Daum to Newcastle?

Isegrim

http://www.express.de/servlet/Satellite?pa...d=1161779456578

I don't think there is much credence in this story. Daum is a dodgy character (missed out on the job as national manager because of his addiction to the white powder) but a very good manager, making all his teams top table clubs (Cologne, Stuttgart - where he won the title, Leverkusen).

Edited by Isegrim

Cologne - the name electrifies the fans and loads for dreaming in. Because where Christoph Daum is, is also success. Schalkes Klubboss Clemens sound-sneeze has the 53-Jährigen in the internal circle as a desire candidate auserkoren, long no more secret. But: The course probably drove off. Daum hires abroad on. There would be two „completely concrete offers from the foreign country. Not from the federal league “, Daum let align on Thursday. To express information an offer comes from England. Newcastle United has with the ex Cologner, at the beginning of the week of its South America Visite into the cathedral city returned, already negotiated. With table seventeenth of the English premiere Laegue, which ranks only two counters of a descent place, Coach Glenn Roeder stands in the line of fire of the criticism. Its separation is already decided. I am: I search: Older: England of former national coaches Sven Göran Eriksson already separated as an applicant for the freed coach chair. Daum stands right at the top on the desire note „of the Magpies “. He is the man, who can lead with superstar (Michael Owen, Emre) vollgespickten cadre again upward, is called it in England. Daum makes also no make no secret from the fact that the island for it is a place of the fussballerischen luck blessedness. With arsenal coach Arsene Wenger, which he visited recently, connects it a close friendship. „, England had said me much to interest “, Daum in an express interview. A return to Germany is as good thereby as from the table. Still, the master coach deplores, him many club functionaries with large skepticism would meet. And it would so long encounter a comeback the resistance of Bavaria Munich manager Uli Hoeness, is chanceless in the federal league.

:)

this could well be true, i have heard that we are about to employ a new member of staff to assist the 'new manager' so this cannot be Glenda, the member of staff we are after is called pete something eerrmm docherty thats it pete docherty :)

getting me coat now

I'm not really bothered what he gets up to in his private life if he can turn us around tbh.

Those rumours are from five years ago btw. Excellent coach. I'd say as good as any of the top coaches operating in the PL.

From .com

This is Christoph Daum, 53 year-old coach who has presided over title -winning teams in both Turkey and his native Germany.

Currently jobless after having been booted out of Fenerbahce earlier this year, Daum is now being linked with a job at SJP.

The German "Express" newspaper claims that Daum was offered a job at Newcastle (possibly a Director of Football type role) before our victory against Palermo.

It had been predicted that the former Cologne, Stuttgart and Leverkusen coach was set for an imminent return to a Bundesliga club - with Schalke 04 and SV Hamburg both suggested.

However Daum has revealed that he is currently considering two firm offers of employment from clubs outside Germany - with "Express" naming us as one of those.

Daum does have past form for this, claiming in 2001 that he was on the verge of taking the Atletico Madrid job - something laughed off by the Spaniards as total nonsense.

He also enjoyed something of a lurid reputation in times past, a bid to become German national team boss in 2000 backfiring in sensational style, when he fled to the USA after testing positive for cocaine.

Speculation:

First signing?

If the Daum story does have legs, the interesting part of it would appear to be to whom he was speaking and where his job offer came from.

With the club continuing to move towards a takeover situation behind the scenes, it seems reasonable to assume that the so-far unidentified potential new owners would be working on their staffing plans.

Taking that to its logical conclusion, the current administration at SJP would then be able to deny the Daum story (or indeed continued speculation about Sven) with total honesty, having no direct involvement.

I'm not really bothered what he gets up to in his private life if he can turn us around tbh.

Those rumours are from five years ago btw. Excellent coach. I'd say as good as any of the top coaches operating in the PL.

He could still be taking the stuff with his cornflakes as long as he did the buisness for all I care tbh.