Flying to the US?

peasepud

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This 'arrest muslims' might sound like a joke, but when i flew over in 2004, someone on the flight with me was DETAINED after he got off the plane, and interviewed, because he had a middle east-sounding name.

On a side note, it better sort itself out soon for MY benefit. If you ask me, it's all a plan to start charging for the headphones to use in-flight, like AA already do.

174337[/snapback]

Buy a pair of noise reduction headphones. One of the best purchases I have ever made :lol:;);)

174339[/snapback]

It's more for the in-flight entertainment. On AA planes they have special sockets so you can't just plug your headphones into them and you have to pay three quid for their own ones! Swine.

174343[/snapback]

One of the oldest dodges in airline flying - the crew "lose" about 5% of the headsets on each flight - these are then re-sold to the self loading cargo on the next flight and the $$$$$$ are a usefull little earner for the trolly dollies :razz::):)

174468[/snapback]

As old as headphones themselves.

The potential attack was rumoured to have involved snakes.  :lol:

174462[/snapback]

On a plane? - Ingenious.

174469[/snapback]

Would've been like something out of a poorly titled Hollywood blockbuster.

Do you think all the ex-pats in Spain support the Spanish national team then? :lol:

174472[/snapback]

I wasn't talking about ex-pats, I was on about people born here. Commendable effort though. ;)

I'm not worried about what top a kid wears at cricket, the people who I am worried about don't watch cricket as they will almost certainly find some reason in their religion that it's wrong (actually, it is, but that's another story :lol:).

I wasn't talking about ex-pats, I was on about people born here. Commendable effort though.  ;)

174474[/snapback]

Ah, but was the father of the four year old born here? You need to ask for their papers next time tbh :lol:

I'm not worried about what top a kid wears at cricket, the people who I am worried about don't watch cricket as they will almost certainly find some reason in their religion that it's wrong (actually, it is, but that's another story :lol:).

174477[/snapback]

One of the 7/7 bombers played cricket didn't he?

Do you think all the ex-pats in Spain support the Spanish national team then? :lol:

174472[/snapback]

I wasn't talking about ex-pats, I was on about people born here. Commendable effort though. ;)

174474[/snapback]

If I move anywhere else then have kids, they WILL support Newcastle.

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

Textbook Rob - dismissive whilst missing the point.

I'm aware Tebbit said that if you move to a country you should support them Rob. That's not what I'm saying though. If I moved to Australia I wouldn't suddenly stop supporting England. I'm saying it's sad that a lot of young Muslims don't feel British or English.

Edited by alex

174477[/snapback]

174480[/snapback]

Don't know but I bet his imam didn't.

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

I'm aware Tebbit said that if you move to a country you should support them Rob. That's not what I'm saying though. If I moved to Australia I wouldn't suddenly stop supporting England. I'm saying it's sad that a lot of young Muslims don't feel British or English.

174488[/snapback]

Probably because they read threads like this and don't feel all that welcome tbh.

174477[/snapback]

174480[/snapback]

Don't know but I bet his imam didn't.

174492[/snapback]

Not very familiar with the Koran but I'm willing to bet only a rather extreme interpretation of it would prevent people from watching / taking part in sport (well blokes anyway ;) ).

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

Probably because they read threads like this and don't feel all that welcome tbh.

174494[/snapback]

Do you think I've said anything that is particularly out of order or offensive to Muslims like?

nothing much to add that hasn't already been said.

.glad we caught them before anyone was hurt

.they've still got a minor victory (the absolute mayhem and reduction of freedom for us pesky infidels)

.worried about the inevitable backlash against the wrong people

.I'm desperate to see some kind of admonishment from the Muslim Council of Britain.. not a wishy washy press release. But a firm and proud statement distancing the islamic religion from barbaric acts.

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

174494[/snapback]

Do you think I've said anything that is particularly out of order or offensive to Muslims like?

174498[/snapback]

No. Not you specifically.

But I'm sure British muslims love being stereotyped as insular callcentre staff who mistreat their women and celebrate the deaths of other British civilians. As long as our society continues to be this welcoming why wouldn't they want to integrate more fully with us?

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

I wasn't being dismissive dear lad - I was just pointing out that it was one of Mr T's points that has come round again

I agree with you - its a shame that 2nd or third generation Muslims don't support England

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

I wasn't being dismissive dear lad - I was just pointing out that it was one of Mr T's points that has come round again

I agree with you - its a shame that 2nd or third generation Muslims don't support England

174507[/snapback]

Fair do's - sorry for being a defensive tit. :lol:

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

174494[/snapback]

174498[/snapback]

No. Not you specifically.

But I'm sure British muslims love being stereotyped as insular callcentre staff who mistreat their women and celebrate the deaths of other British civilians. As long as our society continues to be this welcoming why wouldn't they want to integrate more fully with us?

174506[/snapback]

I can see why you quoted me there then :lol:

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

174507[/snapback]

2nd or 3rd generation muslims will be born into a muslim family, go to a muslin school, have muslim rolemodels, have muslim friends, live in a muslim area, marry a muslim, etc etc etc

why should they support england?

I can see why you quoted me there then  :lol:

174511[/snapback]

Because you said "it's sad that a lot of young Muslims don't feel British or English."

I was agreeing that it's a shame, but pointing out that it's understandable, given the contempt with which they are treated. Not maliciously, just as standard.

I can see why you quoted me there then  ;)

174511[/snapback]

Because you said "it's sad that a lot of young Muslims don't feel British or English."

I was agreeing that it's a shame, but pointing out that it's understandable, given the contempt with which they are treated. Not maliciously, just as standard.

174515[/snapback]

Me being dismissive (and sarcastic) and missing the point. Soz :lol: