Blackburn (A)

Matty

Why werent their many supporters there? Why was the tier above our fans empty?

Because Blackburn is a shit team with no fans. ;)

I've never seen Ewood park at capacity, a mate of mine who supports them blames it on too many big clubs nearby.

Yes, I also see the flaw in that logic.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remembered we had a really good shout for a Pen turned down in the 2nd half when Rossi got hoofed in the air.

I'm sure I would have remembered it sooner if it had finished 2-2 like!

Was out of the box and Rossi stepped on the ball basically.

What a weird performance as we dominated against 11 men but then when they went down to 10 it turned to pear shape. The second half was nervous and we were utter poo until Martins finished off the game. We could of done it even earlier had a few chances gone our way.

First half was cracking though!

Why werent their many supporters there? Why was the tier above our fans empty?

We either get half the bottom tier and half of the upper tier, or all of the bottom tier and none of the upper, and that's what it was yesterday.

We must of had around 4,000-5,000 there yesterday, and the attendance was just above 19,000.

We either get half the bottom tier and half of the upper tier, or all of the bottom tier and none of the upper, and that's what it was yesterday.

We must of had around 4,000-5,000 there yesterday, and the attendance was just above 19,000.

Cheers, there were heaps of supporters there! You could clearly hear them on the telly aswell. It was fantastic support.

So Martins' 'wonder strike' was off his shin, then?

If you study Taylor's goal, he was not offside at any time.

The sending off was the correct decision, regardless of what that 'bug-eyed twat' Garth Crooks, Maark Hughes or Sheeera say.

We made heavy work of it, and a bit more composure between Rossi (is it just me who thinks this lad is pap?) and Martins would have made our blood pressure ease a bit earlier.

But, three points is three points and we have to be happy with it ;):D

The sending off was the correct decision, regardless of what that 'bug-eyed twat' Garth Crooks, Maark Hughes or Sheeera say.

We made heavy work of it, and a bit more composure between Rossi (is it just me who thinks this lad is pap?) and Martins would have made our blood pressure ease a bit earlier.

Hughes was (as ever) talking bollocks about the goals being offside. Martins was level with the last defender, if not an inch or 2 behind him and for the second goal Zog's cross into the box doesn't go forward so Taylor can't be offside as its not from a forward pass.

For the sending off when i saw it live on TV i thought straight red, but watching on MOTD i can see the argument that it was out wide and away from the goal so possibly harsh, but i don't think you can knock the ref for giving a red as he was last man and Martins was away from him.

The ref had a strange game, he was impressive first half then turned to shite in the second half deciding to allow Blackburn's hatchet men to kick the crap out of our players yet booked two of ours for about the only fouls we committed!

Have we heard anything on the injuries yet??

I'm hoping the fact we haven't really heard much is good news and that they aren't bad injuries, with Nobby and Sib.

With Emre they said he's having a scan to see if he's broken his ankle but they think he hasn't. But if our club's people think he hasn't then i'm sure he has! Even if he hasn't he could still be out for ages with whatever he has injured.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Hughes was (as ever) talking bollocks about the goals being offside. Martins was level with the last defender, if not an inch or 2 behind him and for the second goal Zog's cross into the box doesn't go forward so Taylor can't be offside as its not from a forward pass.

For the sending off when i saw it live on TV i thought straight red, but watching on MOTD i can see the argument that it was out wide and away from the goal so possibly harsh, but i don't think you can knock the ref for giving a red as he was last man and Martins was away from him.

The ref had a strange game, he was impressive first half then turned to shite in the second half deciding to allow Blackburn's hatchet men to kick the crap out of our players yet booked two of ours for about the only fouls we committed!

For those who only saw the highlights, Henchoz was also lucky to escape a yellow card on 2 previous occasions. I think it's very likely that played a part in Gallagher's(?) decision. Shame MOTD didn't mention it.

With Martins' pace, if he had got clear of that (rugby) tackle he would have been 1 on 1, at a reasonable angle.

Under FA regulations, Lucas Neill should have been pelted with bits of the stadium until he died, for his behavior. So these things even themselves out.

For those who only saw the highlights, Henchoz was also lucky to escape a yellow card on 2 previous occasions. I think it's very likely that played a part in Gallagher's(?) decision. Shame MOTD didn't mention it.

With Martins' pace, if he had got clear of that (rugby) tackle he would have been 1 on 1, at a reasonable angle.

Under FA regulations, Lucas Neill should have been pelted with bits of the stadium until he died, for his behavior. So these things even themselves out.

I'm unaware of the rule on professional fouls, and sending off for being the last man, mentioning anything at all about how far from goal the incident occurs! Henchoz pulled Martins back and tap-tackled him rugby style, to make sure, so he had to go - regardless of how far from goal they were.

I agree with you that the red was right, but i could see where they were coming from about it being out wide etc. But the fact remains he was last man and Martins may have been out wide but he was about to run into the box and be 1 on 1 with the keeper.

And Lucas Neil is just a complete cunt, who has tried to end several fellow professionals careers in his time here, so he fits perfectly with Mark Hughes vision of football.

I agree with you that the red was right, but i could see where they were coming from about it being out wide etc. But the fact remains he was last man and Martins may have been out wide but he was about to run into the box and be 1 on 1 with the keeper.

And Lucas Neil is just a complete cunt, who has tried to end several fellow professionals careers in his time here, so he fits perfectly with Mark Hughes vision of football.

The irony being that 2 of them were Liverpool players at the time, and now they're going to sign him?

I agree that saying that it wasn't a red is reasonable, it's just not right. ;)

Edited by ObaGol

The irony being that 2 of them were Liverpool players at the time, and now they're going to sign him?

I agree that saying that it wasn't a red is reasonable, it's just not right. ;)

Even if it really wasn't a red (which it was!) the fact that it pissed of Mark Hughes and maybe helped drag his team (with the likes of Neill, Savage et al) into a relagtion battle is good enough for me!

Thats true about Neil as well, if i was Bellamy and Carragher i'd tell Benitez that if he signs him then he should expect to see him ending his first training session with a broken leg.

Don't think the angle was particularly reasonable myself, the ball was pinging off towards the dead ball line parallel to the touchline. There was definitely a case for a red card, but we'd have been seething if it'd been given against us.

From .com

The news isn't quite as bad as first feared, Emre not having suffered a break and he and Solano may only be missing for two games while Sibierski could even feature at Chelsea on Wednesday.

was checking Physioroom to see if they had owt, but nope.

What I did notice is that the teams in the bottom 3 (Charlton, Watford and West Ham) are each only missing 3 players, and it's only Ashton and King that strike me as having the ability to really do anything about their clubs predicament.

Ashton is out until the end of December, King for the season. I can't see them getting out of this shit they're in unless they buy in the window.

If that's the case, surely that takes pressure of the rest of the clubs who were, potentially, in that dogfight. I include us in that.

I guess what I'm thinking is.. would it be worth our while putting our spending on hold?

just late night musings I s'pose.

But, three points is three points and we have to be happy with it <_<:)

The red card could have been classed as harsh for that one challenge alone but Sky also showed a challenge on Martins early doors that clearly warranted a yellow so the red was more than merited.

Hughes is nearly as annoying as Coleman.

From .com

The news isn't quite as bad as first feared, Emre not having suffered a break and he and Solano may only be missing for two games while Sibierski could even feature at Chelsea on Wednesday.

was checking Physioroom to see if they had owt, but nope.

What I did notice is that the teams in the bottom 3 (Charlton, Watford and West Ham) are each only missing 3 players, and it's only Ashton and King that strike me as having the ability to really do anything about their clubs predicament.

Ashton is out until the end of December, King for the season. I can't see them getting out of this shit they're in unless they buy in the window.

If that's the case, surely that takes pressure of the rest of the clubs who were, potentially, in that dogfight. I include us in that.

I guess what I'm thinking is.. would it be worth our while putting our spending on hold?

just late night musings I s'pose.

It might be prudent to at least temper our spending, but this is NUFC--all or nothing.

taylor's goal looked offside to me. nowt wrong with oba's though. and their blurk was the last man so by the letter of the law he had to go...not that i wouldn't be screwing if we'd been on the receiving end of that decision

can't be from Zoggy's cross, Zoggy's pass goes backwards or horizontal at the very worst... it's not a forward pass.

<_< what?

I think we need to debunk this myth now once and for all (someone on NO was saying this too).. Here is a visual example:

offsideje4.jpg

That is offside!