If Roeder left tomorrow..

Scottish Mag

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..either through resignation or having been sacked, which realistic manager would you like to see next take on the role of trying to sort out this mess of a team we have.

I honestly think Shearer is the best we can realistically hope for, and he is one hell of a risk, and may not be interested. No proven decent manager will touch us with a bargepole now.

Shit. Just had a thought - what if we get Bruce? :(

God NO!! please NOOO :blush: I could just see this happening though :o

As before GR took over i wanted Big Sam or Martin O'Neil, nothings changed really....they still wont come to us, and why the hell would they? :blush:

If/when Roeder goes it would be nice if things could be handled well and he was given his old role back at the academy.

Yeah, right. This is NUFC and Fat Fred we're dealing with here. He'll probably sack Roeder by text message or something.

If/when Roeder goes it would be nice if things could be handled well and he was given his old role back at the academy.

Yeah, right. This is NUFC and Fat Fred we're dealing with here. He'll probably sack Roeder by text message or something.

Ur sked BTW.

Dont cum n Mon Luv Fred X

Actually, here's a serious one for you that I could see happening; Mike Newell with Shearer as his assistant. I'm not saying I like it, I'm just saying I could see Fat Fred going for it.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

I'd love it to be shearer! no experience big rik i know but think if anyone can sort us out it'd be him, he'd take no shit have instant respect and knows the club better than anyone. How much were the results last year (the good ones after Souness left) down to him? Now he's gone they seem to have gone down hill more than a tad!! Its a gamble yes as any manager is (that we could realistically get anyway) one imo we have to take if he'd agree to come.

Actually, here's a serious one for you that I could see happening; Mike Newell with Shearer as his assistant. I'm not saying I like it, I'm just saying I could see Fat Fred going for it.

I think Newell is a good young manager actually. He's done a bloody good job at Luton but I'm fully aware that doesn't automatically mean he'd be a success here.

Him and Shearer are big mates from their Blackburn days aren't they?

I think Newell is a good young manager actually. He's done a bloody good job at Luton but I'm fully aware that doesn't automatically mean he'd be a success here.

Him and Shearer are big mates from their Blackburn days aren't they?

Can't see it happening personally, although I think a Shearer/Newell combination might just work and would fully support the appointment. Newell won't put up with corrupt agents, remember?

Didn't the Hartlepool fans hate Newell despite him taking them up?

All I've ever heard is tittle tattle and hearsay. If anyone has any concrete evidence of bad things he's supposed to have done, I'd like to hear it.

Didn't the Hartlepool fans hate Newell despite him taking them up?

All I've ever heard is tittle tattle and hearsay. If anyone has any concrete evidence of bad things he's supposed to have done, I'd like to hear it.

Surely that should be more than enough for you to give an opinion :(

drink problem and mental issues tbh. He's still got that kind of uneasy look in his eye, the sort of person who could break down into tears at any moment.

As for concrete proof Renton, what do you want? What do you actually expect someone to come up with? It was well known throughout the town what he was like and he ended up barred from most places. The best I can give is a friend of mine (who has no interest in football at all) met him at someones New Years Eve party (a local sports writer) said alright to him and had Newell bending his ear for an hour on how bad his life was and how everyone hated him. My mate described him as a complete and utter headcase

drink problem and mental issues tbh. He's still got that kind of uneasy look in his eye, the sort of person who could break down into tears at any moment.

As for concrete proof Renton, what do you want? What do you actually expect someone to come up with? It was well known throughout the town what he was like and he ended up barred from most places. The best I can give is a friend of mine (who has no interest in football at all) met him at someones New Years Eve party (a local sports writer) said alright to him and had Newell bending his ear for an hour on how bad his life was and how everyone hated him. My mate described him as a complete and utter headcase

I'd expect him to have broken the law in some way if he was such a head case. Or at least for it to have been reported in the local press. All I hear is hearsay without any substance. For someone who is such a bad alcoholic, he seems to be doing an OK job as a football manager, which is what matters. Also, if he maintains a friendship with Shearer I don't believe he can be as bad as some people make out. Like I say, I'd revise my opinion if I heard anything to the contrary, rather a "friend of a friend told me" type gossip.

He's a friend of Shearers so he must be a good egg? :(

head case as in an emotional wreck. Cant he be one without a conviction? He could have also managed to pull things round since then

His reputation in the town and amongst Hartlepool fans isnt very favourable to say the least. It could have just been living in Hartlepool that did it mind, its a fucked up horrible place

Edited by luckypierre

NO, just I doubt Shearer would be mates with an alchy psycho like some people are making out.

I don't trust people from Hartlepool anyway, period.

NO, just I doubt Shearer would be mates with an alchy psycho like some people are making out.

Why not? He's probably a good laugh after a few. If your mates got a problem do you stop being mates with him? Nice friend you are Renton :o

Why not? He's probably a good laugh after a few. If your mates got a problem do you stop being mates with him? Nice friend you are Renton :o

I'd probably drop an alchy psycho as a mate, yes, actually I have, Begbie springs to mind. :blush:

You know what I mean though. He's innocent until proven guilty, at least by the local press!

Did you used to have a pet monkey that went missing or something? :o

Did you used to have a pet monkey that went missing or something? :o

Of all he managers available I would honestly prefer Sven to any of them. He has faults but he tends to play his best players (although he obviously had his favourrites), keeps a settled side for important games, doesnt fuck about too much and has experience of England.

The last bit is important cos we need someone with some talent and experience. The others havent had that at clubs of our size and he has.

Cant see him working in this country again after his experience with the media here though.

Freddie will appoint Peter Reid before him though.