Newcastle United v Fenerbahce, UEFA Cup

Gemmill

Some wag on NO claiming Moore is dropped and it's Van Ramage and Taylor both at centre half. I would be playing Moore and Taylore personally. Stephen "Respect" Carr keeps his place at right back, with Duff filling in at left back.

Which, if true, begs the question: how much of a pre-season does Olivier Bernard need? He's been here nearly two months now and has yet to get a game.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duff could have gone to Liverpool. I know they're struggling by their standards but I bet he regrets that already. I saw him on Saturday like, driving and using his mobile, the little tinker. He's got one of them Jags. Are toon players issued with them or something?

Uefa Cup Group H

St James Park

Thursday, 19 October

Kick-off: 2000 BST

Coverage on the BBC Sport website & BBC Radio Five Live

Newcastle face a potential goalkeeping crisis with manager Glenn Roeder refusing to elaborate on a "minor" injury problem for Steve Harper.

With Shay Given still out with an abdominal injury and recent signing Pavel Srnicek ineligible, teenage keeper Tim Krul is on standby to play.

Celestine Babayaro is available after suspension, but will have to prove he has recovered from a groin problem

Meanwhile, Kieron Dyer (hamstring) is short of match fitness.

Newcastle (from): Harper, Krul, Carr, Bramble, Moore, Taylor, Ramage, Babayaro, Parker, Butt, Duff, Emre, N'Zogbia, Solano, Milner, Pattison, Ameobi, Martins, Sibierski, Luque.

#

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder on the part played by Turkish midfielder Emre in the build-up to the match:

"Emre has been great - he knows all of the players and the mentality of Turkish football.

"They have a lot of talented, highly technical players.

"I think from what I have seen and from talking to Emre that they will probably be cautious to start with."

Guest Patrokles

Some wag on NO claiming Moore is dropped and it's Van Ramage and Taylor both at centre half. I would be playing Moore and Taylore personally. Stephen "Respect" Carr keeps his place at right back, with Duff filling in at left back.

Which, if true, begs the question: how much of a pre-season does Olivier Bernard need? He's been here nearly two months now and has yet to get a game.

Oh yeah? Not N'Zogbia? :)

Could we realistically get something from this match? How are the Delights doing in their league?

After 9 games they’re 2nd in the league 6 point behind leaders V. Manisaspor.

I watched their last UEFA game vs. Randers here in Aarhus. They won 3-0 against a very weak side. Playmaker Appiah and striker Tuncay was their best players, but brazilians Alex and Deivid did also impress. Kezman is still shite tough.

My prediction: Toon to win 2-0 :)

Stephen Carr is playing at right back, so I wouldn't try to use this as a basis for an "I'm right, you're wrong" argument. <_<

Guest Patrokles

Stephen Carr is playing at right back, so I wouldn't try to use this as a basis for an "I'm right, you're wrong" argument. <_<

Whyever not? I believe the intial discussion we had revolved around whether you'd play Duff or N'Zogbia at left back!

Whyever not? I believe the intial discussion we had revolved around whether you'd play Duff or N'Zogbia at left back!

Yeah, and I said I'd play N'Zogbia. I also wouldn't play Stephen Carr at right back. The fact that Roeder gets both full back decisions wrong is his problem. :)

Guest Patrokles

Yeah, and I said I'd play N'Zogbia. I also wouldn't play Stephen Carr at right back. The fact that Roeder gets both full back decisions wrong is his problem. :)

No, you're right. I misread your initial post. Though the bit about who you would play should have been in parenthesis to make it CLEARER! But, no, my bad.