Youth Hostels

Toonraider

My friend and i just had a good weekend in the Cotswolds visiting the usual picturesque places such as Broadway, stow on the wold and the slaughters.

Anyway a small group of us are going back to Stratford again in Dec for 2 nights, just for some christmas shopping not to mention the Stratford town ghost walk :razz::blink:

Anyhow, whilst looking for a cheap B&B or hotel we found this....have to say i have never stayed in a youth hostel and didnt even think i could now (I thought i was way too old) :D

But this place looks something else! and its so cheap! Think we might go for it. Any of you lot stayed in a youth hostel? I didnt know there were any quite like this one!

http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/hostelpages/197.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only in Australia (apart from field study trips at school), didn't like them in general especially the YHA ones but definitely preferred smaller family run-type affairs. Not sure if that helps really.

I'm above hostels now tbh. And buses.

Me too. I went to loads as a kid until I was banned at 17. They were pretty basic then and most of them had segregated dormitories for men and women, which is obviously shit if you have a partner. I've heard they've been modernised recently and a lot have closed down though. Still, I would go to a hotel personally.

I'm above hostels now tbh. And buses.

Perhaps thats why im drawn to this as ive never stayed in one before! Must admit i had an image of a row of beds in a dimly lit Dorm with hairy dirty blankets on the beds :blink:

But this place is a lovely building.

dont you have to share toliet and wash facilites with like 10 other people in these things?

that would put me off

especially if the guests are like some of you lot and only shower at night :D AND piss on the floor :blink:

dont you have to share toliet and wash facilites with like 10 other people in these things?

that would put me off

Shared bathrooms is a big no-no for me. If it's not en-suite, I'm not interested tbh.

i agree with you....but in this case id take my wet wipes and bleach spray with me!!

I've only ever stayed in them on school trips, which is a nightmare for anyone else staying in them and hence the reason I would never stay in one now.

I can only imagine what that room must have hummed like after you'd polished off your scotch egg, prawn cocktail crisps and umbongo packed lunch.

that would put me off

Shared bathrooms is a big no-no for me. If it's not en-suite, I'm not interested tbh.

I take it you'd never camp, or use the showers at a sports ground or swimming pool as well then?

that would put me off

I take it you'd never camp, or use the showers at a sports ground or swimming pool as well then?

Is this a trick question? Wtf would Gemmill be doing at a swimming pool or sports complex?

that would put me off

Is this a trick question? Wtf would Gemmill be doing at a swimming pool or sports complex?

He's been known to camp on occasions though.

that would put me off

I wouldn't camp, no. I use swimming pools on holiday, but I get washed afterwards in my en-suite bathroom. :blink: And I don't like using the showers at the gym, but I will if I have to.

that would put me off

can be avoided in them places, but thats a one off

not for like a week or something

that would put me off

I wouldn't camp, no. I use swimming pools on holiday, but I get washed afterwards in my en-suite bathroom. :blink: And I don't like using the showers at the gym, but I will if I have to.

Did you type that with a straight face?

Just make sure you don't stay on the top floor, watching the people below out of the window would properly bongle your head. :D

:razz:

I'll let you get away with that one as it made me laugh :blink: