Magpies / Toffies match thread

Hughesie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the best stuff I think we've played all season shame we just couldn't finish.

Yeah, some nice confident touches and varied attacks... it's just a bit depressing when you just KNOW you're unlikely to keep a clean sheet....

Some of the best stuff I think we've played all season shame we just couldn't finish.

The defending was shockingly poor, Martins had a very poor game, there was some nice stuff played in the middle at times but overall would you not say that's pretty dismal?

I do think with Woodgate/Campbell & Viduka/Hasselbaink we'd be playins considerably better, but a couple of players can make a big difference.

The defending was shockingly poor, Martins had a very poor game, there was some nice stuff played in the middle at times but overall would you not say that's pretty dismal?

I do think with Woodgate/Campbell & Viduka/Hasselbaink we'd be playins considerably better, but a couple of players can make a big difference.

I meant to say going forward. :good:

The whole thing is about finish!

Martins couldn't finish last if he was left at the start.

Ramage couldn't finish his dinner if he had all night.

Bramble couldn't finish first if he was the only one in the race.

Roeder might not finish the season.

I don't think we looked particularly good going forward. We had two or three spells where we did well, but we were badly missing a bit of creativity.

Parker had a good game and so did Milner. The thing with Milner is that even when he plays very well, there is still no end product. N'Zogbia was very on and off - there were a few great runs from deep positions, but he didn't know when to make a pass. Martins was a bit unfortunate, but I guess at least he never seems to give up and works hard even when things aren't going well.

Played 6, Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 3 (4 after the trip to Old Trafford) is not good enough though and depressing form. My only consolation is that Spurs are doing even worse.

Defence was shambolic as per usual.

We played some good stuff going forward, Martins was getting into some good positions but couldn't finish anything.

Rossi looked decent when he came on.

Milner put in a good shift today.