Flying to the US?

peasepud

Aye of course they are are wrong after all -

they (the majority) believe in respect for women, not getting pissed every night. no drugs, looking after your parents, protecting kids, no gambling, no staeling

I can see why they're not very popular with some people on here

174742[/snapback]

Jesus wept.

Respect for women? Give me a break.

As for the rest, none of it is obligatory in our culture you know Rob. We might have problems, but for me living in a free western country where I can choose how to live my life is infinitely preferable to living in a joylous country where I can be sentenced to death for insulting Allah.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No they weren't muslim.  That's my point.  Britain has as much trouble accepting ANY non-whites.  Not just muslims.

Are race hate crimes not indicative of a society that's yet to accept other cultures, the teenagers in question might have been British born and bred, but their skin colour marked them out as people with afro-carribean roots.

Go to an Indian retaurant late on a Saturday night, or a Chinese.  How welcome do the drunken arseholes make the people serving them.

174750[/snapback]

Yet they've integrated..that's my point...are you saying that no culture has ever integrated in the UK?

I've experienced xenophobia (and I'm white btw) first hand in the UK, I also consider many of my friends in the UK who are foreign or their parents were to be fully integrated. I think they'd be quite offended by the notion that they're not.

Are you saying a black man who's ancestors have lived in England for hundreds of years isn't integrated?

Edited by DotBum

If I'm being honest, I've got a problem with all religions. Especially people who take them a bit too literally and try to impose them on others. And the only reason public figures are scared to have a go at Islam is because the looney element will threaten to kill them.

If I'm being honest, I've got a problem with all religions. Especially people who take them a bit too literally and try to impose them on others. And the only reason public figures are scared to have a go at Islam is because the looney element will threaten to kill them.

174758[/snapback]

I hate people trying to impose their beliefs on me too. I want the right not to believe in God, which is impossible in many islamic countries (at the very least you have to go through the "motions" of believing in a deity.

And does Rob really believe woman are free to do and say as they please in islamic society? The truth is it is brutally oppressive, especially for women. He doesn't half spout some shite sometimes. :lol:

I've experienced xenophobia (and I'm white btw) first hand in the UK

174757[/snapback]

A white Irishman?! I believe the correct term is pasty.

174764[/snapback]

Not anymore, bronzed Adonis tbh.

And the correct term is non-white, Imperialist pig-dog. :lol:

No they weren't muslim.  That's my point.  Britain has as much trouble accepting ANY non-whites.  Not just muslims.

Are race hate crimes not indicative of a society that's yet to accept other cultures, the teenagers in question might have been British born and bred, but their skin colour marked them out as people with afro-carribean roots.

Go to an Indian retaurant late on a Saturday night, or a Chinese.  How welcome do the drunken arseholes make the people serving them.

174750[/snapback]

Yet they've integrated..that's my point...are you saying that no culture has ever integrated in the UK?

I've experienced xenophobia (and I'm white btw) first hand in the UK, I also consider many of my friends in the UK who are foreign or their parents were to be fully integrated. I think they'd be quite offended by the notion that they're not.

Are you saying a black man who's ancestors have lived in England for hundreds of years isn't integrated?

174757[/snapback]

I see all my muslim friends and workmates as fully integrated. Some of them speak broader geordie than me. I don't see why muslims as a whole are viewed as less integrated than any* other group.

*Maybe not 'any', I'll qualify that as non-white.

I've experienced xenophobia (and I'm white btw) first hand in the UK

174757[/snapback]

A white Irishman?! I believe the correct term is pasty.

174764[/snapback]

Not anymore, bronzed Adonis tbh.

And the correct term is non-white, Imperialist pig-dog. :lol:

174769[/snapback]

I was holidaying in SW France once and a coach full of Irish holiday makers freshly in arrived. They were literally blue. Not a nice sight.

174758[/snapback]

I hate people trying to impose their beliefs on me too. I want the right not to believe in God, which is impossible in many islamic countries (at the very least you have to go through the "motions" of believing in a deity.

And does Rob really believe woman are free to do and say as they please in islamic society? The truth is it is brutally oppressive, especially for women. He doesn't half spout some shite sometimes. :lol:

174768[/snapback]

I lived with a muslim last year.. He was a really dedicated muslim aswell so he got up at stupidly early times to pray, which I heard sometimes through the walls as they were so thin.

I've got no problem with muslims because I have a few good liberal muslim mates.. Just the extremist ones that want to impose their beliefs on me that annoy me.. I still get e-mails from my old housemate which is all anti-jew this, anti bacon that.. it's all confusing, i dunno what they are and aren't allowed to like.

Edited by Southern Geordie

they (the majority) believe in respect for women, not getting pissed every night. no drugs, looking after your parents, protecting kids, no gambling, no staeling

174742[/snapback]

Jesus wept.

As for the rest, none of it is obligatory in our culture you know Rob. We might have problems, but for me living in a free western country where I can choose how to live my life is infinitely preferable to living in a joylous country where I can be sentenced to death for insulting Allah.

174754[/snapback]

take it from me - pluses and minuses - like eveything

its good to be in a place where you can leave stuff in your car and not have it nicked, or your kids can roam the streets without worrying about them and there are no drunks in cars

"I was holidaying in SW France once and a coach full of Irish holiday makers freshly in arrived. They were literally blue. Not a nice sight."

Celts TBH - its the all over tatooing that does it

174750[/snapback]

174757[/snapback]

I see all my muslim friends and workmates as fully integrated. Some of them speak broader geordie than me. I don't see why muslims as a whole are viewed as less integrated than any* other group.

174780[/snapback]

What other "group" identify themselves more by their religion than their supposed nationality? Genuine question.

I don't think anyone has a problem with moderates of any creeds. Unfortunately a sizable proportion of muslims are becoming or have already become "radicalized" imo. We are of course allowed to disagree on that point.

"He doesn't half spout some shite sometimes"

I thank you - the nicest thing anyone has said for a while - most people think I spout shit ALL the time

sometimes its me age, sometimes its the drink

I see all my muslim friends and workmates as fully integrated.  Some of them speak broader geordie than me.  I don't see why muslims as a whole are viewed as less integrated than any* other group.

174780[/snapback]

Aren't we talking about muslims who can't integrate? :lol:

I don't think anyone feels it's all of them, unless you think the problem of muslim integration is just a media myth? It's perpetuated in other countries too, if that's the case.

174742[/snapback]

Jesus wept.

174754[/snapback]

take it from me - pluses and minuses - like eveything

its good to be in a place where you can leave stuff in your car and not have it nicked, or your kids can roam the streets without worrying about them and there are no drunks in cars

174785[/snapback]

But ironically the main reason for this is because they have a brutal and unfair legal system, something which you are utterly opposed to in this country.

Also, good job you're a bloke or you probably wouldn't be driving a car, would you?

To be fair im of irish decent and im pasty as fuck.

174789[/snapback]

Go outside, Keith.

174796[/snapback]

Im having a bad posting day :lol:

Some bastard wants me banned and ive just fell down the stairs and hit my headoff a wall, icepack time ;)

What other "group" identify themselves more by their religion than their supposed nationality? Genuine question.

174791[/snapback]

Christians?

174797[/snapback]

Bollocks.

Would Jews not have been an easier argument?

I remember seeing a program post 9/11 but pre 7/7 where 3 young professional Muslims (Pakistani descent iirc) and pretty 'westernised'/integrated went around speaking to more radical Muslims. They were genuinely shocked at the levels on resentment and opposition to becoming part of British society that they encountered at times. They thought it was a problem.

174791[/snapback]

Christians?

174797[/snapback]

Jews and other rootless cosmopolitans

Some Bhuddists