Worst job you've ever had.....

Monster

Following on from somebody mentioning call centres in another thread, i got to thinking about my worst job.

It was for one of them energy companies where you knock doors and ask folk to change their account. I lasted 6 weeks. The arseholes were taking bank details off the elderly and claiming it was just for a meter reading and all sorts of dodgy stuff.

I hated it and chucked it. I'm amazed i lasted 6 weeks really.

Anybody been a rent-boy or anything..... :lol: ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

I did some work for a company who published a guide to the East coast marinas and I had to call around every marina after the hurricanes in 2004 and ask if everything was still working fine and whether they were still open, etc. for the next edition. That wasn't great.

I worked for Zenith windows once, lasted about 3 weeks. They kept trying to make me sell windows to OAPS who didn`t need them. I made £2000 in 2 weeks like they promise believe it or not but they wouldn`t pay out when I told them to shove the job.

I worked for Zenith windows once, lasted about 3 weeks. They kept trying to make me sell windows to OAPS who didn`t need them. I made £2000 in 2 weeks like they promise believe it or not but they wouldn`t pay out when I told them to shove the job.

:lol:

Sounds familiar.

I worked at ASDA for 1 night.

Never said I was leaving, never went back, never rang.

Same job had the worst interview ever too. Dressing up in crepe paper and that. :lol:

Once was a drayman that was a twat of a job (had some rewards like)

Same job had the worst interview ever too. Dressing up in crepe paper and that. :D

He he class... i Did exactly the same thing at my part time job at Burger King

it lasted 2 days though (on the 2nd day the manager really pissed me off like).

The manager called me up the next day asking if I wanted

to discuss it further, I told him where to go...stupid arse

:lol::lol:

Does work experience count?

I had to sit next to a fat bloke and was allowed to play about on the CAD while he did some proper work. It was fun for the first 10mins. I did that for a fucking week.

Guest Patrokles

Same job had the worst interview ever too. Dressing up in crepe paper and that. :lol:

I worked there two years during my a-levels, but part time so it was bearable. But I tried there a few months during my gap year and had to quit. Too depressing.

I had to sit next to a fat bloke and was allowed to play about on the CAD while he did some proper work. It was fun for the first 10mins. I did that for a fucking week.

I did my work exp at the local Mercedes garage. There was literally nothing to do so he gave me a box of car keys and told me to check that they all match up with the cars on the forecourt, just for the sake of it.

when i was a nipper i worked in a shop (BHS)

i used to sell lights to z list people (nasty nick off eastenders and maria whittaker being 2 people i sold to).

other than that though i used to have a shit time of it and left after quite a while of putting up with the bullshit.

I did my work exp at the local Mercedes garage. There was literally nothing to do so he gave me a box of car keys and told me to check that they all match up with the cars on the forecourt, just for the sake of it.

I'm not sure I would even have trusted you with THAT, Ally.

OH! Forgot. I worked in a spar on Coatsworth Road in Gateshead. Me and a lad from school both worked there. I wasn't allowed on the till basically cos I wasn't Indian and was therefore not to be trusted. Ironically, my mate who was Indian and therefore could work on the till would nick up to £100 from it every Saturday. :lol: If he hit the jackpot (£100) I used to get a payoff too.

Work experience can be cack, like. I did a week at the Lloyds bank on Grey Street when I was 14. They didn't like the fact I was better at the thrilling task of cheque processing than the vacant frizzy-haired lasses who were doing it full-time, so they sat me down in front of a computer and got me to read stuff for the rest of the week instead. Still, got my bus fares refunded at the end of it. :lol:

I did work experience at Northern Rock. Pretty much involved packing envelopes with those shit loan offers you get through the post for a fortnight. I made it out to be a huge thing on my CV though and the lass at PwC was lapping it up in my interview.

OH! Forgot. I worked in a spar on Coatsworth Road in Gateshead. Me and a lad from school both worked there. I wasn't allowed on the till basically cos I wasn't Indian and was therefore not to be trusted. Ironically, my mate who was Indian and therefore could work on the till would nick up to £100 from it every Saturday. :lol: If he hit the jackpot (£100) I used to get a payoff too.

When I worked in the US I wasn't allowed near the tills because I wasn't female or a jew, so I was obviously a potential thief. :lol:

My work experience was spent in the pathology labs at the general hospital, mainly processing samples from the GUM clinic. I completely fucked up the order of the HIV samples, but since they all came out negative, I kept quiet about it.... :D

Worst job was a cloakroom attenant in a Night Club (Mercedes in Tynemouth, next to the bar called Ben's :D). The kind who looks after coats btw, not the creepy bloke in the bog. I saw some terrible acts of violence there, including someone having their ear bitten off.

Working in a factory in North Shields just off the coast road. They made insulation for offshore oil pipes. The insulation material was like a cross between polystyrene and coal and we had to cut it in sections using big band saws. It gave off this dust that gave you tons of black snot and we had to glue sections with a highly toxic paste. It was physical, dirty and incredibly monotonous. All the lads who worked there were from Seghill where the factory had previously moved from and were psychotic. I got offered the job of factory manager just before i left.

Guest Patrokles

I did work experience with a solicitor. It was pretty good, actually. He just had me sit with him when people came in and then afterwards we discussed football. Took me round with him whenever he went to visit someone's house. The day he went to court I was ill, though, so I missed that. I wasn't too upset, to be fair.

My worst one was working in Iceland (the frozen food place, not the country).

It was especially bad in winter: go in in the morning when it was still dark & cold, work in the cold store (-25) moving boxes of stock around all day in a building with no natural light. Come out in the evening when it was dark & cold. All for just over minimum wage, talk about depressing.