*Tyne Bridge Travel News*

catmag

9 times out of ten its attention seeking as people who really want to commit suicide will already have done it by a more quick, efficient and discreet method away from the public eye.

So Gemmill is right, either get on with it or stop messing everybody else lives up as well!!!

I would tend use the term "cry for help" rather than "attention seeking" tbh.

Crying for help armed with a gun though? I think you're probably right, and you have to have some pity for an individual that feels for whatever reason that they need to do something like that, but it's still fucking annoying.

What happened in the end anyway? Did he hoy himself off?

If he had a gun they were justified in shooting him down imo.

If he'd only gone on the millenium they could have just tilted him off. In fact they could have just kept tilting him up and down until he made his mind up.

:blink:

Got a mental image of them trying to shake him off.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 times out of ten its attention seeking as people who really want to commit suicide will already have done it by a more quick, efficient and discreet method away from the public eye.

So Gemmill is right, either get on with it or stop messing everybody else lives up as well!!!

Crying for help armed with a gun though? I think you're probably right, and you have to have some pity for an individual that feels for whatever reason that they need to do something like that, but it's still fucking annoying.

If he had a gun they were justified in shooting him down imo.

After he'd jumped? :blink: In case he flew into a building or something?

He didn't jump though? I would have given him 10 minutes for 3 options - come down, jump, or get shot. Sorted.

Renton is Dirty Harry. I agree in a way like - it definitely shouldn't have taken them 8 hours to sort it out. Shoot the fucker in the cobblers with some rubber bullets and cart him off to a mental home. That's what I'd have done.

Is this the same Renton who accused J69 of lacking compassion? :blink:

Anyone who carries a gun deserves no compassion whatsoever in my book.

Could have been someone mentally ill with a toy gun for all you would know at the time tbh.

Could have been someone mentally ill with a toy gun for all you would know at the time tbh.

Nah. He'd have been wearing a baseball cap with a perfectly flat peak if that was the case.

First day of negotiator training that.

Edited by manc-mag

Alright, I grant you that, I was under the impression the police knew this was not the case but I might be wrong.

I think "gave himself up" would indicate not. Unless it meant gave himself up unto the Lord. Martyrdom beckons

Should have made him do the zip slide down and taken potshots at him as he did it ala Takeshi's Castle.

:blink:

Class show. Is that all Craig Charles has going nowadays?

'Let's have a look at that RIDICULOUS REPLAY!'

Edited by nufc4ever

There was another one last night who jumped on the bandwagon (no pun intended) This one was decisive enough to jump, but not good enough at it to actually kill himself. Ended up in hospital with injuries instead.

There was another one last night who jumped on the bandwagon (no pun intended) This one was decisive enough to jump, but not good enough at it to actually kill himself. Ended up in hospital with injuries instead.

Did you talk to him catmag?

Did you talk to him catmag?

Nah, I'm not even sure he came to our hospital. We just get tipped off from time to time when there's an incident in progress so we can be ready for the ensuing mess.

Should have made him do the zip slide down and taken potshots at him as he did it ala Takeshi's Castle.

:)

He's a happy clappy Jappy chappy. <_<

I love that show! Hilarious!

I love that show! Hilarious!

What a wazzock. :)

• 2 weeks later...