favourite footballer (doesn't have to be a nufc player)

tinofbeans

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got loads really but Beardsley is my all-time favourite. Others include Zico, Platini, Zidane, Rijkard, Gascoigne, Baresi, Maradona and Baggio. Always loved watching Zola too.

Got loads really but Beardsley is my all-time favourite. Others include Zico, Platini, Zidane, Rijkard, Gascoigne, Baresi, Maradona and Baggio. Always loved watching Zola too.

I was going to say Beardsley as well. Yes, there have been better footballers over the years, but Beardsley is 'one of us' and I got to see him far more often than the others, and in the flesh as well - not just on tv.

Beardsley, standard response but he was a joy to watch.

other than him, I think it's easier for me to state a type of player I enjoy watching rather than one in particular.

I love pacey players, not afraid to take a man on, be they winger, midfielders or attackers.

It's just a shame that a lot of these players have a certain off-field attitude which tempers my admiration for them. (see Dyer, Bellamy, Lennon, Richardson, et al.)

yeah alex.

he won the european cup in 94 single footedly and was a big favourite of mine when gazzetta football italia was on in the mid 90's.

for my money the most skillful player i've seen was prosinecki, he was definitely not the fastest but had great vision and passing.

For Us it would have to be Pedro closely followed by Shearer.

I think Pedro was unfortunate that in his pomp English teams were banned from Europe imo he would of gone on to be a worldwide name if he had played in Europe in his time at Liverpool.

Loved Cruyff

Pele

Zola

Zidane

Henry

Zico

Maradona

Baresi

Like The Fish, I love pacey players, currently I love to watch Messi. Great player. Also was a huge fan of Bellamy when he was here, thought he was an absolute brilliant player.

I reckon he should have never left tbh.

Was a huge fan of Sir Les too.

Edited by Barney

David Kelly, John Anderson, David McCreery, Beardsley, Shearer for us.

Last last two because they were just brilliant players as well as two of our own. And the first three because they would have ran through brick walls for us. I'm sure I remember Anderson playing for us with a cast on one part of his body or another for most of his career. Mind you I was young when he was playing so my memory mightn't be so good.

From other teams Baresi, Boban, Rui Costa, Cafu, Jasper Olsen (before I knew to hate manure), Stoikavic (spelling?), Hagi, Michael Laudrup, Enzo Schifo & Maradona all come to mind

Jesus, how can I forget Rob Lee.

A few others are Ronaldinho(despite being a lazy shit), Kaka, Gattuso and dominant centre backs. Cannavaro in the World Cup, or Woody at Newcastle in his prime was a joy to watch. I think it was away to Partizan Belgrade, he cleared everything out of the area. Awesome.