New Wembley Pics

Kid Dynamite

Looks decent.

Dressing rooms look shite like...

Its smart but overall was a fuck up.

I hate all this corporate crap,

People should protest.....

(burn the villages ect)

Thats the second time today I've seen you do that. Sort it out or fuck off to N-O

;)

It was farcical which ever way you look at it. The millenium stadium and emirates stadium are just as nice and cost a fraction of the price and were built in half the time.

that's the most sickening thing for me. How is it possible to make such a monumental screw up, when there were examples of "this is how you do it" all around

It was farcical which ever way you look at it. The millenium stadium and emirates stadium are just as nice and cost a fraction of the price and were built in half the time.

that's the most sickening thing for me. How is it possible to make such a monumental screw up, when there were examples of "this is how you do it" all around

Agreed. They should have fucked this up in Birmingham.

Quite possibly because they got a bunch of Aussie's to build the thing and they got their calculations all wrong and collapsed the sewage system when they started to build the super-structure. The plant rooms were under feet of water for weeks on end meaning that they couldn't do any work.

The structural engineer should be hanged from the retractable roof tbh.

It should have been built in the Midlands, somewhere where everyone could get to it, and where they could start afresh to avoid all the infrastructure problems.

Wembley Park is served by two tube stations and has 5 platforms - it has the capacity to bring in thousands very quickly.

I think I'm also right in saying that it has the best transport links than any other stadium in London. Whether it should have been built in the midlands or whatnot is a different debate, but for me, the national stadium should be in the capital of the country.

I presume you mean two tube lines rather than stations? ;)

I pass through Wembley Park station regularly (about once a week) and while it has undergone work as part of the overhaul of the stadium all this has amounted to is tarting up of the ticket hall, footbridges and platforms. The important stuff like capacity of passengers it is able to deal with has remained the same. So for those of you who remember what it was like at the '98 and '99 cup finals, it'll be exactly the same sort of crush if we ever get back there.

The 4th pic (the one below the one with Mr and Mrs Royle in ;) ) looks like you could get fuckin' soaked if you're sitting in the lower tier and it's raining :lol:

Hasn't it got a sliding roof?

Not as such. There are two slidey (how do you spell slidey?) bits at each end, but the roof over the lower tier of each main stand appears inadequate.

Expect to see fans in plastic 'Wembley' ponchos when it's pissing down.

The 4th pic (the one below the one with Mr and Mrs Royle in ;) ) looks like you could get fuckin' soaked if you're sitting in the lower tier and it's raining :lol:

Not as such. There are two slidey (how do you spell slidey?) bits at each end, but the roof over the lower tier of each main stand appears inadequate.

$$$ker-ching!$$$

$$$ker-ching!$$$

My thoughts entirely when I posted it!!!

Piss poor (or indeed, piss-wet-through poor) that.

It should have been built in the Midlands, somewhere where everyone could get to it, and where they could start afresh to avoid all the infrastructure problems.

Wembley Park is served by two tube stations and has 5 platforms - it has the capacity to bring in thousands very quickly.

I think I'm also right in saying that it has the best transport links than any other stadium in London. Whether it should have been built in the midlands or whatnot is a different debate, but for me, the national stadium should be in the capital of the country.

I pass through Wembley Park station regularly (about once a week) and while it has undergone work as part of the overhaul of the stadium all this has amounted to is tarting up of the ticket hall, footbridges and platforms. The important stuff like capacity of passengers it is able to deal with has remained the same. So for those of you who remember what it was like at the '98 and '99 cup finals, it'll be exactly the same sort of crush if we ever get back there.

That's not strictly true - the Jubilee line has added a carriage to all of their trains since last year :lol:.. I was at wembley park for the chelsea semi and I dont think they were using all of the platforms - but I hope they'd now use all four of the metropolitan platforms instead of the usual two (i guess that's down to nice old british efficiency..) - which would help considerably more had they expanded the footbridges..

To be honest, I thought they'd do more - certainly expand the foot-bridges, but the outside is a lot better now I think as well.

But the thing is that it is probably the best served stadium in London with having two lines (although that's not saying much, london stadiums are shit for getting to/away from).

But then isn't the millenium stadium a fucker to get to as well?

Edited by GafferTape

I presume you mean two tube lines rather than stations? :lol:

I love the way Craig winks when he delivers his pedantry. ;)

But then isn't the millenium stadium a fucker to get to as well?

Yup. I would sooner get a train down to London than have to do the trip down to Cardiff again. Not that we'll have any engagements at the new Wembley any time soon. ;)

I love the way Craig winks when he delivers his pedantry. :D

:o

The epitome of hipocrasy! :lol:

Did you do that deliberately? ------> ;)

B)

;)

Did you do that deliberately? ------> B)

:(

definately! :(