitely isn't to continue allowing bombers to shield themselves behind the decent majority, respecting their "rights". Which, like it or not, is the action that only a complete clueless fuckwit defends.

''The answer to your question most definitely isn't to continue allowing bombers to shield themselves behind the decent majority, respecting their "rights". Which, like it or not, is the action that only a complete clueless fuckwit defends.''

I didnt ask you what wasnt the answer the answer though. Or maybe you are as clueless as the rest of us.

144580[/snapback]

As Leazes says, no-one in this country would complain about the flags. In fact, the last time I was in Paris, I was quite impressed that the French hung the tricolour everywhere, it was nice to see some national pride.*

I sincerly doubt this is the result of 'other' people telling us what we can and can't do in our own country.

*but the people flying flags from their houses is a bit much.

144634[/snapback]

I think class has got fuck all to do with it tbh. and whats worse, inadvertent racism in that way or some skinhead idiot shouting fuck off back to paki land :lol:

So sticking up for minorities is racist now :lol: give your head a shake :lol:

144749[/snapback]

You're right, class does have little to do with it, I was just thinking of a stereotypical Guardian reader tbh. :rolleyes:

Sticking up for minorities isn't racist, but deciding on their behalf what might offend them and assuming they're overly sensitve about England flags on cars is both patronising and racist. Not as bad as your skinhead idiot, I admit. But it is pretty stupid, and leads to people like Leazes saying "they're telling us what to do in our own country", leading to more animosity towards them. It's self defeating.

Beeb Monday morning:-

"A meticulous examination of the house in Lansdown Road continued over the weekend, but so far the chemical device police are looking for has not been found, said BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw"

Ho hum - lucky the guys didn't decide to go to the nearest Tube station I guess...................

Guest alex
Leazes, what is your point? I acknowledge that some extremists have been accused of making a chemical device (whatever that might be), and that we will find out more about it in due course. Who am I defending? Once again, how am I like Chemical Ali? Please enlighten me.

Now, you were complaining that it was the work of foreigners or illegal immigrants. Please verify where you have got this information, I'm interested. Unless of course you mean that all asian people are foreigners, regardless of citzenship, which is what I suspect.

You know, I'm beginning to think that complicated issues like this might be beyond your comprehension, you seem to be having difficulty translating your obvious sense of outrage into any coherent argument. Now, can you just clearly an unambiguously state what you think should be done, for instance, do you think we should have enforced repatriation? Othewise there's little point in discussing things, is there?

144559[/snapback]

possible link ?

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13526901,00.html

One thing I'll say for you Renton, is you don't realise how pointless it is to debate with terrorists, just as it is with yourself, believing we don't have a serious problem here, with these incidents escalating all the time the way they are.

At least your consistently naive.

Have you forgotten already those hijackers being allowed to stay...just one example, only a few weeks ago. Tremendous for the country aren't they ?

144562[/snapback]

:lol:

Have you read that link? What does it add over the other one? Do you know how many people have held under the prevention of terrorism act, only for the police to release them, as they had done fuck all? These people might well have done something wrong, but unlike you, I'm prepared to wait and see.

Where have I ever said we should debate with terrorists? Please, tell me. Also, once again, how am I like chemical Ali? I've only asked you six times now.

As for the hijacking ruling, I agreed at the time it was a ludicrous decision, along with every person on this board. Please though, can you tell me the relevance to this story?

So, as I suspected, there is no point in this thread at all, is there, other than let you have another inarticulate tirade against an enemy you can't or more likely won't even define. Pointless. :rolleyes:

144564[/snapback]

"Inarticulate tirade"... a typical response from a left wing do-gooder that thinks all these terrorists will be be respond to debate and negotiation.

The only thing they understand is the bullet. Pure and simple.

I hope you share the same condemnation of the muslim countries who want to ship out all westerners....

If you can't see how these problems are escalating, and accept we need to do something decisive about them, you are blind.

144571[/snapback]

Whereas your response was in no way typical or expected :lol:

It now looks liek it was a police "accident" he was shot

not his brother shooting him as the leaks (sorry "govt sources") had it over the weekend

In the interests of keeping the thread going, I'll play Leazes Mag. To anyone who's posted since his last effort, I say this:

Typical response of a left-wing do-gooder. You're just like...err....the Chemical Brothers. There is an unseen enemy in this country trying to do us in, but you are all too blind to see it.

What are we going to do when they get a nuclear weapon. Will you finally pull your head out of the sand?

About what I'd expect from a kiddie's forum. Erm. Iran. And bombs. And stuff.

Maybe NOW I've opened your eyes.

In the interests of keeping the thread going, I'll play Leazes Mag.  To anyone who's posted since his last effort, I say this:

Typical response of a left-wing do-gooder.  You're just like...err....the Chemical Brothers.  There is an unseen enemy in this country trying to do us in, but you are all too blind to see it. 

What are we going to do when they get a nuclear weapon.  Will you finally pull your head out of the sand?

About what I'd expect from a kiddie's forum.  Erm.  Iran.  And bombs.  And stuff.

144957[/snapback]

Can someone be me? I need a break from these threads.....

If this is another police cock up it'll be interesting to hear what Leazes has to say. Actually, no, it won't.

In the interests of keeping the thread going, I'll play Leazes Mag.  To anyone who's posted since his last effort, I say this:

Typical response of a left-wing do-gooder.  You're just like...err....the Chemical Brothers.  There is an unseen enemy in this country trying to do us in, but you are all too blind to see it. 

What are we going to do when they get a nuclear weapon.  Will you finally pull your head out of the sand?

About what I'd expect from a kiddie's forum.  Erm.  Iran.  And bombs.  And stuff.

144957[/snapback]

You're [not just you] obviously right. There will not be another bomb anywhere in the UK. We will let Iran and other countries build up their arms, and they will never be any danger to the west. Never. Bombers are our brothers, searching for love and understanding, the same as Saddam was. You know this, because you read it in a book. Well done.

144957[/snapback]

You're [not just you] obviously right. There will not be another bomb anywhere in the UK. We will let Iran and other countries build up their arms, and they will never be any danger to the west. Never. Bombers are our brothers, searching for love and understanding, the same as Saddam was. You know this, because you read it in a book. Well done.

144967[/snapback]

Why shouldn't they? Are we not a danger to them? I can't think of one good reason why Iran shouldnt have arms.

Certainly if i was incharge of a country and i was placed on an "axis of evil" i'd prepare my defences.

we have H bombs, the yanks have them, the russians, the chinese, pakistan , india, israel, probably n korea - even the FRENCH have them FFS

no wonder the Iranians are baffled