Ugly Scenes in the Tunnel

Gemmill

Watch the liverpool game tonight and you might see why he hasnt scored a boatload. Missed a sitter. JJ missed one too but at least he had ran 40 yards to get on the end of it.

The one he hit off the post for an "assist"? How the fuck's he missed that, it was rolled to him about 6 yards out!

He had an earlier effort where he tried to head it, the French commentator, very blunty: "Bellamy...too short!" :good:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a disclaimer I will say that they arent on the same planet but then Shola apparently has never kissed a liverpool badge in front of newcastle fans has he?

Went to kiss the Newcastle badge and missed tbh.

Who's side were you in the Bellamy v Shepherd debate then Leazes?

Was Fred right to condemn him and say he had no future at NUFC?

A simple yes or no will do :good:

I'm not in anybodys "camp".

I just see the situation as a dispute between people. are you suggesting you don't have an opinion on this other than a biased one ?

So far as Fred is concerned, I really don't give a shite, I just want the best for the club and I do not believe Fred was doing anything other than backing his manager, which is what a chairman is supposed to do. Shit ones don't by the way, in case you haven't still grasped this concept. So, yes, even though I disagree with his judgement, I think he was right to back his manager. You need to learn how to seperate the difference in roles between the manager and chairman, but to be fair, you aren't the only one on here who can't do that.

The simple fact is, Terry McDermott made public remarks about Craig Bellamy without even meeting the bloke so Craig Bellamy has every reason to want to take him to task for it.

Do you still think we are better off without Craig Bellamy, yes or no ? And do you still think we were right to back Souness with a shitload of money to "build his team" ?

Surely all McDermott was doing was backing his manager which according to you is the right thing to do. Do you think that McDermott who was seen as a link to the fans did what he did off his own back. If you do then you're worse than I thought (which would be quite difficult).

So let me get this right. You think that Shepherd on realising that Souness was shite beyond belief was right in then giving millions of pounds to said crap manager to build his crap managers team. So if my son can't ride a bike it is right for me as a father to buy him the most expensive bike I can get my hands on for him to leave in the garage and never use. The bike is called the Kona Luque BTW. Or maybe get him the Raleigh Owen which is a fantastic bike more expensive than the Kona but is known to break a lot and make it unuseable. It's all right for me to do that just to make him like me is it?

Now before you say exactly what we know you are going to. I am not saying we shouldn't have signed Owen. i was excited by the signing loved it. But we now have no money. We have a squad thinner than a catwalk model and about as healthy. And this is because Shepherd backed his crap managers blindly.

Unless of course you believe the rumours and Shepherd with all his football knowledge (which he could right on the back of a stamp in crayon) went out and bought the players himself. In which case he is even worse than I thought (which would be impossible).

And if you think I am doing this talking down to you in a patronising manner. Then I am sorry. But you're right I am.

Not at all. I am saying that Shepherds judgement of Souness was shit, I always said it was a monumental error, and there was quite a few people on here who shared Shepherds judgement ie Gemmill, Craig for instance, who also said he should throw barrowloads of cash at him.

I'm not arsed how you talk to me, because what you say above is just a load of shit and not even worth responding to until you start to look at facts ie 87 clubs have been below us over the last decade so there must be a lot of shit chairman out there.

McDermott may have been appointed by his mate so he is welcome to lick his arse in private but not in public, that is the point. Shame Bellamy didn't smack Souness over the head with a pickaxe when he assaulted him on the training ground then McDermott could have licked his real shit off the ground.

Bellamy has only scored 50 top-flight goals? I am surprised at that, I have to say.

I wonder how Bellamy and Ameobi's goals/games ratios compare? Maybe someone with more time and intelligence could have a look?

Bellamy = 28 prem goals in 93 full games for us

Shola = 26 prem goals in 90 full games for us

Obviously Shola has a good few sub appearance too.

As a disclaimer I will say that they arent on the same planet but then Shola apparently has never kissed a liverpool badge in front of newcastle fans has he?

And not many players have waved to the Liverpool fans at the Kop while wearing a Newcastle shirt too, in real Peter Beardsley style, back in 1987.

I just see the situation as a dispute between people. are you suggesting you don't have an opinion on this other than a biased one ?

So far as Fred is concerned, I really don't give a shite, I just want the best for the club and I do not believe Fred was doing anything other than backing his manager, which is what a chairman is supposed to do. Shit ones don't by the way, in case you haven't still grasped this concept. So, yes, even though I disagree with his judgement, I think he was right to back his manager. You need to learn how to seperate the difference in roles between the manager and chairman, but to be fair, you aren't the only one on here who can't do that.

The simple fact is, Terry McDermott made public remarks about Craig Bellamy without even meeting the bloke so Craig Bellamy has every reason to want to take him to task for it.

Do you still think we are better off without Craig Bellamy, yes or no ? And do you still think we were right to back Souness with a shitload of money to "build his team" ?

Surely all McDermott was doing was backing his manager which according to you is the right thing to do. Do you think that McDermott who was seen as a link to the fans did what he did off his own back. If you do then you're worse than I thought (which would be quite difficult).

So let me get this right. You think that Shepherd on realising that Souness was shite beyond belief was right in then giving millions of pounds to said crap manager to build his crap managers team. So if my son can't ride a bike it is right for me as a father to buy him the most expensive bike I can get my hands on for him to leave in the garage and never use. The bike is called the Kona Luque BTW. Or maybe get him the Raleigh Owen which is a fantastic bike more expensive than the Kona but is known to break a lot and make it unuseable. It's all right for me to do that just to make him like me is it?

Now before you say exactly what we know you are going to. I am not saying we shouldn't have signed Owen. i was excited by the signing loved it. But we now have no money. We have a squad thinner than a catwalk model and about as healthy. And this is because Shepherd backed his crap managers blindly.

Unless of course you believe the rumours and Shepherd with all his football knowledge (which he could right on the back of a stamp in crayon) went out and bought the players himself. In which case he is even worse than I thought (which would be impossible).

And if you think I am doing this talking down to you in a patronising manner. Then I am sorry. But you're right I am.

Not at all. I am saying that Shepherds judgement of Souness was shit, I always said it was a monumental error, and there was quite a few people on here who shared Shepherds judgement ie Gemmill, Craig for instance, who also said he should throw barrowloads of cash at him.

I'm not arsed how you talk to me, because what you say above is just a load of shit and not even worth responding to until you start to look at facts ie 87 clubs have been below us over the last decade so there must be a lot of shit chairman out there.

McDermott may have been appointed by his mate so he is welcome to lick his arse in private but not in public, that is the point. Shame Bellamy didn't smack Souness over the head with a pickaxe when he assaulted him on the training ground then McDermott could have licked his real shit off the ground.

If we have averaged a placing of 8.3rd over the last decade does that mean there are 95.3 clubs in the league? Bellamy never uses a pickaxe . A chair is his weapon of choice when smacking management. He uses his hand for smacking women, the hard bastard.

As for doing stuff in private rather than public I assume you feel Bellamy was out of order going on SKY then?

The Bellamy arguments get weaker by the day.

What did you think of the Liverpool badge kissing in front of our fans by the way?

Bellamy has only scored 50 top-flight goals? I am surprised at that, I have to say.

I wonder how Bellamy and Ameobi's goals/games ratios compare? Maybe someone with more time and intelligence could have a look?

Bellamy = 28 prem goals in 93 full games for us

Shola = 26 prem goals in 90 full games for us

Obviously Shola has a good few sub appearance too.

And not many players have waved to the Liverpool fans at the Kop while wearing a Newcastle shirt too, in real Peter Beardsley style, back in 1987.

:good: That is a truly bizarre comparison. I dont recall Peter Beardsley ever kissing his Liverpool badge in front of Newcastle fans. I know one former player who has who has though.

I see one of the Bellamy haters (Gemmil) had to start another thread about him, will these people not just let go, he's left the club now :lol:

Anyway its a non story really and is only one because it's Bellamy. If Terry Mac had done to me what he did to Bellamy hammering me in the papers, and stirring up shit and doing a character assasination on me whilst crawling up Souness' arse to help kick me out the club, i'd have had a go at him alot sooner than Bellamy and would have said far worse.

And i'd have to say Bellamy's attitude to toon fans actually deserves more credit than he's getting. Because since he was kicked out, when he's played us he's continual abuse from toon fans, including a bottle being thrown at him vs Liverpool, yet he hasn't slagged us or the club (Souness et al aside) and when Pool scored their goals he just joined in with restrained celebrations when he could easilly, as many players do go over the top, give the fans some back and really rub it in, but he didn't. However that doesn't make much of a story.

He's clearly a beligerent, argumentative little bastard who opens his mouth too much and probably is a bit too arrogant, but who gives a toss, every manager bar one he's had rates him and sticks up for him. And the only one out of all of them who didn't, he doesn't even merit the title manager.

Is kissing the Liverpool badge in front of the Newcastle fans classed as 'restrained celebration' these days? :good:

Didn't see that to be honest, i think its fair in return for the booing and the chucked bottle, but no, its not a restrained celebration!!!

I really dont understand how people can forgive this sort of behaviour

Quite easilly, if I or indeed the whole away end give a player shit for 90 mins, i'll take back what comes my way from the player when he or his team score. Just as Blackburn fans had to when they gave Shearer 90 mins stick and so for the first time ever he actually changed his 1 handed celebration, or when he danced in front of the manu fans when we beat them 5-0. Players get it and dish it back and fans cry like little bairns, just like the Hammers fans with Roeder.

I can't speak for everybody, but if i dish it out i'll take it back from players.

I see one of the Bellamy haters (Gemmil) had to start another thread about him, will these people not just let go, he's left the club now :lol:

Anyway its a non story really and is only one because it's Bellamy. If Terry Mac had done to me what he did to Bellamy hammering me in the papers, and stirring up shit and doing a character assasination on me whilst crawling up Souness' arse to help kick me out the club, i'd have had a go at him alot sooner than Bellamy and would have said far worse.

And i'd have to say Bellamy's attitude to toon fans actually deserves more credit than he's getting. Because since he was kicked out, when he's played us he's continual abuse from toon fans, including a bottle being thrown at him vs Liverpool, yet he hasn't slagged us or the club (Souness et al aside) and when Pool scored their goals he just joined in with restrained celebrations when he could easilly, as many players do go over the top, give the fans some back and really rub it in, but he didn't. However that doesn't make much of a story.

He's clearly a beligerent, argumentative little bastard who opens his mouth too much and probably is a bit too arrogant, but who gives a toss, every manager bar one he's had rates him and sticks up for him. And the only one out of all of them who didn't, he doesn't even merit the title manager.

Is kissing the Liverpool badge in front of the Newcastle fans classed as 'restrained celebration' these days? :good:

Didn't see that to be honest, i think its fair in return for the booing and the chucked bottle, but no, its not a restrained celebration!!!

Quite easilly, if I or indeed the whole away end give a player shit for 90 mins, i'll take back what comes my way from the player when he or his team score. Just as Blackburn fans had to when they gave Shearer 90 mins stick and so for the first time ever he actually changed his 1 handed celebration, or when he danced in front of the manu fans when we beat them 5-0. Players get it and dish it back and fans cry like little bairns, just like the Hammers fans with Roeder.

I can't speak for everybody, but if i dish it out i'll take it back from players.

The context is very very different. shearer did his salute in front of our fans. not Blackburns. Shearer is justifiably loathed in salford simply because he snubbed them twice. He makes no bones about it. He accepts it.

The fans crying are the fans who didnt realise what an objectionable little toad he was and that this supposed love of us never existed. Only one person in Craigys life.

The context is very very different. shearer did his salute in front of our fans. not Blackburns. Shearer is justifiably loathed in salford simply because he snubbed them twice. He makes no bones about it. He accepts it.

The fans crying are the fans who didnt realise what an objectionable little toad he was and that this supposed love of us never existed. Only one person in Craigys life.

Shearer did it at Ewood Park, the whole ground of Blackburn fans are there to see it, its not like he did a sercret little sign for the toon fans that all the Blackburn people couldn't see or understand. Its the same context and i don't give a toss about either of them doing it because it was in response to fans giving them stick so they were both entitled to do it for me.

And you'd struggle to find these mythical fans who didn't realise what Bellamy was/is, because everyone knows what he is, all that matters is whether you want him in your team or not.

Shearer did it at Ewood Park, the whole ground of Blackburn fans are there to see it, its not like he did a sercret little sign for the toon fans that all the Blackburn people couldn't see or understand. Its the same context and i don't give a toss about either of them doing it because it was in response to fans giving them stick so they were both entitled to do it for me.

And you'd struggle to find these mythical fans who didn't realise what Bellamy was/is, because everyone knows what he is, all that matters is whether you want him in your team or not.

Shearer did it in front of our fans. totally different man. I dont want him in the north east never mind my team. After his badge kissing would u have him back? Not to mention all the other shite he has clearly done.

as for mythical fans - have look over on N-O. there are plenty of them. just seems many are just waking up to the fact.

Like i say one love in his life.

If we have averaged a placing of 8.3rd over the last decade does that mean there are 95.3 clubs in the league? Bellamy never uses a pickaxe . A chair is his weapon of choice when smacking management. He uses his hand for smacking women, the hard bastard.

As for doing stuff in private rather than public I assume you feel Bellamy was out of order going on SKY then?

What did you think of the Liverpool badge kissing in front of our fans by the way?

As nobody has averaged 1st over the last decade, does this mean nobody is top ?

Simple fact - is only 4 teams have a higher average position, and these are the ONLY 4 teams who have qualified for europe more than us.

We have qualified for europe more in the last decade than we did in the previous 30 years.

I am not really bothered about what Bellamy did other than the fact he did it where it matters most, on the pitch. Yes he has a dodgy temperament, so what ? He is not the first footballer and won't be the last. He was badly managed. Have we done better without him or not ?

He had a row with Carver, and Carver put it behind him like an adult, which shows he is 10 times the man than the scottish fuckpig will ever be, who targetted Bellamy for one reason and one reason only, to exert his authority upon being appointed as manager. He subbed Bellamy at Charlton when he was the best player on the pitch, and our biggest chance of winning the game, because he is a prick.

As he is now a Liverpool player, what is wrong with kissing the Liverpool badge ? Do you think this is worse than waving to the Kop while wearing a Newcastle Shirt ? I know what I think is worse, yet people forgave Beardsley for waving in advance to the team he was about to sign for, and he is a local lad and a newcastle supporter to boot ..... but that is when Newcastle United were a club not really worth playing for, which the departure of 3 local lads who played for England proved.....

I do hope you won't ignore these facts like some others around here .....

Leazes talking shit again. Leazes, you can accuse me of poor judgement re Souness all you like, just as long as you realise that your poor judgement of Shepherd has eclipsed mine by a magnitude of BIGNESS.

But you didn't say that when we were in the CL did you ?

One bad appointment has set us back, but that doesn't make a bad chairman if they correct the damage in time. You continue to think that we have a divine right to appoint better managers than other clubs every time, this is not living in the real world. European qualification 7 times in a decade, and a full stadium every home game suggests they must be doing something right. If they were not, the stadium would be half empty like it was the last time we had a board that was clueless.

Leazes talking shit again. Leazes, you can accuse me of poor judgement re Souness all you like, just as long as you realise that your poor judgement of Shepherd has eclipsed mine by a magnitude of BIGNESS.

One bad appointment has set us back, but that doesn't make a bad chairman if they correct the damage in time. You continue to think that we have a divine right to appoint better managers than other clubs every time, this is not living in the real world. European qualification 7 times in a decade, and a full stadium every home game suggests they must be doing something right. If they were not, the stadium would be half empty like it was the last time we had a board that was clueless.

:good: Pissing myself at your first question. Remind me when we were last in the CL. Now tell me when you think we'll next be in it. Now think about why we're a fucking million miles away from it - because of the mistakes made by the dickhead running the club.

You continue to fail to realise that with the revenues that we bring in qualification for Europe should be pretty much a given. It's not enough though is it? Have you seen the state of the teams in the UEFA Cup ffs? It's a fucking shit tournament man! Blah blah blah about the stadium being half empty btw. We've achieved fuck all in years and the fact that people are still turning up has NOTHING to do with Shepherd. The fact that season ticket sales are dwindling - now there is something that Shepherd can take credit for.

No offence like, cos I know you're alright really, but you REALLY do come across as brain dead in these discussions about Shepherd. Spouting the same shit every time - 87 clubs below us, you weren't saying that when we were in the CL, full houses every week. You're like one of those toys where you pull a string and they say a phrase of which they only have a limited selection. We keep pulling the string and you just keep recycling from your stock.

Simple fact - is only 4 teams have a higher average position, and these are the ONLY 4 teams who have qualified for europe more than us.

We have qualified for europe more in the last decade than we did in the previous 30 years.

I am not really bothered about what Bellamy did other than the fact he did it where it matters most, on the pitch. Yes he has a dodgy temperament, so what ? He is not the first footballer and won't be the last. He was badly managed. Have we done better without him or not ?

He had a row with Carver, and Carver put it behind him like an adult, which shows he is 10 times the man than the scottish fuckpig will ever be, who targetted Bellamy for one reason and one reason only, to exert his authority upon being appointed as manager. He subbed Bellamy at Charlton when he was the best player on the pitch, and our biggest chance of winning the game, because he is a prick.

As he is now a Liverpool player, what is wrong with kissing the Liverpool badge ? Do you think this is worse than waving to the Kop while wearing a Newcastle Shirt ? I know what I think is worse, yet people forgave Beardsley for waving in advance to the team he was about to sign for, and he is a local lad and a newcastle supporter to boot ..... but that is when Newcastle United were a club not really worth playing for, which the departure of 3 local lads who played for England proved.....

Show me the mathematics for this average of 5th and i might agree. Please.

Batting someone over the head can never be condoned. It is the same as Souness throttling the little cock. Are you saying Bellamy waasnt adult enough to put it behind him like Carver did?

there is the world of differnce in the abilities and mentalities PB and Bellamy. PB was top top class. Bellamy never will be

:lol:

:good: Pissing myself at your first question. Remind me when we were last in the CL. Now tell me when you think we'll next be in it. Now think about why we're a fucking million miles away from it - because of the mistakes made by the dickhead running the club.

You continue to fail to realise that with the revenues that we bring in qualification for Europe should be pretty much a given. It's not enough though is it? Have you seen the state of the teams in the UEFA Cup ffs? It's a fucking shit tournament man! Blah blah blah about the stadium being half empty btw. We've achieved fuck all in years and the fact that people are still turning up has NOTHING to do with Shepherd. The fact that season ticket sales are dwindling - now there is something that Shepherd can take credit for.

No offence like, cos I know you're alright really, but you REALLY do come across as brain dead in these discussions about Shepherd. Spouting the same shit every time - 87 clubs below us, you weren't saying that when we were in the CL, full houses every week. You're like one of those toys where you pull a string and they say a phrase of which they only have a limited selection. We keep pulling the string and you just keep recycling from your stock.

It's a shame Gemmil, and I'm not saying this in a patronising way deliberately, but I think you's who have such a problem with the club qualifying for Europe "only" 7 times in a decade are brain dead and need to get a grip of reality.

I quote the clubs that are below us, for one reason and one reason only, because it is fact. And it puts our standing into perspective, in the real world.

As is the reason why I continue to quote the fact that the crowds are in excess of 50,000. It is a fact, that when the club was badly run we got less than half that crowd, and it is equally a fact that if the club was badly run this would still apply. I know you are alright too :D but I fail to see how you fail to see this and live in the real world. We are above many, many clubs that were above us for years, and we are above them, over the last decade, on merit. It is the straightforward and correct reply to whenever you and others have your own strings pulled ie trotting out the "anyone but Shepherd" rubbish, [and Dans idiotic remarks about the club ALWAYS buying "panic buys" which he appears to be unable to reply too, knowing how he has been shown to be making up absolute shite] despite being shown the facts. And - you's STILL do not name the people lurking in the backround that you are so confident are willing, able and have the ability to do better, which is a tall order as there are only 4 clubs that have done better than us over the last decade, whether you like it or not, that is a fact.

Question. Does it ever occur to you, that the reason why we have not won a trophy, even one trophy, may well lie at the feet of the players .......... or the manager for throwing League Cup ties in particular ???????

The board has gave managers funds to enable them to qualify for the CL, reach 2 Cup Finals, finish in the top 5 of the league etc etc....this is quality enough to win cups if the players actually perform , Do you not think so ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Batting someone over the head can never be condoned. It is the same as Souness throttling the little cock. Are you saying Bellamy waasnt adult enough to put it behind him like Carver did?

there is the world of differnce in the abilities and mentalities PB and Bellamy. PB was top top class. Bellamy never will be

I didn't say "an average of 5th", I said "the 5th highest average". There is a difference. As I said, nobody has averaged 1st either, because it is impossible unless they win the title for 10 years in succession.

Only 4 clubs have a higher average position, the same 4 clubs are the only clubs who have qualified for europe more than us.

I have posted these averages previously.

And the sight of a local Geordie Lad wearing a NUFC shirt, waving to the Kop, denying it was because he was moving there then moving there soon after, was probably one of the most sickening things I have witnessed that you could imagine. But Newcastle United was like that in those days.

Would you do that ?

Edited by LeazesMag

I didn't say "an average of 5th", I said "the 5th highest average". There is a difference. As I said, nobody has averaged 1st either, because it is impossible unless they win the title for 10 years in succession.

Only 4 clubs have a higher average position, the same 4 clubs are the only clubs who have qualified for europe more than us.

I have posted these averages previously.

Cant find them. Please show me cos i am intrigued now.

4 clubs with a higher average position? that indicates our postions which have been 2, 13, 13, 11, 11, 4, 3, 5, 14, 7. We qualified for Europe through the back door on 3 occasions rather than legitimately - i.e. by virtue of other teams success rather than our own or through the intertoto.

Just curious to how you have done this.

Point me to the thread Leazes man. Cheers.

Nb: Would you agree with PB great NUFC player and CB as good?