A-Level results tomorrow

Mark

Not to heave the pressure on, but if you don't get straight A's these days, you're tantamount to 'learning disabled'.  :D

14257[/snapback]

I think mine would nowadays be classed as 'ah bless, they let a Year 7 sit them this year.'

If it's anything like my results day, you'll turn up at 10:45am, open the results and breath a short sigh of relief that it wasn't as bad as youy thought it would be..then go to the pub round the corner to get away from the lasses crying.

14246[/snapback]

and if its anything like mine, you'll turn up at 10.45am, open the results and think "Feck! I forgot to go to the exams!"

I know Uni would be the right thing to do (I can't see myself doing anything else)

14101[/snapback]

I thought the same, feel very differently now though, without having gone to uni. I remember posting in a thread like this 2 years ago, I never though I'd be in this position now. :D

Well I got 2 Cs and a D so am into Bristol Uni for sure.. As it was my second choice I've got to make some calls and organise accomodation etc..

My dad's well pleased but it hasn't sunk in with me yet! Anyways I'm happy I got a C in economics and a D in IT considering at AS level (doss year) I didn't put the effort in and came out with a D and an E

AS results were....

C in English Literature, C in Citizenship (Doesn't count! Booo!), D in English Language, D in Media and an E in Psychology

Pretty much what I was expecting to be honest, even a little better. I was expecting a U in Psychology. I'll resit one of my English units in January since that what dragged my grade down to a D.

As I did expect though it isn't good enough for my Mam. If she doesn't see A* after A* she isn't happy.

Edited by Skol

C in Physics

D in Maths

C in Business

D in Media

U in Citizenship

I should come out with an A in Physics C in Maths and a B in Business.

Not gutted, not chuffed.

14557[/snapback]

What's all that about then? How to be a worthy member of society or something? :blink:

C in Physics

D in Maths

C in Business

D in Media

U in Citizenship

Not gutted, not chuffed.

14557[/snapback]

What's all that about then? How to be a worthy member of society or something? :blink:

14570[/snapback]

Fuck knows, my predicted grade was an A.

Its basically a cross between politics and sociology, its fucking shit. I did areet on my January exam, getting a C, and it was piss easy. So i just fucked about on the other 2 exams that brought me down to a U.

I didn't pick it, I had to. It's like RE at school. SHITE

me sister passed all her's and got what she needed, which is good as now i don't have to put up with her being a moody cow, or at least for today

C in Physics

D in Maths

C in Business

D in Media

U in Citizenship

Not gutted, not chuffed.

14557[/snapback]

14570[/snapback]

Fuck knows, my predicted grade was an A.

Its basically a cross between politics and sociology, its fucking shit. I did areet on my January exam, getting a C, and it was piss easy. So i just fucked about on the other 2 exams that brought me down to a U.

I didn't pick it, I had to. It's like RE at school. SHITE

14584[/snapback]

We had to do General Studies, sounds like a similar bag of wank. I didnae bother turning up for the exam

Whey hey! Just found out I added up my Psychology results wrong and I actually got a D

14764[/snapback]

Good job it wasn't maths! :blink:

14765[/snapback]

You actually wont believe how bad I am at maths. I only know the 1, 2, 5 and 10 times tables ;)

Looks like the Ucas site is suspended at the moment.. That's handy!

I'm in two minds whether failing would be a bad thing.. I'm not 100% sure whether I want to go to Uni... Win Win Situation I spose

14093[/snapback]

I felt the same last year after I did my HEFCs (A-Level equivalents for mature students).

It was like unchartered territory and I kept thinking do I want to do this.

I felt like that at Freshers week and the first couple of weeks of lectures, but then once everything is sorted out and has settled down and you know people and you're way around the campus and things and you're into your routine, everything becomes normal and you feel comfortable and you realise that it's great.

I'm looking forward to starting back so much. It's still a month off, but it can't come soon enough.

Well I had a top day yesterday pulling an A and 2 Bs out of the bag and got myself into Durham.  Football is going to be so close to me now instead of 3 and a half hours away, absoloute result.

15123[/snapback]

Well done mate. Bit swotty though. :blink:

"A: Eng Lang, Classics, Maths"

What the hell will you do with that lot?

A: Eng Lang, Classics, Maths

B: Eng Lit, Biology, Chemestry,

CHEMESTRY with an A in English Language??????????????????

No wonder they say standards are sliding over a cliff............................. :D:D:icon_lol:

Edited by Rob W