Am I the leader? I've been married

bobbyshinton

Been engaged for 7 years, can't see the point of marriage, with 3 kids, a mortgage and further debt, a wedding seems superfluous to me !

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been engaged for 7 years, can't see the point of marriage, with 3 kids, a mortgage and further debt, a wedding seems superfluous to me !

195459[/snapback]

In that case, what's the point of being engaged? :razz:

195459[/snapback]

195462[/snapback]

Good point !

But that was before the kids and the debt, so a small token of commitment seemed warranted.

195459[/snapback]

195462[/snapback]

Good point !

But that was before the kids and the debt, so a small token of commitment seemed warranted.

195464[/snapback]

Exactly. Blatantly buying yourself time. :drinks:

Good point !

195464[/snapback]

Call off the engagement, hock the ring, she'll appreciate the practicality. :razz:

195459[/snapback]

195462[/snapback]

Good point !

195464[/snapback]

195465[/snapback]

100% :drinks:

took me 6 years to realise she was 'the one' (bit slow on the uptake like), married for a further 6 years and then lost her to fuckin skin cancer.  life's not particularly fair tbh.

194969[/snapback]

Thats shocking for you, life really sucks sometimes. Hope you find happiness again.

195459[/snapback]

195462[/snapback]

Good point !

195464[/snapback]

195465[/snapback]

100% :drinks:

195467[/snapback]

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 8 2006, 02:36 PM)

Been engaged for 7 years, can't see the point of marriage, with 3 kids, a mortgage and further debt,

that worked a treat then

Nine years (relationship not marriage). To say I'd have done anything for her is understating the point. I realise that makes me sound like a right sad bastard but there you go.... :razz:

194957[/snapback]

No it doesnt, it makes you sound like a perfectly normal guy who was deeply in love! Nowt wrong with that.