Thems

Guest Stevie

If you've got someone to abuse fyckin put it in here of just ignore the thread. You see them threads people have made a big effort fuckin "0 replies 147 views" its a collective look you muh this post is wank.

Anyway, if some can tell me an interestin fact I didnt know about the north east I will dnate Gloves' 10a to a charity of your choice.

Delete this fuckin post Peter please oh dear. What an attention seeking wank. I tell you what there were people in far worse states than me, I had a drink in the house before the game was on hols from work, and got shitfaced afterwards, it was the most pissed I've ever seen toon fans at home for years. Friday night football, I'm all for it ;) How long is it since you can honestly look in the mirror and say I really enjoyed last night at St James' Park. Too fuckin long.

See now you could just let the post sink away. Unless people keep posting in it of course...

Well it would've sunk further if you hadn't have drawn attention to the fact I could do that.

I'll have a go Stevie.

Did you know that the world's first dog show was held in Newcastle in 1859?

He asked for an interesting fact.

Okay then, dog hater..

Geordies are so called because the city was the only one in the North East that supported George I and closed its gates to the Jacobite army.

I'll have a go Stevie.

Did you know that the world's first dog show was held in Newcastle in 1859?

He asked for an interesting fact.

Okay then, dog hater..

Geordies are so called because the city was the only one in the North East that supported George I and closed its gates to the Jacobite army.

He asked for an interesting fact... that he didn't know. ;)

The Freeman Hospital is an internationally-reknowned centre for cardiothoracic surgery.

It peformed:

The first child heart transplant in the UK

The first single lung transplant in Europe

and the first double lung transplant in Europe.

The Freeman Hospital is an internationally-reknowned centre for cardiothoracic surgery.

It peformed:

Am I the only one who feels a sense of pride in those records? I really don't know that I should, as the NHS is all 'for the greater good' and all that, and other centres around UK must have their own great achievements.

Anyone else, or am I just being daft?

It peformed:

I went to school with the lass who got that done.

Munter tbh.

There is a river running under Grey St. and Dean St. called the Lort Burn. This is Old English for "Shit Burn".

A bridge which crossed the burn still exists under Grey St. As it was simply incorporated when the burn was culverted.

It is where High Bridge crosses Grey St. hence the name.

I've a photo of it somewhere. Will see if I can dig it out later.

Just seen Carroll, Ranger and Lua Lua at Forest Hall shops. Carroll parked like a cunt outside William Hill then when I came out of Sainbury's he was in the queue at Gregg's ;)

Edited by alex

Just seen Carroll, Ranger and Lua Lua at Forest Hall shops. Carroll parked like a cunt outside William Hill then when I came out of Sainbury's he was in the queue at Gregg's ;)

A celebratory YumYum no doubt

There is a river running under Grey St. and Dean St. called the Lort Burn. This is Old English for "Shit Burn".

A bridge which crossed the burn still exists under Grey St. As it was simply incorporated when the burn was culverted.

It is where High Bridge crosses Grey St. hence the name.

I've a photo of it somewhere. Will see if I can dig it out later.

like to see it. I'll try googling.

The Scottish language is born out of Northumbrian largely, not the other way around.

I've had this with you before...its not ;)

They are both (that is the Geordie and the Lowlands Scots dialects, because thats what they are,dialects) from the Anglian root of what is now called called Old English.

The oldest existing poem in Old English is by a bard called Aneirin, where he describes a raid form old Northumbria down to Catterick. You can see what remains of it it in the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh, where it was written 1400 years ago.

The Scottish language is born out of Northumbrian largely, not the other way around.

I've had this with you before...its not ;)

They are both (that is the Geordie and the Lowlands Scots dialects, because thats what they are,dialects) from the Anglian root of what is now called called Old English.

The oldest existing poem in Old English is by a bard called Aneirin, where he describes a raid form old Northumbria down to Catterick. You can see what remains of it it in the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh, where it was written 1400 years ago.

:D