Happy Hallowe'en!

catmag

Had a fab halloween!! Party through the day, facepaints with the grown ups in the afternoon, took the boy trick or treating for the first time (just around the immediate neighbours) had loads of kids at our door, He said " Mummy this is the best day of my life, EVER" it was so sweet. hope everyone elses was as good!!

Fucking hell, WTF? You need to keep him away from Meenzer love, otherwise he's going to be licking the wrong side of the stamp before you know it the little pansy.

Ah Don't be mean, he's only a baby! A baby who loves free sweeties!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a fab halloween!! Party through the day, facepaints with the grown ups in the afternoon, took the boy trick or treating for the first time (just around the immediate neighbours) had loads of kids at our door, He said " Mummy this is the best day of my life, EVER" it was so sweet. hope everyone elses was as good!!

Fucking hell, WTF? You need to keep him away from Meenzer love, otherwise he's going to be licking the wrong side of the stamp before you know it the little pansy.

Ah Don't be mean, he's only a baby! A baby who loves free sweeties!!!

How old?

Mummy? Bit poncy isn't it. Mammy I can live with but 'Mummy' :rolleyes:

he's always said mummy. I call my mother mum. I like it and I can live with poncy. so ha.

Always thought it wasn't a NE saying, Mum is a NW thing imo.

well as always your opinion has been noted and dismissed. :D

A silly american tradition that has been brought over.

Its the old Celtic New Years Eve tonight...All Hallows Eve as it used to be called after it was chrtianised, All Saints Day tomorrow.....Samhain as the Celts used to call it....

http://www.livingmyths.com/Celticyear.htm

I meant in reference to trick or treating.

.....which originated in Ireland and Britain you tit! :D

The practice of dressing up in costumes and begging door to door for treats on holidays dates back to the Middle Ages and includes Christmas wassailing. Trick-or-treating resembles the late medieval practice of souling, when poor folk would go door to door on Hallowmas (November 1), receiving food in return for prayers for the dead on All Souls Day (November 2). It originated in Ireland and Britain, although similar practices for the souls of the dead were found as far south as Italy.