Wes Brown

Scottish Mag

And, you wouldn't know true mediocrity if it hit you on the head with a rusty hammer.

:lol: Only because the fall we've experienced under dickwad has been so rapid that we skipped it altogether and opted immediately for "shit", bypassing mediocrity on the way.

proves my point you don't know true mediocrity either.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG HINDSIGHT

intelligent lad, obviously.

Like Dan the brain, who somehow thinks his own comments are hilarious. Odd.

where have you been hiding recently anyway leazes? have you been too busy revelling in the success we're enjoying under shepherd to share your pearls of wisom with toontastic?

this board is far duller when you're not around to amuse us. maybe you should plan to stick around ;)

Do you still think we need defenders more than forwards .. :lol:

And, you wouldn't know true mediocrity if it hit you on the head with a rusty hammer.

Carr - shit

Babayaro - shit

Moore - leaving

Bramble - shit and leaving

Bernard - does he still have a contract with us?

Ramage - can be shit

Taylor - starting to look the business.

Don't you think we need defenders then?

Compare that to..

Martins - still not adapted to the league, but has also been injured

Owen - injured, hopefully back before the end of the season

Ameobi - would have been fit by now if it weren't for the stupid decision to delay his op

Dyer - team looks better with him in it

Sibierski - scoring for fun ;)

Rossi - will he ever be given a chance?

Duff - failed to live up to the expectations Roeder had of him

So all in all, we need quite a few defenders, and one or two forward players. How can you say that the only priority is strikers? If we weren't so shite at defending, maybe our strikers would get more of the ball?

Quite simple dear boy.

One is a judgement I made back in August. Which was based on a thought that we wouldn't score goals or be offensive enough to take pressure off the defenders. And that having lost Shearer and Bellamy from the team of 2 years ago, we had nobody able to replace either of them.

Two, is if you look at our goals scored this season, and goals against, it proves the statement to be completely correct.

So it's simple enough to say we're not scoring goals, because of the strikers? If only it was that simple eh.

Roeder has himself said that he wanted Huth, and we were close to completing the Bridge deal. So even the club saw that we needed defenders; it's just a shame we dealt with both deals so badly that both fell through.

A good team defends from the front unless they have a truely exceptional back 4. A team that has confidence in it's back 4 will push the midfielders into attack more wothout such fear of reprecussions.

Good fullbacks are vital to good attacking play unless you have forwards who can create absolutely everything themselves.

Anyone who has said we need someone who can hold up play is right though, it allows others to come into the attack. It's a team game, you attack as a team and you should defend as one.

All teams need a good finisher but i think Roeder reckoned he found that in Martins, can't see us lashing out again for that kind of quality.

As much as it depends on how much we can spend it also depends on whose available. I think we need 2 good fullbacks and a Sheringham type of player, clever and good in the air, doesn't need to be quick as that we be all around him.

However, i can't think of any likely candidates for any of those positions. People have mentioned Beattie and Davis, they don't fill me with optimism, Beattie's probably a better goal scorer.

+++ STAT ALERT +++ STAT ALTERT +++

You could try and look at the goals for or/amd against this season comapred to the previous seasons and try and deduce some sort of pattern. Perhaps scoring more or less or letting in more or less or even the difference between the two.

After 14 games:

03/04 - F20 A19 GD 1

04/05 - F26 A26 GD 0

05/06 - F12 A14 GD -2

06/07 - F09 A15 GD -6

So, at a glance you can see that YES we are in fact scoring alot less goals than any previous season. Also, YES our GD if worse than any of these seasons, so not only are we failing to score, but we are still allowing the oppo to score.

Conclusion !

We're shit and need Forwards AND defenders.

I thang you.

:lol: Only because the fall we've experienced under dickwad has been so rapid that we skipped it altogether and opted immediately for "shit", bypassing mediocrity on the way.

What does this even mean, Leazes? What are we now if not mediocre? Can you honestly say you think we're good? And before you start (and I'm gonna bold this for emphasis), I don't want to hear about signing England internationals or qualifying regularly for Europe because that doesn't preclude you from being mediocre. We've got internationals in the current squad and we're in the relegation zone over a quarter of the way through the season, and the UEFA Cup is a competition packed to the rafters with mediocre teams - you only need to have a mediocre season to qualify for it ffs. Who have we played in the tournament this season that have been anything above mediocre?

What would you say we are if we aren't mediocre? Just because we've got a nicer stadium than we had when we were "truly mediocre" and our training facilities aren't "truly mediocre" doesn't mean the manager and the team on the pitch aren't.

OMG HINDSIGHT

where have you been hiding recently anyway leazes? have you been too busy revelling in the success we're enjoying under shepherd to share your pearls of wisom with toontastic?

this board is far duller when you're not around to amuse us. maybe you should plan to stick around ;)

putting words in people's mouths again? that's not like you leazes.

we're in desperate need of defenders and forwards. even an imbecile like you should know that.

i'd give my right arm for mediocrity over the shite we've had to watch over the past couple of seasons.

our pathetically useless fat twat of a chairman took over our club when we were title contenders. ten years of his stewardship later and we look relegation certanties.

now if only we had a cunning plan

the only thing it really proves is that you don't know your arse from a hole in the ground

OMG HINDSIGHT

Carr - shit

Babayaro - shit

Moore - leaving

Bramble - shit and leaving

Bernard - does he still have a contract with us?

Ramage - can be shit

Taylor - starting to look the business.

Don't you think we need defenders then?

Compare that to..

Martins - still not adapted to the league, but has also been injured

Owen - injured, hopefully back before the end of the season

Ameobi - would have been fit by now if it weren't for the stupid decision to delay his op

Dyer - team looks better with him in it

Sibierski - scoring for fun ;)

Rossi - will he ever be given a chance?

Duff - failed to live up to the expectations Roeder had of him

So all in all, we need quite a few defenders, and one or two forward players. How can you say that the only priority is strikers? If we weren't so shite at defending, maybe our strikers would get more of the ball?

Quite simple dear boy.

One is a judgement I made back in August. Which was based on a thought that we wouldn't score goals or be offensive enough to take pressure off the defenders. And that having lost Shearer and Bellamy from the team of 2 years ago, we had nobody able to replace either of them.

Two, is if you look at our goals scored this season, and goals against, it proves the statement to be completely correct.

So it's simple enough to say we're not scoring goals, because of the strikers? If only it was that simple eh.

Roeder has himself said that he wanted Huth, and we were close to completing the Bridge deal. So even the club saw that we needed defenders; it's just a shame we dealt with both deals so badly that both fell through.

we desperately need new defenders and forwards.

if leazesmag can't admit that, he's even more clueless than i thought

OMG HINDSIGHT

this board is far duller when you're not around to amuse us. maybe you should plan to stick around :D

Do you still think we need defenders more than forwards .. :D

we're in desperate need of defenders and forwards. even an imbecile like you should know that.

i'd give my right arm for mediocrity over the shite we've had to watch over the past couple of seasons.

our pathetically useless fat twat of a chairman took over our club when we were title contenders. ten years of his stewardship later and we look relegation certanties.

proves my point that you don't know true mediocrity when it hits you with a hammer.

You think regular european football over a decade is mediocre ????? :)

Which we are still in ...

Everybody wants better defenders and forwards, you stupid cunt.

You said that we needed defenders more than forwards, and for that, you are obviously as thick as quite a few others on here, and can't even admit that you got it wrong.

What a prick

if you don't concede you don't lose games.

you tell me right now what is wrong with that statement?

You tell me how strikers could possibly be the priority when we're shipping goals like nobodies business?

you want to sign another striker and what? we lose games 3-4? great, we're scoring goals...woop-de-fucking doo...

you're a fucking idiot Leazes, if you can't see the need for two full backs and at least one centre half you're so far out of touch with reality you should really read an "idiots guide to the 21st century" before engaging in topical debate.

sure we need a goal scorer, but as it is, it's more worth while plowing money into the back four. At least there we can make genuine and noticable change, up front we could sign Henry who scored a goal a game, and still be relegated after shipping two every time our hopeless defenders cross the white line.

but of course, buying a striker cures what ails us..... you truly smack of the Ostrich complex Leazes

:)

:) Only because the fall we've experienced under dickwad has been so rapid that we skipped it altogether and opted immediately for "shit", bypassing mediocrity on the way.

What does this even mean, Leazes? What are we now if not mediocre? Can you honestly say you think we're good? And before you start (and I'm gonna bold this for emphasis), I don't want to hear about signing England internationals or qualifying regularly for Europe because that doesn't preclude you from being mediocre. We've got internationals in the current squad and we're in the relegation zone over a quarter of the way through the season, and the UEFA Cup is a competition packed to the rafters with mediocre teams - you only need to have a mediocre season to qualify for it ffs. Who have we played in the tournament this season that have been anything above mediocre?

What would you say we are if we aren't mediocre? Just because we've got a nicer stadium than we had when we were "truly mediocre" and our training facilities aren't "truly mediocre" doesn't mean the manager and the team on the pitch aren't.

I take it you have no response to this, Leazes. :D I'll ask again - what are we now if not mediocre?

priorities.

get a decent injury free centre back that is consistently a good player.

replace the 2 nodding donkeys we have at full back is an absolute priority. (having said that nobby has fitted in reasonably well at right back since being pushed back there by milner).

then we need a proper target man for people like martins and owen to feed off. also a proper world class winger (seems from what i've seen duff hasn't really been at the races for the last season...)

finally a playmaker that can keep the ball in the middle of the park for us.

OMG HINDSIGHT

this board is far duller when you're not around to amuse us. maybe you should plan to stick around :D

proves my point that you don't know true mediocrity when it hits you with a hammer.

You said that we needed defenders more than forwards, and for that, you are obviously as thick as quite a few others on here, and can't even admit that you got it wrong.

What a prick

when did i say that? you just love putting words in people's mouths don't you?

we're in depsperate need of defenders and forwards, no?

we went into the season with only 6 senior defenders, most of whom are shite. if you deny that you have even less of a clue than i than i already thought. perhaps you're going senile, who knows?

nice insults btw, you sad old fuckwit.

ever wonder why you get into arguments with everybody in every message board you go on?

i'll give you a clue, it's because you talk absolute shite and nobody likes you.

have a nice day now :icon_lol:

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

OMG HINDSIGHT

What a prick

Wow, the art of debate is still alive.

You're how old? 14?

:icon_lol:

You're how old? 14?

No, we're all 14, particularly Rob and Noelie. Whereas he's been going to matches since 1892. Weren't you here when he distributed the handouts for quick 'n' eezy reference?

You're how old? 14?

:D

No, we're all 14, particularly Rob and Noelie. Whereas he's been going to matches since 1892. Weren't you here when he distributed the handouts for quick 'n' eezy reference?

OMG HINDSIGHT

this board is far duller when you're not around to amuse us. maybe you should plan to stick around :icon_lol:

What a prick

we went into the season with only 6 senior defenders, most of whom are shite. if you deny that you have even less of a clue than i than i already thought. perhaps you're going senile, who knows?

ever wonder why you get into arguments with everybody in every message board you go on?

i'll give you a clue, it's because you talk absolute shite and nobody likes you.

tch tch, we don't need defenders as much as forwards, you said we needed defenders more and you know you did, because I deservedly took the piss out of you for saying it. Look at our defensive record. Look at our goalscoring record. Have you seen the team play ? If you don't see this, you are indeed an even stupider little boy than I thought. We had a budget, and he correctly targetted forwards/strikers as the most needed area. If you think the club should have supplied more than 15m quid, then there are plenty of "better" boards better than our shit one -according to you anyway - that didnt' supply their managers with 15m quid. I realise you won't understand this, being hopeless.

It isn't my fault if there are lots of dumb people on these boards who haven't got a clue, like you.

and this proves it :D

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry189745

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry198249

Edited by LeazesMag

OMG HINDSIGHT

this board is far duller when you're not around to amuse us. maybe you should plan to stick around :icon_lol:

What a prick

tch tch, we don't need defenders as much as forwards, you said we needed defenders more and you know you did, because I deservedly took the piss out of you for saying it. Look at our defensive record. Look at our goalscoring record. Have you seen the team play ? If you don't see this, you are indeed an even stupider little boy than I thought. We had a budget, and he correctly targetted forwards/strikers as the most needed area. If you think the club should have supplied more than 15m quid, then there are plenty of "better" boards better than our shit one -according to you anyway - that didnt' supply their managers with 15m quid. I realise you won't understand this, being hopeless.

It isn't my fault if there are lots of dumb people on these boards who haven't got a clue, like you.

funny that, the first thing i saw on that link was this quote from me

honestly. i know we're desperate for a new striker but does anyone expect anything but a season of struggle if we go into september with carr, babba, taylor, ramage bramble and moore as our only first team defenders.

but feel free to continue putting words in people's mouths.

the only thing you have proved is how sad you are tbh

:) Only because the fall we've experienced under dickwad has been so rapid that we skipped it altogether and opted immediately for "shit", bypassing mediocrity on the way.

I take it you have no response to this, Leazes. :D I'll ask again - what are we now if not mediocre?

Hello! Old man! Answer my question!

Back to the original question........... Wes Brown.

At the risk of annoying my old mate Leazes again ;) ala Nicky Butt, I'll just say this. He is (IMO) the best centre back at Old Trafford when fully fit. I'd rate him better than both Ferdinand & Vidic (although I've only seen Vidic on TV) and certainly better than Silvestre.

The problem though, as has been said, is his appalling injury record. I'm a great believer in trying to keep your centre backs consistent injuries permitting so they can develop an understanding of who attacks the ball and who hangs off etc but you can never get a long enough run out of Brown to do that.

Without his injury record you'd be adding at least £10 mill to that rumoured £3 mill. He is a class player. The only other thing I'd say is he's one of those defenders who much prefers to play on the right hand side of the two. He never looks quite as comfortable playing on the left hand side of the pair.

The other thing is that he's known as a bit of a 'lad about town' so should fit in well :D

OMG HINDSIGHT

Do you still think we need defenders more than forwards .. :unsure:

You think regular european football over a decade is mediocre ????? ;)

What a prick

have a nice day now :blush:

funny that, the first thing i saw on that link was this quote from me

honestly. i know we're desperate for a new striker but does anyone expect anything but a season of struggle if we go into september with carr, babba, taylor, ramage bramble and moore as our only first team defenders.

but feel free to continue putting words in people's mouths.

the only thing you have proved is how sad you are tbh

the only thing you continue proving is how wrong and stupid you are.

Back to the original question........... Wes Brown.

At the risk of annoying my old mate Leazes again ;) ala Nicky Butt, I'll just say this. He is (IMO) the best centre back at Old Trafford when fully fit. I'd rate him better than both Ferdinand & Vidic (although I've only seen Vidic on TV) and certainly better than Silvestre.

The problem though, as has been said, is his appalling injury record. I'm a great believer in trying to keep your centre backs consistent injuries permitting so they can develop an understanding of who attacks the ball and who hangs off etc but you can never get a long enough run out of Brown to do that.

Without his injury record you'd be adding at least £10 mill to that rumoured £3 mill. He is a class player. The only other thing I'd say is he's one of those defenders who much prefers to play on the right hand side of the two. He never looks quite as comfortable playing on the left hand side of the pair.

The other thing is that he's known as a bit of a 'lad about town' so should fit in well :unsure:

long time no see.

Even YOU talk more sense than some of this lot :D

I think Wes Brown is good too, not sure if he's better than Vidic mind. I also think you could well win the league this season, and Saha replacing RVN and partnering Rooney has gave you a much better and varied attacking options, I've always liked teams that are set up like that.

And Giggs is playing the best he's ever played.