Ramage

gram

Made Garth Crooks' team of the week ;)

Give the lad his due, he never hides and he tried hard but he looked well dodgy to me....

Never gonna be Aaron Hughes :(

Dyer and Given also got in but that was to be expected maybe...

Just looked at it again and Craig Moore is in there too.... :razz:

Edited by gram

Any news on Moore's injury? It sounded like he was going to be out for a while. Ramage, Taylor and Bramble are our only fit defenders now, if anything happens to one of them, we're down to two defenders. Beyond a joke really.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_pre...njury_table.php

Top of the injury table as well, now there's a surprise.

to be fair to ramage he has looked half decent at centre back. certainly not as likely to make a mistake as bramble.

i feel a bit sorry for him being asked to play at left back. he's slow, can't cross or pass with his left foot and doesn't pose much of an attacking threat so he's always going to look shite as long as we keep using him there.

Bramble should play left-back. Has a better left-foot, and has more pace and technical ability. Would also stop him playing at centre-back and let a better centre-back play ther instead.

Know what youre saying but Bramble had the kind of game that Ramage will never have on Saturday. Titus gets stick and rightly so but he has way more ability than either of the 'Geordie Boys'.

He drops too many clangers, of course, but I cant see where Ramage has shown he is a better centre back than Titus.

I thought he was murdered every time down that flank by Hleb & Walcott. :S

Pretty much what I thought after seeing a replay of the match on Monday via a Spanish channel Gol TV.

Ramage always seemed to be too far away from his man and kept sticking his leg out at fresh air. He's too slow to contain the likes of Hleb and is totally out of his depth at left-back, it's hard to understand why Roeder persists in playing him there. I know we are short on players for that position but against Arsenal Duff may have been a smarter choice with Zoggy in his place and Ramage on the bench.

Bramble should play left-back. Has a better left-foot, and has more pace and technical ability. Would also stop him playing at centre-back and let a better centre-back play ther instead.

Know what youre saying but Bramble had the kind of game that Ramage will never have on Saturday. Titus gets stick and rightly so but he has way more ability than either of the 'Geordie Boys'.

He drops too many clangers, of course, but I cant see where Ramage has shown he is a better centre back than Titus.

I think I would rather have a steady dependable with slightly less technical ability than someone great on the ball who is prone to cockup big style (no pun intended). Jack Charlton springs to mind. When asked about being a footballer he said "I don't play football our kid does that. I stop people playing football"

What a load of Bollocks, are you pair both pissed or just stupid or Mackems??

Shambles at CB ??? NO FUCKING WAY IT WOULD BE A DISASTER!!!

Ramage is a good CB, he's not a LB but its a credit to the lad that because we haven't got any fit LB's he steps up to the mark and plays out of position busting a gut for our cause glad to just be in the team its not ideal but its unfortunately our best option!!

At CB both Ramage and Taylor are far better than Shambles, they are quicker as tall or taller and certainly less accident prone and have better concentration. Shambles should have been booted out a long, long time ago, as i've never known a player to cost us so many points/games and he is the major reason our defence is so nervously crap at times he damages the confidence of our team!!

Don't know why the Geordie lads are getting stick they are a credit to our club and we need to play them regularly at CB as they are our best option.

Edited by TOPTOON

What a load of Bollocks, are you pair both pissed or just stupid or Mackems??

Shambles at CB ??? NO FUCKING WAY IT WOULD BE A DISASTER!!!

Ramage is a good CB, he's not a LB but its a credit to the lad that because we haven't got any fit LB's he steps up to the mark and plays out of position busting a gut for our cause glad to just be in the team its not ideal but its unfortunately our best option!!

At CB both Ramage and Taylor are far better than Shambles, they are quicker as tall or taller and certainly less accident prone and have better concentration. Shambles should have been booted out a long, long time ago, as i've never known a player to cost us so many points/games and he is the major reason our defence is so nervously crap at times he damages the confidence of our team!!

Don't know why the Geordie lads are getting stick they are a credit to our club and we need to play them regularly at CB as they are our best option.

I currently rate Rambo as a better CB than Bramble and Stevie T. Taylor just makes as many cockups as Titus but I suppose we'd better give him a chance. He clearly cant be any worse. The big shame is that Bramble is dynamite on his day.

Really cant see the evidence of Ramage ever being a steady, dependable Premiership centre back.

If you find it then let me know where it is and I will take a look.

Personally I cant see where he has had 1/2 a dozen decent games in any position. To say he is dependable based on a few games playing adequately is stretching credibility. He cant pass, position himself, head a ball and is far too slow. That doesnt really say much for his dependability does it?

Bramble isnt the answer but despite his errors he still has more to offer than Ramage. That in itself says it all about our current situation. the point sadly remains that we have 1 centre back who can turn in a performance like the one Titus gave at the weekend. Sad but true.

We need someone who can do that week after week not Peter Ramage.

Nb:I cant really detect the sarcasm in Toptoons post but I sincerely hope it was tongue in cheek.

Edited by gram

Really cant see the evidence of Ramage ever being a steady, dependable Premiership centre back.

Personally I cant see where he has had 1/2 a dozen decent games in any position. To say he is dependable based on a few games playing adequately is stretching credibility. He cant pass, position himself, head a ball and is far too slow. That doesnt really say much for his dependability does it?

Bramble isnt the answer but despite his errors he still has more to offer than Ramage. That in itself says it all about our current situation. the point sadly remains that we have 1 centre back who can turn in a performance like the one Titus gave at the weekend. Sad but true.

Nb:I cant really detect the sarcasm in Toptoons post but I sincerely hope it was tongue in cheek.

Sorry if it seemed that i came over a bit strong before, although i just coulden't disagree more it was meany to be tongue in cheek and i was just having a laugh with you.

Even teams with the very best CB's concede goals sometimes and even the very best CB's make the odd mistake or two ad have off days etc etc.

Ramage isn't a LB and hasn't been good at times playing out of position (which is a credit to him as other pre-madona's would point blank refuse to play there) but in his normal CB role he hasn't had a bad game this season! Alongside Taylor (who has made a few errors but i'd still stick with) he has looked the better of the two this year anyone can look a bit nervous next to Shambles because he gives alot of us nightmares when he is anywhere near the ball, his distribution is awful as is his decision making, sometimes when he hasn't cost us the game people go over the top in there praise for Shambles even though he may have been lucky his mistakes went unpunished that day. We've given him way to long now and he's not the joke of the premiership without good reason.

Sorry if it seemed that i came over a bit strong before, although i just coulden't disagree more it was meany to be tongue in cheek and i was just having a laugh with you.

Even teams with the very best CB's concede goals sometimes and even the very best CB's make the odd mistake or two ad have off days etc etc.

Ramage isn't a LB and hasn't been good at times playing out of position (which is a credit to him as other pre-madona's would point blank refuse to play there) but in his normal CB role he hasn't had a bad game this season! Alongside Taylor (who has made a few errors but i'd still stick with) he has looked the better of the two this year anyone can look a bit nervous next to Shambles because he gives alot of us nightmares when he is anywhere near the ball, his distribution is awful as is his decision making, sometimes when he hasn't cost us the game people go over the top in there praise for Shambles even though he may have been lucky his mistakes went unpunished that day. We've given him way to long now and he's not the joke of the premiership without good reason.

I understand what you are saying. I am not advocating Brambles inclusion. He has had too many chances but I cant see where Ramage has shown in the Premiership that he is likely to be any better. In the two games he has played there he has looked well out of his depth. He is also certainly capable of a fuck up. As is Taylor. Bramble can be exceptional as we saw at the weekend. He can be awful as we have seen many other times. Ramage simply isnt good enough in any way shape or form. I cant see him improving despite a few games in the cups at centre back where he has looked OK. I have always doubted whether Taylor would be decent and at present he is making a bloody good job of insisting he isnt up to it either.

For the sake of everyone with NUFC at heart I would bring in 3 new centre backs as quickly as possible.