Flying to the US?

peasepud

Im off to Canada on Saturday. Its going to be a long long flight without my gadgets ;)

knowing my luck the movie will be some shite rom com too

174164[/snapback]

East or West Coast mate? West would be a REAL struggle. It's hard to read a book on a flight that long too cos normally you've had an early start and can't take anything in. Enjoy. :lol:

174166[/snapback]

East. Yeah it could be worse..

174179[/snapback]

undefined

Please find details of flights that have been cancelled at Newcastle International Airport as a direct result of the heightened security measures in place today.

EZY6401 to Barcelona due to depart at 09.50

KLM957 from Amsterdam due to arrive at 09:15

KLM958 to Amsterdam due to depart at 10.00

BA1326 from London Heathrow due to arrive at 10.45

BA1327 to London Heathrow due to depart at 12:05

just taken this off newcastle airpot

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

This 'arrest muslims' might sound like a joke, but when i flew over in 2004, someone on the flight with me was DETAINED after he got off the plane, and interviewed, because he had a middle east-sounding name.

On a side note, it better sort itself out soon for MY benefit. If you ask me, it's all a plan to start charging for the headphones to use in-flight, like AA already do.

This 'arrest muslims' might sound like a joke, but when i flew over in 2004, someone on the flight with me was DETAINED after he got off the plane, and interviewed, because he had a middle east-sounding name.

On a side note, it better sort itself out soon for MY benefit. If you ask me, it's all a plan to start charging for the headphones to use in-flight, like AA already do.

174337[/snapback]

Buy a pair of noise reduction headphones. One of the best purchases I have ever made :lol:;);)

Heathrow is now closed to all incoming flights that are not already in the air.

Lufthansa have cancelled all flights to UK

BA shares down 4% this morning...

Guest Patrokles

174337[/snapback]

Buy a pair of noise reduction headphones. One of the best purchases I have ever made :lol:;);)

174339[/snapback]

It's more for the in-flight entertainment. On AA planes they have special sockets so you can't just plug your headphones into them and you have to pay three quid for their own ones! Swine.

174337[/snapback]

Buy a pair of noise reduction headphones. One of the best purchases I have ever made ;);):razz:

174339[/snapback]

It's more for the in-flight entertainment. On AA planes they have special sockets so you can't just plug your headphones into them and you have to pay three quid for their own ones! Swine.

174343[/snapback]

Keep the ones you bought last time. :lol: Or fly business class, darling, and you get noise-reducing ones.

Guest Patrokles

174337[/snapback]

Buy a pair of noise reduction headphones. One of the best purchases I have ever made ;);):razz:

174339[/snapback]

174343[/snapback]

Keep the ones you bought last time. :lol: Or fly business class, darling, and you get noise-reducing ones.

174350[/snapback]

I didn't buy any last time. It was my silent angry protest.

Did anyone see that Channel 4 program on muslims? Sorry to go all LM again but it's sickening to think that perhaps one quarter of British muslims would have celebrated if these sick bastards had succeeded (although we need to wait for the full story etc....).

174147[/snapback]

It would be sickening to think, so we can be grateful it's not the case tbh.

174201[/snapback]

Did you see the mentioned program I'm on about? It's not the case if you take Muslims as a whole group, but if you look at some subgroups (e.g. young muslims from deprived areas) you will find that there is a lot of sympathy for suicide bombers such as the 7/7 bombers. Besides, even if it was just 1%, which I would think is a big underestimate, it's way too much.

No doubt the Dispatches survey had flaws (it was obviously underpowered for one), but I thought the overall message of the program was interesting and sadly accurate. There seems little hope that Muslims will integrate into this country like other cultures and this will mean we will have to put up with this shit for years, maybe forever.

174213[/snapback]

I never saw the program, but I read this article in the times.

7% agree that suicide attacks on civilians in the UK can be justified in some circumstances, rising to 16 per cent for a military target

16% of British Muslims say that while the attacks may have been wrong, the cause was right

Very different to saying they would celebrate a succesful attack. The way you put it was, in my opinion, News of The World style sensationalist spin, that does no-one any good.

Now all the people that would be packed on a plane are packed into airport terminals where any Tom, Dick or Harry can walk in off the street and set off explosives.

174394[/snapback]

Drive in on a milk float packed with explosives tbs tbs.

Now all the people that would be packed on a plane are packed into airport terminals where any Tom, Dick or Harry can walk in off the street and set off explosives.

174394[/snapback]

With the roads around the airport airport heaving so emergency services wouldn't be able to get through.

174394[/snapback]

With the roads around the airport airport heaving so emergency services wouldn't be able to get through.

174399[/snapback]

This is like the bit in a movie with Bruce Willis where the penny drops that THIS was their dastardly plan all along! :lol: I can just see Bruce running through the terminal shouting "EVERYBODY OUT! GET OUT! YIPPEE SOMETHING!"

Did anyone see that Channel 4 program on muslims? Sorry to go all LM again but it's sickening to think that perhaps one quarter of British muslims would have celebrated if these sick bastards had succeeded (although we need to wait for the full story etc....).

174147[/snapback]

174201[/snapback]

Did you see the mentioned program I'm on about? It's not the case if you take Muslims as a whole group, but if you look at some subgroups (e.g. young muslims from deprived areas) you will find that there is a lot of sympathy for suicide bombers such as the 7/7 bombers. Besides, even if it was just 1%, which I would think is a big underestimate, it's way too much.

No doubt the Dispatches survey had flaws (it was obviously underpowered for one), but I thought the overall message of the program was interesting and sadly accurate. There seems little hope that Muslims will integrate into this country like other cultures and this will mean we will have to put up with this shit for years, maybe forever.

174213[/snapback]

7% agree that suicide attacks on civilians in the UK can be justified in some circumstances, rising to 16 per cent for a military target

16% of British Muslims say that while the attacks may have been wrong, the cause was right

Very different to saying they would celebrate a succesful attack. The way you put it was, in my opinion, News of The World style sensationalist spin, that does no-one any good.

174377[/snapback]

True, but then this only a messageboard so a bit of spin is hardly the end of the world. And those figures are still shocking.

The most worrying aspect of the program was that unlike other ethnic immigrants before them, those from muslim countries are not integrating into our society, and in fact the younger generation are getting more radicalised, so the problem is getting worse. I don't know what the solution is but it can't be ignored. As the Mohammed cartoon episode showed.

174147[/snapback]

174201[/snapback]

174213[/snapback]

174377[/snapback]

True, but then this only a messageboard so a bit of spin is hardly the end of the world. And those figures are still shocking.

The most worrying aspect of the program was that unlike other ethnic immigrants before them, those from muslim countries are not integrating into our society, and in fact the younger generation are getting more radicalised, so the problem is getting worse. I don't know what the solution is but it can't be ignored. As the Mohammed cartoon episode showed.

174419[/snapback]

As an aside (but related) when I watching the cricket from Headingley it saddened me to see how many lercals were supporting Pakistan. Obviously some of the older generation were born there but loads of their support was very young. Also, Mahmood (born in Lancashire btw) was being called a traitor by some of these supporters. Now I’m of the attitude that there are a lot of factors as to why young people of Pakistani descent feel that they aren’t British but I also think they could make a bit more effort to be more British/English or whatever. Obviously I’m generalising and I have no idea what it’s like to be a British Muslim.

Edited by alex

174147[/snapback]

174201[/snapback]

174213[/snapback]

174377[/snapback]

174419[/snapback]

As an aside (but related) when I watching the cricket from Headingley it saddened me to see how many lercals were supporting Pakistan. Obviously some of the older generation were born there but loads of their support was very young. Also, Mahmood (born in Lancashire btw) was being called a traitor by some of these supporters. Now I’m of the attitude that there are a lot of factors as to why young people of Pakistani descent feel that they aren’t British but I also think they could make a bit more effort to be more British/English or whatever. Obviously I’m generalising and I have no idea what it’s like to be a British Muslim.

174432[/snapback]

Fantastic point that Alex and i was thinking exactly the same.

Kids rebel, be interesting to see what they're like in 10/20 years.

EDIT: Working at HSBC, FACT!

Edited by DotBum

174438[/snapback]

That's a good point, but a four year old (some of the kids looked dead young) is wearing a Pakistan top because his Dad bought him it, not because he's being a rebel.

174438[/snapback]

Toucan Telecom tbh, the little bastards.

"Mr. Robinson sir. A thousand apologies for ringing you every day sir. But are you absolutely certain I cannot take up one more minute of your time to explain to you the fantastic offer we have at Toucan Telecom"

174438[/snapback]

Toucan Telecom tbh, the little bastards.

"Mr. Robinson sir. A thousand apologies for ringing you every day sir. But are you absolutely certain I cannot take up one more minute of your time to explain to you the fantastic offer we have at Toucan Telecom"

174446[/snapback]

:lol: It's still funny like ;)

That's a good point, but a four year old (some of the kids looked dead young) is wearing a Pakistan top because his Dad bought him it, not because he's being a rebel.

174444[/snapback]

You see plenty of English wearing Ireland top too (ok, so most of them are playing for us :lol:). I wouldn't be too worried about it at the moment, this shite is going to be sensationalised. And you have to accept that when people are looking for someone to blame British history and current political position is going to make them an easy target. To some extent the West needs to turn the other cheek for a generation or two. Then, if you still have a problem (like the Moroccans in the Netherlands, for example) come down hard.

I'm not suggesting completely ignoring the problem for 20/30 years either btw.

174444[/snapback]

You see plenty of English wearing Ireland top too (ok, so most of them are playing for us :lol:). I wouldn't be too worried about it at the moment, this shite is going to be sensationalised. And you have to accept that when people are looking for someone to blame British history and current political position is going to make them an easy target. To some extent the West needs to turn the other cheek for a generation or two. Then, if you still have a problem (like the Moroccans in the Netherlands, for example) come down hard.

I'm not suggesting completely ignoring the problem for 20/30 years either btw.

174450[/snapback]

I can see the reasons behind it mate, I just find it a bit sad, that's all. More importantly though, we stuffed them ;)

174337[/snapback]

174339[/snapback]

174343[/snapback]

One of the oldest dodges in airline flying - the crew "lose" about 5% of the headsets on each flight - these are then re-sold to the self loading cargo on the next flight and the $$$$$$ are a usefull little earner for the trolly dollies :razz::):)