Kuyt flyer

Scottish Mag

I really don't know if this has been posted before but someone hoyed it on another board I visit.

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has delivered a snub to Liverpool, declaring he’d prefer a move to Newcastle United.

“I know quite a bit about Newcastle, they’re one of the best supported teams in the Premier League and a typical English club,” Kuyt is quoted as saying.

“I would consider a move to Liverpool - they’re likely to progress to the Champions League group stages. I would love to play in that competition but my first choice is Newcastle.”

And the Dutchman suggested the adoration he would receive at St James’s Park had tilted him in that direction.

“I’ve always wanted to be a hero,” he admitted.

“I know Feyenoord are asking a massive fee and I don’t know if Newcastle are willing to match that.”

Sorry but I don't know where it was taken from.

178163[/snapback]

I'm sure it's on here somewhere and has been declared false I believe.

Apart from good wages, one thing in our favour for any striker is the knowledge that if fit - you play. Going to Liverpool would just mean being one of three or four strikers.

Who knows what the heck is going on, but I hope Roeder says something positive in half an hour on the Beeb.

I really admire those people (or their medication) who are still optimistic about our striker search. For me it has been totally shambles. A striker should have been signed in June and not at the end of August (if at all). We expressed our interest in Kuijt as early as April. That we are still scouting him in absolutely meaningless friendlies shows to me that plans A to K seem to have failed.

I really admire those people (or their medication) who are still optimistic about our striker search. For me it has been totally shambles. A striker should have been signed in June and not at the end of August (if at all). We expressed our interest in Kuijt as early as April. That we are still scouting him in absolutely meaningless friendlies shows to me that plans A to K seem to have failed.

178212[/snapback]

Didnt the same thing happen last year? Luque and Owen. I havent given up hope.

178212[/snapback]

178213[/snapback]

Yep, and we got hold to ransom in both deals...

178212[/snapback]

178213[/snapback]

Owen who's quality wasn't in question and didn't need to be scouted and Luque who has been a spectacular flop.

That wasnt your point though  :lol:

178224[/snapback]

Well, I think it is part of my point. We are at a stage where clubs come more and more reluctant to sell their better players as they won't have time to find replacements. Our position will get worse every day we don't have signed a striker. And I don't think we can pay every price this summer because we chose to pay way over the top for two players due to desperation.

So it is the same scenario again but with even worse premises.

Roeder and Shepherd have had the best part of three months and they have failed to bring in a striker. The fact that Roeder still hasn't made his mind up over Kuyt and feels he needs to see him in yet another meaningless friendly is ludicrous.

Edited by Bombadil

I really don't know if this has been posted before but someone hoyed it on another board I visit.

Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt has delivered a snub to Liverpool, declaring he’d prefer a move to Newcastle United.

“I know quite a bit about Newcastle, they’re one of the best supported teams in the Premier League and a typical English club,” Kuyt is quoted as saying.

“I would consider a move to Liverpool - they’re likely to progress to the Champions League group stages. I would love to play in that competition but my first choice is Newcastle.”

And the Dutchman suggested the adoration he would receive at St James’s Park had tilted him in that direction.

“I’ve always wanted to be a hero,” he admitted.

“I know Feyenoord are asking a massive fee and I don’t know if Newcastle are willing to match that.”

Sorry but I don't know where it was taken from.

178163[/snapback]

I'm sure it's on here somewhere and has been declared false I believe.

Apart from good wages, one thing in our favour for any striker is the knowledge that if fit - you play. Going to Liverpool would just mean being one of three or four strikers.

Who knows what the heck is going on, but I hope Roeder says something positive in half an hour on the Beeb.

178179[/snapback]

Which could mean said striker will no he doesn't have to exert himself in order to earn his wage, as NUFC have no other option but to play him.

What a fucking situation we've found ourselves in. Fucking shambles.