Manchester United vs Newcastle United

TOPTOON

As we rested Shola against Tallin i wouldn't be surprised to see him start, however i'd be very tempted to go 4411 on this one as if we lose out in midfield we are going even more screwed. Time to be sensible and accept that if we go out with our best in a 442 we are still going to get beat. This way we can frustrate them and maybe nick something.

-----------Harper

Car---Taylor---Moore---Ramage*

Duff---Parker---Butt---Zoggy

------------------Emre

----------Martins

Subs

Krul

Bernard* If Bernard is fit and looking sharper it maybe time to throw him in.

Milner

Sibierski

Ameobi

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butt and Parker should definitely start in the centre. They won't though.

Fuck right off. I wouldn't let Butt anywhere near the pitch for this fixture!

Aye that's cos you're one of the idiots that still thinks he's an undercover agent working for Ferguson. :angry: Good chance for him to redeem himself in the eyes of the fans and put the whole thing to bed tbh - instant forgiveness if he boots Ronaldo off the pitch.

we may as well have a go. if we try and defend for 90 minutes we're going to get hammered.

i'd go with:

---------------harper

carr-----taylor-----moore----n'zogbia

milner--parker----emre------duff

---------martins----shola

we may as well have a go. if we try and defend for 90 minutes we're going to get hammered.

i'd go with:

---------------harper

Spot on!

Guest Patrokles

i'd go with:

---------------harper

Spot on!

Switch N'Zogbia and Duff.

i'd go with:

---------------harper

Spot on!

Switch N'Zogbia and Duff.

:angry: The Zog is no defender...

Neither's Duff like. I think of the two N'Zogbia is the better bet at left back tbh.

And to think you tease me about my opinions!

And you're basing your opinion that Duff is clearly a much better bet at left back that N'Zogbia on what?

Guest Patrokles

Neither's Duff like. I think of the two N'Zogbia is the better bet at left back tbh.

And you're basing your opinion that Duff is clearly a much better bet at left back that N'Zogbia on what?

:angry:

To be honest, yes.

N'Zogbia looks all at sea at left-back. He has no positional sense defensively, he can't tackle, and he'll try and beat his man every time rather than sensibly clearing it. At least with Duff you'd be assured a very sensible, hard-working performance from someone who has played left-back before.

EDIT: Sorry, I read it as OR what, not ON what. But I think I answered it anyway.

Edited by Patrokles

Zoggy and duff are no LB's .

They'd be wasted there too. They are our best Wingers man! Stick Duff RW and Zoggy on the left. If anyone has to be played out of position its unfortunatly (for him and us) Ramage, he's not great there but with bernard stryggling with fitness and Baba out its the best we can do for now. Zoggy's going to have to come back more to help out if/when we are against it.

Guest Patrokles

They'd be wasted there too. They are our best Wingers man! Stick Duff RW and Zoggy on the left. If anyone has to be played out of position its unfortunatly (for him and us) Ramage, he's not great there but with bernard stryggling with fitness and Baba out its the best we can do for now. Zoggy's going to have to come back more to help out if/when we are against it.

Yeah, we tried that, remember?

Besides, Milner doesn't deserve to lose his place. On current form, he's our best winger.

:lol:

To be honest, yes.

N'Zogbia looks all at sea at left-back. He has no positional sense defensively, he can't tackle, and he'll try and beat his man every time rather than sensibly clearing it. At least with Duff you'd be assured a very sensible, hard-working performance from someone who has played left-back before.

EDIT: Sorry, I read it as OR what, not ON what. But I think I answered it anyway.

This is at odds with your usually INSANELY optimistic view on everything - I would have thought you would have N'Zogbia down as the next Ashley Cole. :angry:

Anyway, I think N'Zogbia would work hard at left back, would be pinned back enough so that we wouldn't have to worry about him bombing on, and would have sufficient pace and is sufficiently strong to at least give himself a chance of dealing with Ronaldo. I think it's probably a coin toss tbh, but I would prefer to see N'Zogbia at left back, and Duff on the wing.

Guest Patrokles

:lol:

To be honest, yes.

This is at odds with your usually INSANELY optimistic view on everything - I would have thought you would have N'Zogbia down as the next Ashley Cole. :angry:

Anyway, I think N'Zogbia would work hard at left back, would be pinned back enough so that we wouldn't have to worry about him bombing on, and would have sufficient pace and is sufficiently strong to at least give himself a chance of dealing with Ronaldo. I think it's probably a coin toss tbh, but I would prefer to see N'Zogbia at left back, and Duff on the wing.

We'll agree to disagree. I think it's a moot point anyway and we'll see Ramage there, in all fairness.

Yeah, we tried that, remember?

Besides, Milner doesn't deserve to lose his place. On current form, he's our best winger.

Last time we tried it was in that Uefa game and Duff was on fire, it worked imo, i don't know why he didn't stick with it. I like Milner but i don't think he's quite as good as Duff and Zoggy, just my opinion.