How's everyones elses teams getting on?

JJ

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mighty Guisborough Town were on Sky Sports News this morning! Some random little feature on Norton & Stockton Ancients having identical twins as manager and coach, and were playing Guisborough so showed the highlights. I think I saw about 2 people in the crowd. :blink:

Forest are playing Chelsea today. I would love it, LOVE IT...

:blink:

1 Scunthorpe 30 21 55

2 Oldham 29 22 52

3 Bristol City 28 14 52

4 Nottm Forest 28 11 52

5 Yeovil 29 13 51

6 Swansea 29 15 47

7 Blackpool 28 13 47

8 Doncaster 28 12 46

9 Tranmere 30 8 46

10 Carlisle 29 -5 40

11 Huddersfield 30 -7 38

12 Gillingham 30 -13 38

13 Port Vale 29 -4 37

14 Bradford 30 -3 36

15 Chesterfield 29 -1 35

16 Northampton 29 -4 35

17 Crewe 29 -5 35

18 Brighton 29 -7 35

19 Millwall 29 -8 33

20 Leyton Orient 29 -9 31

21 Bournemouth 29 -15 28

22 Cheltenham 29 -16 26

23 Rotherham 29 -4 24

24 Brentford 30 -28 23

League cup win 4 zip at Colne yesterday.

3 points behind Salford City in the league but 6 games in hand.

What division are FCUM in? And which division did they start in?

Started off last year in North West Counties Div 2, bottom of the pyramid.

Won the league last year and promoted to to Div 1.

Barring disasters we should win this league this year and then it will be Unibond 2, Unibond 1, Conference North hopefully.

Barring disasters we should win this league this year and then it will be Unibond 2, Unibond 1, Conference North hopefully.

What kind of crowds are you getting?

Does MUFC playing effect them sometimes, or are the fans purely against the idea of supporting them now?

What kind of crowds are you getting?

Does MUFC playing effect them sometimes, or are the fans purely against the idea of supporting them now?

Yes, MUFC playing does effect our gates slightly as there are some people do both.

We had it up to around 5,000 last season but this season the novelty has worn off for some and we are settling for a hard core of slightly under 3,000. Still unbelievable crowds for the level of football when you consider we are behind say West Allotment in the pyramid system. The good thing is that we travel in big numbers for the aways (after all it's all in a similar area) which is giving a lot of small clubs a major financial boost. I think the league average for the North West counties was 63 prior to us joining last year :blink:

The big test moving up is going to be buying our own ground, we are currently paying Bury £10,000 per match for our groundsharing agreement.

It's a right fanny on posting the table, cutting and pasting makes it look awful, so..

Whitley Bay's League

Yes, I tried to cut & paste our table without success, so I'll just point you to our home page FC United home page

Have to say I'm really looking forward to us playing in the FA Cup next year for this first time :blink:

I never realised until we formed that you can't play in the FA Cup if you didn't take part in the Vase the previous year. We formed too late last season to get into the Vase but played in it this year, getting beat off Quorn (I always thought that was a veggie food!) so FA Cup next season here we come. You never know we might make St James Park :)

The other Newcastle played their first leg of the semi finals at Syndey in Friday and although we lost 1-2, the away goal rule applies to the combined result so all isn't lost. Taking into account we hammered the premiers 4-0 at home in the last league game (why we persist with a finals series is a joke but hey that's the 'stralian way) Terry Butcher must be quaking in his boots.

(by the way it appears to be Newcastle's way no matter which Newcastle one refers to in their ability to fuck things up at the last hurdle!)

We had it up to around 5,000 last season but this season the novelty has worn off for some and we are settling for a hard core of slightly under 3,000.

I wondered if that might happen, particularly with MUFC playing so well. Still, as you say, phenomenal crowds at that level.

• 2 weeks later...

I know nothing. ;)

1 Schalke 48

2 Bremen 42

3 Stuttgart 41

4 Bayern 37

5 Nürnberg 33

6 Hertha Berlin 33

7 Leverkusen 29

8 Hannover 27

9 Dortmund 25

10 Wolfsburg 24