to all who have said snap their hands off to bids for our players

Andrew

What exactly are you expecting to happen when we have no players?

we'll play the reserve and academy team and for the first time in 3 years we will see passion and a desire to win on the pitch from our team

they won't though (win)

I think most people have resigned themselves to the fact that if we don't sell them, Ashley will just run their contracts down.

The last player to be 'offered' a new contract was Shola. Note I say offered - no one has been offered one and rejected it (including Owen).

I think most people have resigned themselves to the fact that if we don't sell them, Ashley will just run their contracts down.

The last player to be 'offered' a new contract was Shola. Note I say offered - no one has been offered one and rejected it (including Owen).

Edgar did?

I want the names and wages off our books but we'll not replace them. In any other situation i'd drive Taylor and Duff to their respective suitors (and i'd not want any petrol money. I'm generous like that) but knowing that if we let them go the chances of the money being spent on the squad is slim.

By my calculations if these deals go through we'll have made £32 million and reduced the wage bill drastically, probably by around £350,000 p/w if not more. Even if Ashley just threw £10 million our way that would be enough to secure deals for the few semi-decent Championship players we need to fill out the squad and possibly be in with a chance of promotion.

Edited by Ketsbaia

I want the names and wages off our books but we'll not replace them. In any other situation i'd drive Taylor and Duff to their respective suitors (and i'd not want any petrol money. I'm generous like that) but knowing that if we let them go the chances of the money being spent on the squad is slim.

By my calculations if these deals go through we'll have made £32 million and reduced the wage bill drastically, probably by around £350,000 p/w if not more. Even if Ashley just threw £10 million our way that would be enough to secure deals for the few semi-decent Championship players we need to fill out the squad and possibly be in with a chance of promotion.

but thats the problem. He fucking won't!

I know that :mellow:

precisely

the dislikes for players that have grown out of the last few seasons don't matter anymore what matters is that we have a squad of senior professionals who would have a chance of getting us back up and selling the likes of duff, jonas and taylor will be no good to that end when the money is just sitting in MAs bank account

Hes fucking clueless and has wasted the whole summer and in the long term its going to damage him as we as us.

He could have let Shearer reshuffle the pack due to the crazy transfer fees we have been receiving and got a decent Championship squad with very little outlay but most of the decent players have gone. Even now though if he got shot of the likes of Duff, Colo, Guti and Geremi and used even 10 million like you say we could prob get in the likes of Beckford, Tommy Smith, Driver or Commons and a no nonsense Championship defender to replace Colo.

I am not saying we would have a great squad or be favourites for promotion but it would put the club in a better position both team-wise and as an asset for him to sell.

He evidently said in the week following relegation:

* That he wants to sell the club

* That the price will be no less than £100m

* That he'll not spend another penny on the footballing side of the club and he'll recoup as much cash as he can.

He's a fucking mong and given he's levels of stupidity, I can't for the life of me understand how Sports Direct has lasted so long.

Seems like he's doing a 'Sports Direct' with us and trying to get us promoted with about half of last seasons squad.

Get costs down to a minimum by flogging anyone that we recieve an offer for. Bring in(as a last resort) players on loan at minimum cost.

Put NONE of his own money into it.

If we get promoted, he gets his £100m(or a more favourable price). His gamble pays off.

If we don't get promoted/relegated, so what? The club will probably be worth the same then as it is now.

Seems like he's doing a 'Sports Direct' with us and trying to get us promoted with about half of last seasons squad.

Get costs down to a minimum by flogging anyone that we recieve an offer for. Bring in(as a last resort) players on loan at minimum cost.

If we get promoted, he gets his £100m(or a more favourable price). His gamble pays off.

If we don't get promoted/relegated, so what? The club will probably be worth the same then as it is now.

Not if we go down again.

Not if we go down again.

It's a gamble, though.

I'd say on the basis of the WBA game, we look like we'll better than the 3 worst teams in this division.

Only we won't get promoted and the club will be worth next to nothing.

He has three choices,

1) cut and run now and take a substantial loss.

2) Run the club with the intention of promotion by investing some of the cash already received in to new players. If we get promoted he may even get all of his money back

3) Sell our best players, have a paper thin squad, let the club slide backwards and eventually get next to nothing.

1 or 2 are the correct choices, but he seems intent on 3.

1 or 2 will give him a semblance of normality back to his life, 3 will lead to lord knows what from disgruntled toon fans.

He has three choices,

2) Run the club with the intention of promotion by investing some of the cash already received in to new players. If we get promoted he may even get all of his money back

3) Sell our best players, have a paper thin squad, let the club slide backwards and eventually get next to nothing.

1 or 2 will give him a semblance of normality back to his life, 3 will lead to lord knows what from disgruntled toon fans.

Why would the club next season be worth any less than it is now, should we stay in this league?

He has three choices,

Why would the club next season be worth any less than it is now, should we stay in this league?

An investor probably thinks our best chance of getting out of the league is this season. Another season in the championship would almost certainly lead to falling attendances. The players who we have now would be worth less, having proved themselves incapable of getting out of the league and the lack of parachute payment is looming on the horizon.

The only player we can live without at the moment is Colo.

And that's cause he does not look like get better. The rest we cannot afford to lose unless we get other players in.

The only player we can live without at the moment is Colo.

And that's cause he does not look like get better. The rest we cannot afford to lose unless we get other players in.

People keep on saying this about Collocini. I would say the last place we can afford to lose players is at centre half. There is no other reserve centre half at the club who's played a second of first team football.

I've heard good things about Kadar, but asking him to play 45 games in his first season of football is beyond a joke.

I'm not a fan of Collocini by any stretch, but good lord bring in at least one experienced centre half in first before we get shot.

Not if we go down again.

It's a gamble, though.

I'd say on the basis of the WBA game, we look like we'll better than the 3 worst teams in this division.

But how many of the players that played against WBA, do you think will still be here :blink:

Not if we go down again.

It's a gamble, though.

But how many of the players that played against WBA, do you think will still be here :blink:

The flaw in this thinking is that every other team in the division has depth to cover for injuries which we do not. When the injury crisis strikes again (and it will) will we still be better than the 3 worst teams in the division?

Not if we go down again.

It's a gamble, though.

The flaw in this thinking is that every other team in the division has depth to cover for injuries which we do not. When the injury crisis strikes again (and it will) will we still be better than the 3 worst teams in the division?

This sort of ridiculous gamble on squad depth was what got us relegated last year amongst other things. Seriously, how many times will Ashley & Co make the same mistakes before the penny drops? Do they not realise players get injured?