Spain vs France

Kid Dynamite

Very poor from Henry. His interview comes across as a man who knows he did wrong but is too ashamed to admit it, I mean, going on about a goal South Korea scored ffs.

Just backs up what I said yesterday, if England want to win this thing they're going to have to join in with these antics unfortunately.

Should get punished via video like Rivaldo did.

154214[/snapback]

There's another article on the Guardian site about how England were called to a meeting last night to watch a video montage of all of Portugal's cheating antics since the tournament began, to let them know what to expect. They also had a FIFA rep present to answer any questions on what was/wasn't above the law re time-wasting etc.

Not a bad idea from Sven - if you go into the game knowing what they're like, you'll find it easier to accept when they're doing it to you, and be less likely to get yourself in trouble buy overreacting to it.

It's bad craic that you have to go to these lengths in a tournament that's supposed to be about football though.

154222[/snapback]

Watch Joe Cole and John Terry's performance against Ecuador.We are cheating.

154226[/snapback]

I know the likes Owen and the Coles go down quite easily (fnarr fnarr) but I can't think of an occasion when an England player has tried to get someone off by clutching their face in mock agony in a Henry-esque manner.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

154226[/snapback]

Like I also said, with the two Coles we have two of the biggest cheats in the competition, but even their cheating pales into comparison with what we've seen so far. We need to step the diving, cheating and simulation up to another level. It pains me to say it, but FIFA have continued to do fuck all about it so if you can't beat them...join them.

I had to laugh a the French commentators last night, their cries of outrage gave way to deafening silence when the replay showed the reality of the 'foul'.

The English players, on average, are far more honest with this sort of thing. I don't know about you, but I'd rather my team never qualified for another tournament than stooped to this level.

154226[/snapback]

Like I also said, with the two Coles we have two of the biggest cheats in the competition, but even their cheating pales into comparison with what we've seen so far. We need to step the diving, cheating and simulation up to another level. It pains me to say it, but FIFA have continued to do fuck all about it so if you can't beat them...join them.

154237[/snapback]

The thing with some of the cheating these days is that it's gone beyond diving to win fouls (I've accepted that as part of the game by now). That's not enough anymore - it's about trying to get players sent off and it's just not on. Unfortunately I think you might be right - the only way to make it a level playing field is to act like a Portugal and cheat your way through games (I'm not saying they aren't a good footballing side before anyone starts, because they are!). I agree on Joe Cole and I hate watching the way he goes down under some challenges, because it's as bad as the worst of the continental lot, but if that's how FIFA want the game to be played........

but if that's how FIFA want the game to be played........

154243[/snapback]

Bollocks, I'm starting a BASEketball team tbh.

FIFA said they would clamp down on it and show zero tolerance, they haven't, and there's no way I'm having England beaten by a bunch of cheaters when we could easily get beat by them playing fair...

Joe Cole is up there with the best of them. I hate how he rolls around and stays down when he blatantly isnt injured. Until he stops doing it, us England fans havent got a leg to stand on when we complain about cheats!

Joe Cole is up there with the best of them. I hate how he rolls around and stays down when he blatantly isnt injured. Until he stops doing it,  us England fans havent got a leg to stand on when we complain about cheats!

154271[/snapback]

I've yet to see him deliberately try to get a player sent off though.

Back to the match, I'm glad that the team managed by that racist idiot have been put out on their arses by a team whose majority of players are black. I've just remembered what Aragones said about Henry so actually I think his antics were perfectly justified. :blink:

Thought it was canny funny when neanderthal man Aragones was shouting from the touchline and Viera just kept calling over to him and putting his finger to his lips, telling him to "shhhhh". :blink:

Thought it was canny funny when neanderthal man Aragones was shouting from the touchline and Viera just kept calling over to him and putting his finger to his lips, telling him to "shhhhh". :blink:

154283[/snapback]

Aye, the only good thing about Spain getting beat (always been my second team in a WC) is that the racist twat won't win owt.

Ribery looked fantastic (footballing wise) afer he had scored he has got great skill and could cause Brazil a lot of problems.

154306[/snapback]

Apparently his nickname is 'scarface' which I think is a bit harsh. :blink: He was in a car crash as a kid if anyone's interested.

Nostradamous was fucking wrong, wasn't he?

154299[/snapback]

Perhaps he wasn't speaking metaphorically for once.

154323[/snapback]

or maybe its all bollocks ?