Newcastle United v Fenerbahce, UEFA Cup

Gemmill

Never thought I'd say this but I wouldn't be upset if we played Butt / Parker as midfield partnership in future games.

I agree, I thought the balance was so much better when they were together and we actually played some really good stuff.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought I'd say this but I wouldn't be upset if we played Butt / Parker as midfield partnership in future games.

I agree, I thought the balance was so much better when they were together and we actually played some really good stuff.

Aye, I've said that for a bit now. Only to be told by EMRE'S BOYFRIENDS that of the two, Parker is the one that should be dropped.

Aye, I've said that for a bit now. Only to be told by EMRE'S BOYFRIENDS that of the two, Parker is the one that should be dropped.

I think Emre can go missing sometimes. He did last night.

Depending on if Dyer really has put his problems behind him (otherwise he should get flogged to a horse butcher) I'd actually like to see a midfield combination of Dyer/Butt or Dyer/Parker. With Parker being captain it rather would be the latter I guess.

Depending on if Dyer really has put his problems behind him (otherwise he should get flogged to a horse butcher)

I'll believe it when I see it - the people who admin the fantasy league must be sick of updating his injury status every few weeks to read "Expected back August/September/October/November"

Has there been any discussion of the newspaper stories about his sister on here by the way, or are we intentionally steering clear?

Edited by BlueStar

Depending on if Dyer really has put his problems behind him (otherwise he should get flogged to a horse butcher)

I'll believe it when I see it - the people who admin the fantasy league must be sick of updating his injury status every few weeks to read "Expected back August/September/October/November"

Has there been any discussion of the newspaper stories about his sister on here by the way, or are we intentionally steering clear?

You can't say that and then not tell us the craic. What's the story? I think we fly under the club's radar on here so we should be ok. If not, the mods can delete it.

Story in a red top, think it was the Sun, that she'd been found with a quantity of heroin in her knickers.

Crack surely ?

:)

Due to his injury he picked up after about 5 mins.

Then why didn't he come off?

Then why didn't he come off?

He did go off, but after trying to run it off for about 45 minutes.

He was clearly desperate to play last night and looked gutted when he realised that he had to come off.

Edited by Matty

Does he get injured in 75% of his games then?

Too slow and predictable imo. Thankfully those fuckers didn't have any shots, because Harper looked barely able to walk. Should have put Krul in, Harper should have been nowhere near the starting 11 last night. I watched him second half and he was fucking crocked and blatantly in agony.

Guest Patrokles

When Butt came on I made a special effort to see if it made any fucking difference whatsoever. The answer is no. For the record, I don't want either Parker or Emre dropped.

Guest Patrokles

Does he get injured in 75% of his games then?

:)

What happened to Roeder's shite about not playing injured players? It was obvious from the off that Harper was fucked and Shola's been playing injured all season same as Carr.

He also said that Emre was already knackerd before the game started but was desperate to play.

Edited by Isegrim

Parker looked completely fucked last night. When he went forward he was really struggling to get back and was basically just jogging along and not watching the game.

For the record, I like Emre a lot, I think he's a talented footballer who also works hard. But I don't think we see a lot of end product from what he does and I think this is basically down to the fact that he is just not suited to our team. I can't see a way of getting much out of him with the other players we have and playing in a 4-4-2.

What happened to Roeder's shite about not playing injured players? It was obvious from the off that Harper was fucked and Shola's been playing injured all season same as Carr.

Simple answer. We have no alternatives.

Of course we do. Krul could have played last night, we could be playing Rossi and Le Sib a lot more and we could stick a plank of wood in the ground for a rightback. Ok it's not ideal but it's better than playing blokes who can't move properly.

I love how people always criticise Emre, but not the perfect Scotty P. He was no better yesterday.

I for my part am obsessed. I have never really been a fan of Emre. My criticism is also a counter-reaction to all those people who bang on how GREAT he was again, when in fact he did little or nothing productive on the pitch.

But to assure you, I think Parker is overhyped as well.