RSC

DanTheMan

Dan, you're 16 years old, you have showtunes on your iPod, you LOVE Eurovision, and now you're going to see RSC productions.

I think it's time you sat your mam and dad down and let them in on that little secret you've been keeping. :mellow:

Anyone gone to see any of the RSC productions in Newcastle so far? Saw Much Ado About Nothing last night, was really realy good.

The Tempest with Patrick Stewart in a few weeks for all you Trekkies. :mellow:

He was a classically trained actor long before he beamed up tbh

I really enjoy Shakespeare, me and a couple of mates are going to Stratford to watch a play soonish.. as soon as we can all organise a weekend free, and sort out accomodation down there.

Anyone gone to see any of the RSC productions in Newcastle so far? Saw Much Ado About Nothing last night, was really realy good.

The Tempest with Patrick Stewart in a few weeks for all you Trekkies. :lol:

I really enjoy Shakespeare, me and a couple of mates are going to Stratford to watch a play soonish.. as soon as we can all organise a weekend free, and sort out accomodation down there.

:mellow: What a rah you are! "Ohhh me and a couple of the fellas are off to Stratford for some Pimms and Shakespeare. Tally ho!"

The thought of a group of lads arranging a Shakespeare is........well.......I don't wanna say gay........hmmm.....disconcerting?

What a sad fat bastard, a shakespeare loving window salesman, you couldn't make this stuff up :mellow:

"If Juliet had had these windows up on her balcony, she'd never have even heard Romeo, and things could have turned out very differently for them both, Mrs. Lewis. But enough about Shakespeare, what about these windows? You buy cheap, you buy twice, Mrs. Lewis."

"If Juliet had had these windows up on her balcony, she'd never have even heard Romeo, and things could have turned out very differently for them both, Mrs. Lewis. But enough about Shakespeare, what about these windows? You buy cheap, you buy twice, Mrs. Lewis."

:mellow:

The Tempest with Patrick Stewart in a few weeks for all you Trekkies. :mellow:

Are you familiar with Arthur Miller's work? Death of a salesman would be right up your street I reckon.

Seriously though, going on a lads weekend to watch Shakespeare in Stratford is gay, and this is coming from a theatre lover.

All of you who are going to see Shakespeare - good on ya! Don't listen to the philistines on here.

Mrs and hips jnr are going to see R and J soon.

Going to see Shakespeare was a big favourite for my mother and if it was good enough for her, it is good enough for me.

All of you who are going to see Shakespeare - good on ya! Don't listen to the philistines on here.

Going to see Shakespeare was a big favourite for my mother and if it was good enough for her, it is good enough for me.

Where were you to defend me during my one man Star Wars thread, eh? EH?

Where were you to defend me during my one man Star Wars thread, eh? EH?

tweet, squeek, squeek, meee, squeet, wheeeee.......as the little Dusty Bin-type thing would say!!! :mellow:

Been a few times to see them. Twice in Stratford, once at the Theatre Royal and once in Bedlington (iirc). It's alreet like. Probably wouldn't be top of list of things to do if you know what I mean but it's far better live* than reading Shakespeare out of a book like you did at school.

*Soopafan tbh

Been a few times to see them. Twice in Stratford, once at the Theatre Royal and once in Bedlington (iirc). It's alreet like. Probably wouldn't be top of list of things to do if you know what I mean but it's far better live* than reading Shakespeare out of a book like you did at school.

*Soopafan tbh

Far better than being an ordinary armchair supporter - FACT! :mellow:

:mellow: What a rah you are! "Ohhh me and a couple of the fellas are off to Stratford for some Pimms and Shakespeare. Tally ho!"

The thought of a group of lads arranging a Shakespeare is........well.......I don't wanna say gay........hmmm.....disconcerting?

CHOCKS AWAY

CHOCKS AWAY

You're just a bunch of common chavs
Edited by alex

My parents'll be going along to the lot, as usual. I'll tell them to look out for a lad in a red tracksuit top and ultra-tight ref's shorts. :mellow:

I agree about how much easier it is to understand in the play. When I studied the play a few years back at school I didn't really get any of the jokes, and it was about as funny as death. But I found it hilarious last night, was really good fun!

well at least there are some decent fims around these days to watch decent actors on

When I was a lad it was grim indeed - dreadful local stuff at the Royal and grim movies - all tights and RP

Once the Russians remade "Hamlet" in the mid 60's things improved a bit but it was only in the last 15 years

Several good Romeo & Julliets, McKellans Richard III etc etc