The Official Positive Outlook Thread

curry stained pilchard

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick look on .com has cheered my up no end - There are a lot of players out of contract next summer and that includes Nobby, Harper, O'Brien, Bramble and Moore. And N'Zogbia is still tbc. Oh happy day!

A quick look on .com has cheered my up no end - There are a lot of players out of contract next summer and that includes Nobby, Harper, O'Brien, Bramble and Moore. And N'Zogbia is still tbc. Oh happy day!

190480[/snapback]

Apart from Zoggy, I wouldn't be fussed if any of them left. How come Bramble was given a pay rise without us extending the contract btw?

Apart from Zoggy, I wouldn't be fussed if any of them left. How come Bramble was given a pay rise without us extending the contract btw?

190485[/snapback]

True, if we split the work load, it's only 13 players in per transfer window until next season.

190480[/snapback]

190485[/snapback]

Trouble is, how thin are we on the ground now? How many players are we going to have to sign between now and them. I could see a few leaving.

Both Nobby and Moore have indicated before that they would only be here for one more season, I think they will both return to Peru/Australia. I guess Bramble will probably get a new contract.

190493[/snapback]

Why all the complaints that he got a new contract, if he didn't actually get one?

Surely we didn't just give him more cash on the same length of contract?

Both Nobby and Moore have indicated before that they would only be here for one more season, I think they will both return to Peru/Australia. I guess Bramble will probably get a new contract.

190493[/snapback]

Why all the complaints that he got a new contract, if he didn't actually get one?

190497[/snapback]

Perhaps they're still in talks over a new contract?

190493[/snapback]

190497[/snapback]

Perhaps they're still in talks over a new contract?

190503[/snapback]

Too busy watching Kuyt over the last few months I would guess.

Never again will I make the mistake of having any optimism in relation to NUFC under Shepherd.  That's it.  Unless we get bought out it's pessimism fitted as standard with me from now on.

190409[/snapback]

Renton?

190411[/snapback]

Was right to be pessimistic all along? :nufc:

I'm beyond pessimism and in a stage of total apathy.

The most positive thing I can come up with is going to the match is still better than shopping or DIY.

Never again will I make the mistake of having any optimism in relation to NUFC under Shepherd.  That's it.  Unless we get bought out it's pessimism fitted as standard with me from now on.

190409[/snapback]

Renton?

190411[/snapback]

Was right to be pessimistic all along? :nufc:

I'm beyond pessimism and in a stage of total apathy.

The most positive thing I can come up with is going to the match is still better than shopping or DIY.

190508[/snapback]

Well match gets in the way of a good session these days. Seriously.

Agree with Gemmill

I have backed managers, players and even this arsehole until they have had enough time not to warrant it.

Shepherd has screwed up once too oftn and the lame excuse that he is Bob Murray or Doug Ellis is utter garbage. His last 3 major decisions have been appalling - Bob's one year left comment, Souness and then Roeder.

Hope the fucker sells up. Why would he leave the land of milk and honey though? He is getting worse than I ever imagined he could.

Edited by gram

K Dyer hamstring 9th Sep 06

YOU GOTTA BE SHITTING ME!!!!

190472[/snapback]

He's been about 10 days away from fit for about 3 months now according to that site...

He's been about 10 days away from fit for about 3 months now according to that site...

190516[/snapback]

That's been his comeback date on physioroom.com for quite a while, could be well over a month but my memory's shite.

190472[/snapback]

190516[/snapback]

Know a kid with a similar hamstring problem (he is a youth team player and this is the only thing I know anything about so please dont throw the ITK thing at me!) and he has been into their club - not ours - 3 or 4 days a week in his own time apparently for extra treatment so it appears he is working on it. Needs to as well.

He adds a lot to us as a team.

That should get a few backs up :nufc:

190472[/snapback]

190516[/snapback]

Know a kid with a similar hamstring problem (he is a youth team player and this is the only thing I know anything about so please dont throw the ITK thing at me!) and he has been into their club - not ours - 3 or 4 days a week in his own time apparently for extra treatment so it appears he is working on it. Needs to as well.

That should get a few backs up :nufc:

190530[/snapback]

That's debatable.

190472[/snapback]

190516[/snapback]

That should get a few backs up <_<

190530[/snapback]

That's debatable.

190543[/snapback]

Just had to throw the tiniest tidbit and in they come.... :nufc:

Top quality player Renton and will make an enormous difference when back. We have nobody to do what he does off the ball and Solano as much as anyone benefits from that. Kid has the pace and energy as well as the ability to carry the ball. If he is doing that then we need to understand that he is creating space.

How we utilise that is up to the manager but Bobby did it very well.

It is amusing how much vitriol he stirs up though.

Reading N-O makes this place seem positive. CaliMag's opening post in his 'A New Low' thread is cracking :nufc:

Really?

So having a disappointing transfer window is a new low. Signing Duff, Martins, Rossi and Sibierski is a new low for this club?

Where were you when...

We lost out to the makems in the playoffs?

We were staring at the old division three?

Alan Shearer fucked his ankle and Sir Les told the Board to fuck off after we sold him?

We lost Waddle, Beardo and Gazza to "bigger" clubs?

We lost to the makems in the rain at home with Alan on the bench looking a shadow of himself with us sitting at 19th on the table?

We bought no one in the summer of 2003?

Get a grip and get some perspective.

Dunno about the rest of you, but I was there for points 1-4 and would have been for 5 & 6 had I not been down this end of the country.

Totally pointless fucking post mind you...