What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Cult - Love Removal Machine on Rock Radio Manchester.

Never heard it before, but liking it.

Beginning to think I should look into these guys some more. I know they've gone through a few changes and their earlier stuff is more goth (one of the lads in the office liked them and he's an old goth); but their later stuff seem at bit more rock and less mongy goth.

Beginning to think I should look into these guys some more. I know they've gone through a few changes and their earlier stuff is more goth (one of the lads in the office liked them and he's an old goth); but their later stuff seem at bit more rock and less mongy goth.

She Sells Sanctuary is class.

Guest alex

Most of their stuff is pretty straightforward rawk tbh (but good imo). I think the goth period was when they were still Southern Death Cult. Their greatest hits is pretty good (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pure_Cult_(Greatest_Hits)). And as Chez says, She Sells Sanctuary is quality.

Most of their stuff is pretty straightforward rawk tbh (but good imo). I think the goth period was when they were still Southern Death Cult. Their greatest hits is pretty good (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pure_Cult_(Greatest_Hits)). And as Chez says, She Sells Sanctuary is quality.

I love The Cult, as above, the greatest hits is excellent.

She Sells Sanctuary is class.

That's the only other Cult track and really know - and yes it is, it is most definitly class :lol:

Good call on the GH. I think I'll try that and work from there.

Oh, and listening to She Sells Sanctuary now because you've put it in my head.

Choooooooon!

And they sound good live too. A real acid test for a band imo.

Guest alex

The Witch was a bit of a departure from their old sound (off the soundtrack to 'Cool World' - saw that on acid, I'd completely forgotten about that :lol: ). Sounds like Achtung Baby-era U2. Which is no bad thing iyam.

Guest alex
Maggie May - Rod Stewart, whilst trying to finish some last minute IT work :lol:

Lot of that going on south of the river at the minute.

Joe Bonamassa - Just got paid/Dazed and confused (medley) (Live At Shepherds Bush)

Might give that a listen later now that you've mentioned it as I'm in for a late one.

Currently listening to Pure Cult - Greatest Hits: Cult as per Alex, Chez and Jimbo's reccommendations (you are right btw) :lol: Turns out I recognise a few of them - Lil Devil was on the soundtrack to GTA3 iirc.

Really liking the guitar sound he uses on it.

Whack these into a youtube search....

Strategy :lol:

Bonobo :icon_lol:

The Cinematic Orchestra :o

Yvi Slan - Couldn't find a track

Hervé :D

Defunct! not bad

Switch I really like this :icon_lol:

Leko- a little too Latino for me :icon_lol:

Try Trevor Loveys too, Couldn't find "lotta Lovin" on youtube for this fella :S

Ta for these though :rolleyes:

Joe Bonamassa - Live at Shepherds Bush: Asking around for you; which sounds suspiciously like Angel on my shoulder.

EDIT: I should maybe drink less when I work late - the song is one in the same :lol: cue some pisstake from Tom.

Joe Bonamassa - Live at Shepherds Bush: Asking around for you; which sounds suspiciously like Angel on my shoulder.

EDIT: I should maybe drink less when I work late - the song is one in the same :lol: cue some pisstake from Tom.

He does it very different live.

It's more of a piano affair.