The Fish's Sales Thread

Gemmill

you get one from a small firm and you're paying over the top for a shit product. Fact.

so Renton baby, is your set of windows and doors up to Fensa Standard?

How many BSI Kite marks does the product have?

is the company registered with the GGF?

you're talking shite about windows mate, I'm not saying this is a cheap product, never have, what I am saying is that: You Buy Cheap, You Buy Twice.

A window that doesn't open, isn't stained and measures 500mm by 500mm from Weatherseal will cost £523 before any discounts. But it is a top spec window, it may (in your opinion) be too exspensive for your average Joe and that's fine, but the people buying these windows recognise the window is worth the price.

these "small established" firms are bullshit as well. 85% of them don't last 5years, (surprisingly enough the length of their guarantee) then they fold and begin trading under a new name. They fit substandard windows at a price that is cheaper than ours, Everest and Weru, but still vastly overpriced for their product.

I'm not trying to sell you lot windows because you probably don't need them, can't afford them and most importantly don't want them...

oh and the Salesman doesn't get half the price of windows in his "skyrocket" he gets at best 20% and is pretty much fucked if he doesn't make a sale.

I tell you honestly, a real concern of mine is the current company policy of requiring a signature at the time of the appointment, we are told not to leave until we've a definite Yes or No. I don't see why we can't go back the next day after they've been able to get a couple of quotes and/or read through the contract at their leisure.

188607[/snapback]

Have you got your Weatherseal underpants on, company man? :unsure: I think it's great that you REALLY believe in your product, you gimp! :rolleyes:

not a sales pitch, just truth.

if you could afford a good pc, you wouldn't buy a cheap one.

alex you may have been fortunate and discovered the only small glazing company with the same standard product as Everest... but I fucking doubt it.

Look, I know salesmen are twats, I have to work with people who get a real buzz from this job and are worryingly mercenary, people who listen to "self help" tapes and murmur mantras to themselves as they get ready to go make a sale. I'm here doing this job because it could be good money for little effort.

and I know it's fun and easy to take the piss, but it's only a job and I frankly don't think the majority of people need this standard of window. I do agree that in life, in general, you get what you pay for. Go into things with your eyes open and a degree of caution and you can stop yourself being taken for a ride.

I wonder if he's been told to use the You Buy Cheap, You Buy Twice line on the customers.  Probably got it on his business card tbh.  Tattooed across his lower back.

188619[/snapback]

That whole lot has obviously come straight out of his re-education. I'll be interested to hear his thoughts in 6-12 months.

Jesus wept, Fish, I've never sold one of my own companies that hard. Use it in meetings, but leave the twat hat at the door!

:unsure: He does believe it!

How the fuck would you know the history of every small business that fits windows Fish along with the quality of the window they fit? You've totally bought the patter man! Btw, I reckon a bloke who's been a builder for years would know more about the quality of a window fitted in my house than someone who's been a double glazing salesman for a fortnight who's never even seen the window.

not a sales pitch, just truth.

if you could afford a good pc, you wouldn't buy a cheap one.

alex you may have been fortunate and discovered the only small glazing company with the same standard product as Everest... but I fucking doubt it.

Look, I know salesmen are twats, I have to work with people who get a real buzz from this job and are worryingly mercenary, people who listen to "self help" tapes and murmur mantras to themselves as they get ready to go make a sale. I'm here doing this job because it could be good money for little effort.

and I know it's fun and easy to take the piss, but it's only a job and I frankly don't think the majority of people need this standard of window. I do agree that in life, in general, you get what you pay for. Go into things with your eyes open and a degree of caution and you can stop yourself being taken for a ride.

188622[/snapback]

Seriously, think about it. Where have you got your information from? How could you possibly know what you're talking about after a couple of weeks?

You're not in a position to mock sales people right now, you sound like you're straight out of Hollywood Sales Academy.

look, for the love of god, I know that I've been "sold to" but I've seen the product and I've seen competitors products and the window we use is better.

is it worth the price? I honestly couldn't say.... it's expensive, but when you stand it against more expensive windows it has the same things (locking mechanisms, safety features etc.) for less money.

Is it akin to having a £100 bucket for washing your car? Probably. But at the end of the day it's a good window.

p.s. I always sounded like this, it's not just windows man. :unsure:

look, for the love of god, I know that I've been "sold to" but I've seen the product and I've seen competitors products and the window we use is better.

188643[/snapback]

Stoppit man, please! :unsure:

I decided to invest some of my late wife's savings in a major refurbishment of Groves Dyke Holiday Cottage, which she had managed for the previous 10 years or more. This refurbishment included replacing seven windows with new double glazed picture windows to improve the magnificent views of the garden, the Esk Valley and the moorland beyond - all of which Anthea loved.

I wanted to invest her savings wisely and thought this would be an appropriate and fitting tribute. I wanted to fit the best, so decided to pay the extra for Everest's convincing reputation, safe in the knowledge that I would not fall foul of any double glazing cowboys.

Little did I know that I was in for an extra 4 years of grief...  Read on, if you dare...:unsure:

they've stupid names for the different type of "close" they use on a sale.

the Bioss used a line I heard Jonathon Woodgate use when he asked if Newcastles back four had potential "Practise doesn't make perfect, Practise makes permanent"

I get a text message from him before every pitch "See the Sale. Gung Ho!"

he's a twat

Having had a recent experience with Weatherseal there is no way the words 'integrity' and 'professional' should be used to describe them - thankfully I'm just talking about their sales technique - I wasn't stupid enought to go with the quote and on reading this site I am glad.

I had a chap in for 3 hours as I am looking for a conservatory. Pleasant enough and gave me a run through of the comapny's history. An hour later he finally got round to showing me samples.

Now the sample window was quite good and eventually I was given a price - a ridiculous price in my book. When my wife and I said "thanks but too expensive" the astonished salesperson wished to know why (as I had ageed with him that it was a good product).

I told him why.

1) I was given a quote by another reputable company which was £7, 000 less.

2) A family member had a conservatory fitted by this reputable company which was bigger than the one I was quoted for with a more complicated roof design ( I was only wanting 'lean to'.

3) On the other quote, ALL windows opened at the top. On this quote only 2 opened as standard - It would be £160 for each additional one.

4) On the other quote there was 3 plug sockets, 2 wall lights and a TV ariel socket. On this there was 1 light and 1 double socket as standard - the rest would be extra.

I thought that these were good reasons to be going on with however he then said "OK, what if I can give you a better price - but you'd have to sign for it tonight"

At this point my blood boiled as this guys pitch was straight from Watchdog.

I told him I didn't want another price and it was time to go.

He phoned his boss, the sales manager who wished to speak to me (suprise, suprise). The sales manager seemed to be quite upset that I didn't want to know his 'salesman's' second price.

I advised him that I didn't go in for all this "wait till I phone my boss to see if I could get a better price" nonsense. I also pointed out that, whilst the sales guy was pleasant enough (but not very good, truth be told - i.e.at no point did he ever ask the type of roof I was wanting - glass, polycarbonate etc....) he had been in for 3 hours which was ridiculous. The conversation then went like this:

Sales Manager:"if I give you an offer you can't refuse will you sign up for it tonight?"

Me: "No"

SM "Why not"

Me "It's just the way I am. I would like a short period to think about any offer"

SM "What if I said 5 grand?"

Me "Nope, I'd still want to think about it"

SM "Is that because you are stupid?"

At this point I thanked him for his professionalism and bid him goodbye.

So there you have it. In a nutshell, a company who get stroppy if they don't get a sale out of you.

My sister also swears that they were on Watchdog due to their high pressure sales technique but the salesman was not aware of this - wouldn't surprise me though!

The company's product seems to be good, however, a common thread seems to be the 'sales technique' and going by the shpeel I got from the salesman and the pathetic attitude of the Sales Manager, If you really wish to get Weatherseal out for a quote, I would be giving them a time limit of one hour maximum 'cos that's all it should take.

:unsure:

Jesus wept!

GF, for your info I got my windows about 3 years ago from a small local company from friends' recommendations. I called them round, they gave a quote with no room for negotiation, and no sales pitch, and I accepted it.

Prior to this I had asked a big company for a quote only; they promised no sales pitch. Surprise surprise, when they came, they said I could get 20% off only if I signed then and there. I told him to fuck off as I wasn't getting pressurised into signing anything the same day.

No regrets so far, and I have a 10 year guarantee, should I need it - mind my friends windows look fine after 15 I have to say. The windows were independently inspected soon afterwards and are fine, and have all the relevant kite marks which I understand is a legal requirement.

The most laughable thing about the big company btw was the finance scheme - that was the most outragious rip off going and anyone who uses that needs their head examined. I bet that's where you get most your commission from, isn't it?

My advice is get a personal loan and avoid these rip off merchants like the plague.

they've stupid names for the different type of "close" they use on a sale.

the Bioss used a line I heard Jonathon Woodgate use when he asked if Newcastles back four had potential "Practise doesn't make perfect, Practise makes permanent"

I get a text message from him before every pitch "See the Sale. Gung Ho!"

he's a twat

188656[/snapback]

The patter you've come out with in this thread is as bad as that tbh. You can't even see it either, it would seem.

Im a retired joiner and do some little jobs in my spare time. The reason that im leaving a comment about weatherseal is because ive repaired some of the shambles caused by weatherseal employees. So im leaving tips for others to try. If you have wind howling in the inside of the windows (Trade name INGOES) then if you take them off (UPVC INGOES - the bit that goes all around the inside of the windoes)You will notice that there is a gap where they have cut away to install the new windows but have not filled them in. You should be able to put glass wool then a strip of gyproch. This will stop the wind howling in. If you dont the howling will get worse in the windy nights and it will also cause a cold spot around the window, so when you have your central heating on your room will be colder because the heat travels by convection and cools down when it hits the cold spot around the window. If you have got french doors fitted then look at the bottom where there are screws. There should also be a rain water channel where the rain escapes. If the screws are in the same line as the water channel then they have been incorrectly fitted and you will be entitled to a new unit as they are now faulty. Basically they affect the function of the doors. Check also at the bottom of each door and push , the chances are that the door will move by 20mm. So if someone wants to break into your home then he has a good start. Also check the fusion welds on each corner of the windows and doors. If the are split then you should get a new unit. Check their website for their specification on fusion welds. I could go on and on about this company. I thought that this was down to a bad installation squad but after reading all the comments on here im not so sure. They should give these guys a trade test like in the good old days. Saying that their product isnt upto much either. Take it from me dont let Weatherseal fit any of your windows or doors. Im surprised they dont turn up on horses!

:unsure:

OH DEAR!