FAO any scottish folk

Toonraider

Whereabouts in Scotland were you, Bev?

We stayed over night in the lake district, went to Kendal and Windermere then headed for Glasgow (urgh) then followed the Trossachs trail up to Oban and back to Loch Lomond, really stunning views

Edited by Toonraider

We stayed over night in the lake district, went to Kendal and Wwindermere then headed for Glasgow (urgh) then followed the Trossachs trail up to Oban and back to Loch Lomond, really stunning views

It's lush up there isn't it ? Wor sis lives in Hamilton and has a fantastic view of the Trossachs. When I was a mere child of 16 i sailed around the western Isles for a fortnight, got invited to a wedding do in Oban when we tied the boat yp for the night and ended up getting hammered on some obscure Malts....not a good idea with a 5 hour sail the next day :good:

We stayed over night in the lake district, went to Kendal and Wwindermere then headed for Glasgow (urgh) then followed the Trossachs trail up to Oban and back to Loch Lomond, really stunning views

It's lush up there isn't it ? Wor sis lives in Hamilton and has a fantastic view of the Trossachs. When I was a mere child of 16 i sailed around the western Isles for a fortnight, got invited to a wedding do in Oban when we tied the boat yp for the night and ended up getting hammered on some obscure Malts....not a good idea with a 5 hour sail the next day :D

I was surprised how beautiful it was. Funny part was driving past what we assumed to be yet another Loch and noticing a caravan floating by :lol: ...thought blimey, how did he get there?!! then realising it was a flooded caravan site....about 20 odd campers and caravans bobbing about! As we got nearer my son took a few piccies, they were not impressed :good:

Had a couple of holidays up there about 10 years ago, stayed at a place near Pitlochry. Also had trips to Edinburgh & Loch Ness.

I agree about the scenery, it really is something else up there.

Had a couple of holidays up there about 10 years ago, stayed at a place near Pitlochry. Also had trips to Edinburgh & Loch Ness.

I wanted to go to Edinburgh but we didnt make that, so will do that next time.

Could only have been in Peebles if she's talking glorious scenery. :lol:

:D

Behave :slap:

<_<

Well next time someone calls you a bloke I shan't correct them. <_<

My god, i just read back and see what you meant now :doh:

THANK YOU Jonny XXXXX :good:

Guest Patrokles

It's a crime to see Glasgow and not Edinburgh!

It's a crime to see Glasgow and not Edinburgh!

i know :good: but coming from the lake district it just happened we had to go that way to get to the Trossachs. Hubby doesnt like cities anyway, so i'll visit Edinburgh with a friend and explore the place properly. We only drove through Glasgow, what i saw was grim, but im sure there must be nice areas too.

Aha, you were out my neck of the woods in Loch Lomond.... :good:

Really? Then lucky you, i loved it there.

Yes I live in the small town next to it, Helensburgh. Lovely place with the bonus of it being just managable to get into the city etc for work. The loch is great especially in the summer, my other halfs family have a boat out on the Loch and can be a great day out when the suns about.

Have really grown to appreciate my surroundings over the last few years and want to try and stay here rather than ever having to move into town and to what i describe as a "concrete jungle".".