Christmas shopping

Scottish Mag

Also, my Mum frequently calls the remote 'the channel changer', and blatantly refuses to take her mobile phone out of the house.

What a doofus!

Completely off-topic, but my dad still calls the cashpoint the Speedbank :mellow:

And he wouldn't know where to start with a mobile phone...

My dad has just changed banks because his has moved and he hasn't got a clue how to get out money any other way than going to the counter. Don't think he's even got a speedbank card :lol:

Neither he or my mam has a mobile (well my mam has actually because I bought her one for Christmas one year but to this day she's never switched it on).

I got my Mam a 1gb Creative Zen Nano, as she's been thinking about getting an MP3 player for a while. I was going to get her the 500 odd mb one, but the 1gb one was only 5 quid more. Not bad for £45.

I love it when parents and grandparents get hi-tech stuff. :lol: My gran drove around for years in a car with a mini-disc player in it as she had to have it the minute it came out. She's now got a 30GB iPod with a Bose Soundstation, got Sky + installed last week, and now my mam informs me that she's just this past week got a laptop and wireless internet. :mellow: She's 79.

Aye, well I've probably let myself in for months of showing her how to use it. She hasn't got around to grasping how to text on her mobile - infact anything apart from making and recieving calls has her baffled. It took her ages to get to graps with computers - especially the internet and e-mails. A couple of months ago she was having difficulty using powerpoint.

I've already bought quite a few pressies, but then i have loads to buy :mellow: I've ordered a fair bit off amazon, its brilliant to sit at home in comfort and order from a really wide choice, cheaper than shops and have it delivered free to your door, you cant beat it for books and dvds. Im going back to Stratford in Dec for the christmas market and some more shopping, love it there.

Will be doing everything I can online. Avoiding the shops at all costs, especially as it gets closer to the time. People lose their fucking minds around Christmas.

And I will NOT be going to Tesco on New Years Eve like last year. People nearly died.

Were they in your way to get the last pie :mellow:

Blatantly there for the cut price selection boxes tbh.

There are always a few good stories about last minute shopping gone wrong.

My brother worked at Argos one christmas and the manager let them close an hour early on Christmas eve for working so hard. Cue a bunch of bloke coming streaming out of the workies club and banging on the shutters "Open up, I haven't got our lass a present yet!"

There's the one about the police being called to a domestic one christmas morning because the hubby had bought the wife a new iron for christmas and upon opening it, she battered him with it.

The bloke who stayed in the pub all day on xmas eve and whilst staggering home discovered all the shops had shut and the only place open was the 24-hour petrol station. Mrs opens her presents the next morning to find a 5 litre can of Castrol GTX and a road atlas. :mellow: