Corals NOT giving odds on NUFC relegation.

Ugly Mackems

http://www.coral.co.uk/sb.go?page=grouppag...id=20&ms=MS

Perhaps they are aware we are to be investigated by the FA - possible points deduction.

Seems strange the only Club not quoted are NUFC.

Perhaps breaking FIFA regulations are about to come back to haunt us

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1871001,00.html

Weird, but I doubt the bookies have the inside scoop on this whole thing tbh. No conspiracy theories here.

I'm not interested in conspiracy theories either. But I am curious as to why they will not offer odds - looks like someone is betting heavily on us or there is some other uncertainty.

Actually, it's probably Shepherd putting the punt on knowing our dodgy dealings! ;)

100-1? I doubt it like. Well worth a bet if true tbh.

100/1 is to finish bottom not to get relegated

Aah, more like it. What are we to get relegated then? ;)

Of course, I offered £500 if we got relegated but no one took me up.

Why would anyone take that bet at evens (with someone you've never even met) when you could get far better odds elsewhere?

My yid friend is at work now in Corals, saying its 40-1 for relegation

Does he mind you calling him a yid. Do you have any none white friends?

No he doesn`t mind, although until you wrote that I never knew it was an offensive word towards Jews. Learn something new everyday.

As for the non - white friends I have more friends of ethnic minority than white friends, i`m not exactly white myself, one of them plays for NUFC as it so happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yid

Football terminology

An exceptional non-offensive use of Yid by non-Jews is when it is by a member or supporter of English Premiership soccer team Tottenham Hotspur to refer to another fan or player on the team. Tottenham Hotspur are nicknamed "The Yids" due to the large Jewish population of their North London location - although this is not necessarily reflected in their actual fanbase.

It is debatable whether, despite the fact that the Tottenham Hotspur's fan base is largely non-Jewish, the use of the word 'Yid' in this context is acceptable, given that 'Yid' is also (as stated above) used as an offensive term about Jews.

My yid friend is at work now in Corals, saying its 40-1 for relegation

Does he mind you calling him a yid. Do you have any none white friends?

No he doesn`t mind, although until you wrote that I never knew it was an offensive word towards Jews. Learn something new everyday.

As for the non - white friends I have more friends of ethnic minority than white friends, i`m not exactly white myself, one of them plays for NUFC as it so happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yid

Football terminology

An exceptional non-offensive use of Yid by non-Jews is when it is by a member or supporter of English Premiership soccer team Tottenham Hotspur to refer to another fan or player on the team. Tottenham Hotspur are nicknamed "The Yids" due to the large Jewish population of their North London location - although this is not necessarily reflected in their actual fanbase.

It is debatable whether, despite the fact that the Tottenham Hotspur's fan base is largely non-Jewish, the use of the word 'Yid' in this context is acceptable, given that 'Yid' is also (as stated above) used as an offensive term about Jews.

It'a a bit like the mackems. What started off as an offensive piss take from their neighbours (us) was adopted by themselves as an identity.

Must admit I cringe when I hear the word yid though.