Purely a rumour but....

peasepud

sibierski - great planning

rossi - great planning

no new centre half - great planning

duff was a good buy, but it was hardly a problem position. we bought him because he became available at a good price.

good planning would have been to buy campbell and not to wait until the last week of the window to go for huth and woodgate and then panic buying the likes of siberski, rossi and bernard. that for me is BAD planning.

SHEPHERD OUT

you don't see it do you ? You can't accept the need for one or two short term stop gap players in the real world.

You're so thick, you expect the board to find 50m quid every summer, buy half a team every year....yet you think they are shite ........

;)

Lost irony or what. Priceless.

thick? that's rich coming from the man who defends the chairman's actions this summer.

SHEPHERD OUT

As I've said before, blokes like you will moan on like fuckwit manu fans do, regardless of what the club do. I never thought I would see the day NUFC fans whinged on like manu fans. Which is a sign of raised expectations - but you are too thick to see it or understand it.

You are also too thick to understand that if you think in the real world our board is shit, then you wouldn't know one if they slapped you in the face with a wet fish.

You could - maybe - slightly raise my opinion of your attitudes if you commented like an adult on what you seriously think the club were able to do this summer, how much money you think they had, and how they should have alternatively spent it, instead of forever bleating on about how you - hugely ironcally and stupidly - expect a shite board to spend a shitload of money every summer that isn't there.

you're starting to get really fucking boring now. we've had this debate about a thousand times before and i'm far too busy at work today to get into another one.

at the end of the day day leazes, you are in a minority of one on this board when it comes to your unwavering defence of shepherd. are we all thick fuckwit man u clones on this board? or has your argument died on its arse and you are too proud or stupid to admit you were wrong?

SHEPHERD OUT

Shame, but I think you are boring. I also don't give a shit if I am in a minority of one on this board, because I think I am right. Since when does not agreeing with a few dozen or so people on a message board make you wrong :blush:

Now THAT conclusion of yours, shows EXACTLY how thick and naive you are.

I would suggest that if you have an adopted postion and find that many people you discuss it with (by whatever means) state that you're wrong. Does that not tend to make you feel that you are in error somewhere along the line and lead you to adjust said position.??????????

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sibierski - great planning

rossi - great planning

no new centre half - great planning

duff was a good buy, but it was hardly a problem position. we bought him because he became available at a good price.

good planning would have been to buy campbell and not to wait until the last week of the window to go for huth and woodgate and then panic buying the likes of siberski, rossi and bernard. that for me is BAD planning.

SHEPHERD OUT

you don't see it do you ? You can't accept the need for one or two short term stop gap players in the real world.

You're so thick, you expect the board to find 50m quid every summer, buy half a team every year....yet you think they are shite ........

;)

Lost irony or what. Priceless.

thick? that's rich coming from the man who defends the chairman's actions this summer.

SHEPHERD OUT

As I've said before, blokes like you will moan on like fuckwit manu fans do, regardless of what the club do. I never thought I would see the day NUFC fans whinged on like manu fans. Which is a sign of raised expectations - but you are too thick to see it or understand it.

You are also too thick to understand that if you think in the real world our board is shit, then you wouldn't know one if they slapped you in the face with a wet fish.

You could - maybe - slightly raise my opinion of your attitudes if you commented like an adult on what you seriously think the club were able to do this summer, how much money you think they had, and how they should have alternatively spent it, instead of forever bleating on about how you - hugely ironcally and stupidly - expect a shite board to spend a shitload of money every summer that isn't there.

I've (along with MANY others) stated the argument way too many times, and you don't come up with ANY from of cogent rebutal, it's now a "yes they are, no they're not" argument and as such is a waste of time.

30 years ago or today, little difference in prospects or chances squandered, BECAUSE of miss-management.

30 years ago there never was the opportunity for the board to waste millions, today the fact that the current incumbents have, is criminal (which may soon prove to be more than metaphoric given current news stories)

You are completely wrong. 30 years ago we finished 5th in the table under Gordon Lee.

Fact.

What happened to THAT opportunity ?

What also happened to the opportunity when we were promoted with Beardsley, Gazza and Waddle coming though ?

And what happened to the opportunity to build on the Fairs Cup win ?

You want to talk facts, well those are FACTS. Compare the situations and tell me who has attempted to capitalise and who didn't.

While you are at it, you can also explain why clubs like Forest, Villa, Derby, Man City, haven't continued to win European Trophies and the league title and so wasted opportunities - while we have overtaken them all ?

You can also explain how clubs such as Oxford, Luton, Wimbledon, Leicester, Southampton, Ipswich, Norwich, QPR, Coventry, West Brom, Stoke....have ALL been above us for significant periods and won a domestic trophy since we did. That is a lot of clubs we have overtaken since 1992. And that is a FACT.

Now, failure to answer to ALL of these FACTS with factual answers that prove otherwise, will be taken by me as nothing other than an admission that I am right. Because in actual fact, rather than saying that no person on this board agrees with me, I can say that not one single person on this board can put up FACTS that prove what I say here is incorrect. I am not wrong, because I am stating facts. If you wish to ignore them, that is your problem.

How come you don't go on like this when people slag Shepherd on your message board then Leazes?

Feel free

All I meant was, you debate more on there and behave like a self-parody on here. I know you have misgivings about Fred, just like I know he isn't the anti-Christ ;)

Just been talking to a mate who has a friend that bumped into (literally) Solano on Saturday night, they got talking and he asked why he wasnt playing on Saturday to which Nobby ranted for ten minutes about Roeder and how he hasnt got a clue what hes doing, crux of the matter is (allegedly) that the foreign players are being blamed by Roeder and Fat Fred for everything that goes wrong and seemingly there are 5 of them with transfer requests in.

Nobby, Charlie, Luque, Emre & Babba.

Like I say, not sure at all on the source and only time will tell if thats true but it seems plausible and a worrying thought which sadly, fits in with Freddys vision for a Geordie (or at least English) team.

back to the main thread, if the foreign players are getting blamed by glen and fred for things going wrong at the club, why buy another 2 martins and sibierski. why does bramble not want a transfer instead. everything is plausible at newcastle, but the club is going through a veil of secrecy at the moment, something is not quite right when tommy craig walks out on us. its all going to come out in the wash shortly, we can only keep the rumours going and going and going.

[blah=LeazesMag]

I've (along with MANY others) stated the argument way too many times, and you don't come up with ANY from of cogent rebutal, it's now a "yes they are, no they're not" argument and as such is a waste of time.

30 years ago or today, little difference in prospects or chances squandered, BECAUSE of miss-management.

30 years ago there never was the opportunity for the board to waste millions, today the fact that the current incumbents have, is criminal (which may soon prove to be more than metaphoric given current news stories)

You are completely wrong. 30 years ago we finished 5th in the table under Gordon Lee.

Fact.

What also happened to the opportunity when we were promoted with Beardsley, Gazza and Waddle coming though ?

You want to talk facts, well those are FACTS. Compare the situations and tell me who has attempted to capitalise and who didn't.

While you are at it, you can also explain why clubs like Forest, Villa, Derby, Man City, haven't continued to win European Trophies and the league title and so wasted opportunities - while we have overtaken them all ?

You can also explain how clubs such as Oxford, Luton, Wimbledon, Leicester, Southampton, Ipswich, Norwich, QPR, Coventry, West Brom, Stoke....have ALL been above us for significant periods and won a domestic trophy since we did. That is a lot of clubs we have overtaken since 1992. And that is a FACT.

Now, failure to answer to ALL of these FACTS with factual answers that prove otherwise, will be taken by me as nothing other than an admission that I am right. Because in actual fact, rather than saying that no person on this board agrees with me, I can say that not one single person on this board can put up FACTS that prove what I say here is incorrect. I am not wrong, because I am stating facts. If you wish to ignore them, that is your problem.

[/blah]

Sorry mate but I had to try that out (nothing personal) ;)

Ok then, you are factually correct about the likes of Stoke, Forest, Derby, Stoke etc however as has been mentioned many, many times before we did make moves in the right direction when Hall took over and made this club into what it was in the 90's. Since Shepherd had the helm though we have been on a decline and other clubs have taken over us (probably to do the same thing as us, be there for a couple of years then drop off). We class ourselves in the same level as ManUre, Chelsea, Arse and Pool but tbh we're not we are mid table mediocrity. The only person to blame for that is Shepherd, he appoints the managers, he sacks managers at the wrong time and yes, he gives the money out when its needed but the problem is he's giving it to the wrong manager.

How about Wigan, Portsmouth, Bolton? etc, all of these are making better progress than we are, christ the Smogs were nearly bankrupt in the 80's now look at them, ahead of us when it comes to attracting players.

Keep going as we are and the inevitable will happen, the scum down the road will do us as well. :blush:

[blah=LeazesMag]

Fact.

[/blah]

Sorry mate but I had to try that out (nothing personal) ;)

Ok then, you are factually correct about the likes of Stoke, Forest, Derby, Stoke etc however as has been mentioned many, many times before we did make moves in the right direction when Hall took over and made this club into what it was in the 90's. Since Shepherd had the helm though we have been on a decline and other clubs have taken over us (probably to do the same thing as us, be there for a couple of years then drop off). We class ourselves in the same level as ManUre, Chelsea, Arse and Pool but tbh we're not we are mid table mediocrity. The only person to blame for that is Shepherd, he appoints the managers, he sacks managers at the wrong time and yes, he gives the money out when its needed but the problem is he's giving it to the wrong manager.

How about Wigan, Portsmouth, Bolton? etc, all of these are making better progress than we are, christ the Smogs were nearly bankrupt in the 80's now look at them, ahead of us when it comes to attracting players.

Keep going as we are and the inevitable will happen, the scum down the road will do us as well. :blush:

It depends what you mean by "decline". Do you mean we should still be where we were when Keegan was manager ? If you do, then that is unrealistic, and precisely why I state all the examples of other clubs.

The key is recognising the difference between the board and the manager. It is an absolute fact that we have not appointed as good a manager as Keegan for the club. This is why we are not 2nd in the league anymore. So far as the board are concerned, my point is that all the managers who have been appointed by the board since have all been backed to the hilt, just like Keegan. If they are unable to take advantage of this, then it means they aren't as good as Keegan, but from the business end of the boards management they are running the club just as well. In fact, off the field, in a business sense, we have made big and good improvements ie the training ground and stadium expansion, both major developments and both developments that weren't undertaken by the shit board, when we really did have one.

Expecting NUFC to be 2nd forever - then saying we are in decline because we aren't - is like saying Manu are in decline since they won the European Cup, and Arsenal since they last won the league. They are still challenging on merit [but have fallen behind Chelsea] and while I also wish we were still 2nd or 1st in the league and had won some cups, you don't qualify for europe regularly for a decade like we have done for any other reason than on merit.

If we appointed a manager like Keegan again, we would do just as well, because they have backed them all the same. And 2 - or 3 - of them were welcomed AT THE TIME as being statements of intent and generally saw as managers who could have matched or bettered Keegan.

The fact that the club has not appointed as good a manager as Keegan ? Well, earlier in this thread I have said there comes a point that too many wrong appointments, and any board is held to account. And yes it may be that the time is getting close, but they have been a good board for the club, we are a vastly different club to the one we were before they came, and it is down to them and to their credit, for raising the profile, expectation and competing, none of which were there before.

As for Shepherd ? Well, I think he is his own worst enemy, because he opens his gob and spouts a load of unnecessary shit it detracts from good things he does. If he wants to survive he should start by shutting up and letting the team do the talking, at least if the team flops he hasn't made himself look foolish and he should have learned by now. Personally, I don't give a toss but it is obvious that a lot of people do.

Leazes, have you felt this disheartened with us since 1992? Ossie was bad enough but we were used to it. We didnt mind going down as much in the old days. Now we expect a lot better.

It just reminds me of the McFaul days when we had a decent season (finished 8th) and then Gazza went, he spent money on the wrong players and you know the rest....

Is it as bad as I think it is? Usually I am optimistic but I dont even bother looking at the chron. I cant get to a game cos of work this month and I rarely miss any game. Never thought I would say this but I am not missing it at all.

Pissed off with them. Really am. Its been coming for a long time. One fuck up to the next with some good moments in between.

Agree that we need to make sure any succssor to Fred is better than him (and we know what McKeag, Seymour, etc were like as well as Murray and Ellis) but can we settle for what we are getting? More to management than throwing money at managers and the fat fucker thinks he is doing us a favour by employing idiots then giving them fortunes.

It isnt management in my book.

Leazes, have you felt this disheartened with us since 1992? Ossie was bad enough but we were used to it. We didnt mind going down as much in the old days. Now we expect a lot better.

It just reminds me of the McFaul days when we had a decent season (finished 8th) and then Gazza went, he spent money on the wrong players and you know the rest....

Is it as bad as I think it is? Usually I am optimistic but I dont even bother looking at the chron. I cant get to a game cos of work this month and I rarely miss any game. Never thought I would say this but I am not missing it at all.

Pissed off with them. Really am. Its been coming for a long time. One fuck up to the next with some good moments in between.

Agree that we need to make sure any succssor to Fred is better than him (and we know what McKeag, Seymour, etc were like as well as Murray and Ellis) but can we settle for what we are getting? More to management than throwing money at managers and the fat fucker thinks he is doing us a favour by employing idiots then giving them fortunes.

I am pissed off with them. I have been pissed off for most of the last 2 years, only the 2nd half of last season is when I wasn't. Am I as pissed off as pre-1992 ?

Well, I am more disappointed, but that as you say is because we expect or hoped for more. This is my main point about the current board, we have higher expectations, because we are a bigger, better and superior club in every respect. I have no idea where or how this is going to end but overall I feel a lot better now than when Souness was here and overall only the Souness era since 1992 matches the periods pre-1992, of which McGarry was the worst, followed by Ardiles.

I was almost as pissed off at the opportunity thrown away under Gordon Lee as I was the Bobby Robson, because I liked Gordon Lee and think that many people misunderstood or just didn't want to understand what he was trying to say. We were clinging onto the 1950's and all he did was try to bring the club into the modern era and was on the way to doing it too. Arthur Cox also eventually found the way forward too, through sheer hard work and good judgement under difficult conditions. Lee and Cox would have done a lot better and could have done very well long term with a supportive board.

For the most part, supporting Newcastle has been nothing but a massive disappointment, I would rather list the few periods when I have been happy.

;)

What era's do you know mate ?

Edited by LeazesMag

[gerld= LeazesMag]

I am pissed off with them. I have been pissed off for most of the last 2 years, only the 2nd half of last season is when I wasn't. Am I as pissed off as pre-1992 ?

Well, I am more disappointed, but that as you say is because we expect or hoped for more. This is my main point about the current board, we have higher expectations, because we are a bigger, better and superior club in every respect. I have no idea where or how this is going to end but overall I feel a lot better now than when Souness was here and overall only the Souness era since 1992 matches the periods pre-1992, of which McGarry was the worst, followed by Ardiles.

I was almost as pissed off at the opportunity thrown away under Gordon Lee as I was the Bobby Robson, because I liked Gordon Lee and think that many people misunderstood or just didn't want to understand what he was trying to say. We were clinging onto the 1950's and all he did was try to bring the club into the modern era and was on the way to doing it too. Arthur Cox also eventually found the way forward too, through sheer hard work and good judgement under difficult conditions. Lee and Cox would have done a lot better and could have done very well long term with a supportive board.

For the most part, supporting Newcastle has been nothing but a massive disappointment, I would rather list the few periods when I have been happy.

:blush:

[/gerld]

;)

[gerld= LeazesMag]

:blush:

[/gerld]

;)

Taxi for Leazes Mag....:blush:

;)

Agree with everything there. Too many false dawns for me. Lee and Cox both left due to the boards ineptitude. Everyone since, other than Keegan and Robson have been poor. Jack Charlton could have done OK in my opinion but he just never fitted with what wanted. Watching George and Cunningham wasnt anyones cup of tea.

Anyway, I can moan all I fucking like but I know I will still turn up, pay me money, talk shite and have a pint after and talk even more shite.

Would still love to see a few years with a younger manager (Bobby Robson aged 42 would be perfect) and some stability.

The club has so much. It is a BIG club. Small clubs occasionally win cups but big ones have the ability to spend (wisely) and ttract huge support. there are others like Villa and Spurs who are taking off with managers who are respected, can attract players and are relatively young. Us? I can just see the next sacking on its way.

In Shepherds era of Chairmanship i think the club aas been pretty healthy, we haven't become the global merchandising competitor of Manure but then we've won f**k all for 50+ yrs. Success is the single most effective marketing tool, FACT. Despite our lack of it we've managed to provide our managers (lthe Prem yrs) with more than adequate transfer funds, no one i feel, can really complain about that. I can only think of one summer (when we only signed Bowyer on a free) that we have been quiet during on the transfer period, that only became a mistake because the players f**ked up in the CL qualifiers, they were good enough and should have won.

The Boards main problem has been the choice of managers, or rather the effect they've had. SJH chose Keegan, and let's be honest, got very lucky indeed. Freddie chose Dalgleish who seemed like the right man on paper, however, i think they should have been more thorough in discovering his intentions for the squad he inherited because, quite frankly he became 'The Asset Stripper', i think if they knew in advance what he wanted to do they may have thought twice. If they believed in him though they should have given him more time.

Gullit is an example of poor research and blind faith.

Robson was luck that he was available but he was great for the club.

Souness, illogical.

Roeder, FS had a chance to 'Try before you Buy' so i can see why he thought about giving him a go.

Bottom line is, SJH was lucky, and SBR aside, FS has been anything but. I think it's time someone else was brought in to make a more informed decisions regarding Managerial/Coaching appoinments. Someone with a more global knowledge of football, a Kenyon type. Not to replace FS but to work along side him. The rest of the club will operate more fully to its potential with the right man in charge, and more importantly imo, a Kenyon type might ensure that we have a succession of good managers. IMAGINE THAT, more than one!!!