Why is it that people on here think the players......

accadacca

won't be up for the ''physical battles'' that are supposedly coming their way in CCC ?

Why would Butt, Guthrie, Nolan, the Taylor twins etc not be up for a game on a wet Monday night in Peterboro ??

There's as many cloggers in the PL as the CCC, and this myth that you have to kick your way out is total crap as anyone would know if you watched any CCC games on Sky last season.

Yes, it is a hard season physically as there are 46 games plus at least 3 in the cup - not even this bunch of under achievers could lose in the 2nd round of the League Cup against 2nd/3rd Div' oppo', BUT even if the squad does lose martins, beye AND bassong, it is still way too good to be out of the top 6.

The gloom and doom on here is ridiculous - last season was crap fair enough, really crap, but there's loads of wins to look forward to next season, visits to grounds not visited before or not for a long time and, the prospect of seeing them down the road fall flat on their arses yet again, with the Smoggies going thru to Div 2. See man, life aint that bad !! <_<

Because most of them showed very little passion, determination and heart last season that a lot of people have lost a lot of confidence in them to put the effort in to fight these physical battles.

If they had little or no determination to keep in in the premier league last season, why would they suddenly show it in abundance in the championship?

My main worry isnt the physical side of things, its the lack of quality in our team, i think in certain areas, we have very mediocre players, even for this league.

Because most of them showed very little passion, determination and heart last season that a lot of people have lost a lot of confidence in them to put the effort in to fight these physical battles.

If they had little or no determination to keep in in the premier league last season, why would they suddenly show it in abundance in the championship?My main worry isnt the physical side of things, its the lack of quality in our team, i think in certain areas, we have very mediocre players, even for this league.

I disagree, it was lack of confidence mainly brought about by the turmoil at the club from September onwards and the mad appt of Kinnear. Players lacking in confidence can be perceived as not battling etc, but I saw no games where they lay down and died.

Plenty of passion etc v Boro, Pompey, Chelsea etc - the overreaction due to the shock of going down is clouding people's judgement immeasurably. The current squad less Martins/Beye/Bassong will be fine - top 6 NEE BOTHER.

If they had little or no determination to keep in in the premier league last season, why would they suddenly show it in abundance in the championship?My main worry isnt the physical side of things, its the lack of quality in our team, i think in certain areas, we have very mediocre players, even for this league.

I disagree, it was lack of confidence mainly brought about by the turmoil at the club from September onwards and the mad appt of Kinnear. Players lacking in confidence can be perceived as not battling etc, but I saw no games where they lay down and died.

Plenty of passion etc v Boro, Pompey, Chelsea etc - the overreaction due to the shock of going down is clouding people's judgement immeasurably. The current squad less Martins/Beye/Bassong will be fine - top 6 NEE BOTHER.

I have to disagree with that completely, although in some games we did step up and look like we were hungry, most of the season it seemed like a lot of the players gave up, and just didnt care, for example the countless times we were beaten or lost two points by a very late goal.

I reckon confidence did factor into it, how could it not? with the constant change in personnel, anyone would feel like shite, but at the end of the day they still get paid to do a job and at times they didnt get their head down and do it.

I think everyone will feel a lot more positive about next season if the club gets sold, but every day that passes that looks less and less likely, all i can see right now is mid table mediocrity, doom and gloom indeed.

<_<

Edited by Bassong Almighty!

There was absolutely no effort at villa. None.

Too true. When they had to come through, they showed no fight at all. They were staring down the barrel of a shotgun and willfully got shot in the face. I forsee no fight when they're getting kicked about by Frankie Fuckwit of Derby on a Wednesday night.

won't be up for the ''physical battles'' that are supposedly coming their way in CCC ?

Why would Butt, Guthrie, Nolan, the Taylor twins etc not be up for a game on a wet Monday night in Peterboro ??

There's as many cloggers in the PL as the CCC, and this myth that you have to kick your way out is total crap as anyone would know if you watched any CCC games on Sky last season.

Yes, it is a hard season physically as there are 46 games plus at least 3 in the cup - not even this bunch of under achievers could lose in the 2nd round of the League Cup against 2nd/3rd Div' oppo', BUT even if the squad does lose martins, beye AND bassong, it is still way too good to be out of the top 6.

The gloom and doom on here is ridiculous - last season was crap fair enough, really crap, but there's loads of wins to look forward to next season, visits to grounds not visited before or not for a long time and, the prospect of seeing them down the road fall flat on their arses yet again, with the Smoggies going thru to Div 2. See man, life aint that bad !! <_<

How did the comet affect the weather up there on Jupiter mate?

cloud cuckoo land.

Where do you live

The gloom and doom on here is ridiculous - last season was crap fair enough, really crap, but there's loads of wins to look forward to next season, visits to grounds not visited before or not for a long time and, the prospect of seeing them down the road fall flat on their arses yet again, with the Smoggies going thru to Div 2. See man, life aint that bad !! :omgwank:

I'm not trying to "p*ss on your chips" marra but I think that you are missing something.

The "fancy Dan" types are targeted in the CCC and rarely succeed, as they seem to think that they are too good to play there and don't put the same effort in as "lesser" mortals.

Please don't forget that for most teams/players you will be their cup finals next season and (also) please don't forget the George Graham adage that you should never sign a player/include a player in a team that believes he is doing you a favour!

To come back up needs a, totally, different type of player (and mindset) to the one that took a side down.

This is one of the reasons that most relegated sides seem to change about 50% of their 1st elevens, replacing the more skillful with workers - Totally, ignoring the need to jettison high earners, because of revenue considerations!

Also, nobody knows yet which of your players will, actually, be at the club when the season starts.

So, on that basis, I think it is just too soon for, objective, predictions.

Not "having a go" marra, just making an observation!

<_<

The gloom and doom on here is ridiculous - last season was crap fair enough, really crap, but there's loads of wins to look forward to next season, visits to grounds not visited before or not for a long time and, the prospect of seeing them down the road fall flat on their arses yet again, with the Smoggies going thru to Div 2. See man, life aint that bad !! :omgwank:

I'm not trying to "p*ss on your chips" marra but I think that you are missing something.

The "fancy Dan" types are targeted in the CCC and rarely succeed, as they seem to think that they are too good to play there and don't put the same effort in as "lesser" mortals.

Please don't forget that for most teams/players you will be their cup finals next season and (also) please don't forget the George Graham adage that you should never sign a player/include a player in a team that believes he is doing you a favour!

To come back up needs a, totally, different type of player (and mindset) to the one that took a side down.

This is one of the reasons that most relegated sides seem to change about 50% of their 1st elevens, replacing the more skillful with workers - Totally, ignoring the need to jettison high earners, because of revenue considerations!

Also, nobody knows yet which of your players will, actually, be at the club when the season starts.

<_<

topper post mate - just dont see why players won't go out on the pitch to try and win - I did on a Sunday Morning and had to pay £3 for the privilege !!

topper post mate - just dont see why players won't go out on the pitch to try and win - I did on a Sunday Morning and had to pay £3 for the privilege !!

You'd have thought they'd have done that to stay in the Premiership though - one.....more.... point....

The way things are going now we could be in for another season of the same (if we don't manage worse and go into administration/liquidation).

At the same time though, if that much adversity or whatever manifested itself as a lack of confidence or lack of passion or whatever in the players, then won't we be just as bad if not worse in CCC? As you well know, we don't have a manager, Ashley is trying to sell again, etc. etc. The situation is worse now that it was back when Keegan fucked off, so while all the sideshow circus shit could've had an effect on the club, it's not like it's gotten any better...

I think todays game makes accas article even more ridiculous.

they were just making a point to Ashley man !! :lol:

seriously though, what it needs to speed things up is for Hughton and Calderwood to resign leaving the club totally rudderless and for ALL the players to hand in transfer requests - I'm sure someone has the nous to be able to ring Ashley's Head office, get a fax number etc.

this would shake Ashley up and perhaps make him more minded to accept either the £48m cash offer on the table or the structured deal that could give him his £100m IF things go to plan for the US consortium.

I think todays game makes accas article even more ridiculous.

they were just making a point to Ashley man !! :lol:

seriously though, what it needs to speed things up is for Hughton and Calderwood to resign leaving the club totally rudderless and for ALL the players to hand in transfer requests - I'm sure someone has the nous to be able to ring Ashley's Head office, get a fax number etc.

this would shake Ashley up and perhaps make him more minded to accept either the £48m cash offer on the table or the structured deal that could give him his £100m IF things go to plan for the US consortium.

That's the point though, doing all those things wouldn't shake Ashley up at all because to be honest he really couldn't give a shit how bad things get - in fact I should think he's having a good chuckle about how much pain he's putting the club and fans through.

people up has been seriously knocked by yesterday's result.

Even though it was a friendly, that was shocking.

Alan Oliver's piece in the People is very depressing reading IF TRUE, and very soon the mutiny that erupted in 76-77 when the players ganged together to ensure Dinnis got the job, is going to look childs play in comparison as you get the feeling that things are boiling up inside the camp.

2010 is World Cup year as well and there'll be a few sweating that their places are going to be in danger by playing in the CCC. A squad full of unhappy players isn't going to get the play offs. Grim reality is biting now.

What a shambles - not even the Mackems could have screwed things up so badly despite all the practice they've had over the last 50 years. B)

You have me confused marra!

Only yesterday, you posted this:

Why is it that people on here think that the players......

The gloom and doom on here is ridiculous - last season was crap fair enough, really crap, but there's loads of wins to look forward to next season, visits to grounds not visited before or not for a long time and, the prospect of seeing them down the road fall flat on their arses yet again, with the Smoggies going thru to Div 2. See man, life aint that bad !! :razz:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=25091

I posted this reply, but you did not respond.

:lol:

Maybe now you will understand what I was trying to say!

Although, I reckon, that you must be on uppers and downers, given your “volte face” in just one day!

:icon_lol: