What is WRONG with you people?

Gemmill

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lecture 9-10 today, and in again at 1-3...

URGH! I HATE you!

Them 9am lectures were always a bastard like. Huge self discipline required to drag yourself in for one.

I was shocked to see the number of goody goody first years turning up for a nine o'clock maths tutorial this morning. Sickens me to my very core.

Last laugh next week when I dish out their spot test.

URGH! I HATE you!

<_<

Chill out dude, at least you're not skint, you office types are loaded! :)

I should be a little bit better off coming up though... asking everyone for money for my 21st, next Saturday!

URGH! I HATE you!

Them 9am lectures were always a bastard like. Huge self discipline required to drag yourself in for one.

I was shocked to see the number of goody goody first years turning up for a nine o'clock maths tutorial this morning. Sickens me to my very core.

What are you doing for your PhD again geordieshandy?

URGH! I HATE you!

It's related to lung dosimetry. Basically I am looking at how particles are affected by secondary flows within bends and bifurcations with a view to modelling deposition patterns of pharmaceutical or toxic particles within the respiratory tract.

URGH! I HATE you!

It's related to lung dosimetry. Basically I am looking at how particles are affected by secondary flows within bends and bifurcations with a view to modelling deposition patterns of pharmaceutical or toxic particles within the respiratory tract.

You've got no chance of passing that! <_<

URGH! I HATE you!

You've got no chance of passing that! <_<

I'll have you know I'm quite brilliant when I want to be. I just don't want to be too often.

URGH! I HATE you!

Ah right, what was your first degree then, life science based or physics?

I vaguely recall reading about artificial models that simulated the distribution of asthma inhalers in the lung, do you do that type of thing?

URGH! I HATE you!

I vaguely recall reading about artificial models that simulated the distribution of asthma inhalers in the lung, do you do that type of thing?

Mechanical Engineering

Spot on. My research is totally computationally based, comparing with experiments that have already been done elsewhere or are ongoing. The idea is once you know how particles are going to distribute throughout the lung, or even whether they get there, then the pharmaceutical companies can better design particle size and shape distribution for DPI, improve inhaler/nebuliser design or try to encourage more consistent use by the end user. It's all fairly theoretical like, there's far too much intersubject variability to have a perfect model, but hopefully some of the theory can be expanded to help some.

The same goes for toxins but obviously trying to keep them out.

URGH! I HATE you!

Mechanical Engineering

Spot on. My research is totally computationally based, comparing with experiments that have already been done elsewhere or are ongoing. The idea is once you know how particles are going to distribute throughout the lung, or even whether they get there, then the pharmaceutical companies can better design particle size and shape distribution for DPI, improve inhaler/nebuliser design or try to encourage more consistent use by the end user. It's all fairly theoretical like, there's far too much intersubject variability to have a perfect model, but hopefully some of the theory can be expanded to help some.

Good stuff, hope all goes well and you pass your PhD easily enough. Make sure you get decent external examiners for your viva is obvious but good advice.

URGH! I HATE you!

Mechanical Engineering

Good stuff, hope all goes well and you pass your PhD easily enough. Make sure you get decent external examiners for your viva is obvious but good advice.

Pretty much know who one of them is going to be, but yeah it's canny crucial.

Cheers