Suicide

adios

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend of mine did it last Tuesday. Don't worry though - he didn't disrupt any of your journey's home from work by jumping off the bridge.

Any indication beforehand?

He'd want to be some man to disrupt my journey home! Sorry. :(

Friend of mine did it 5 years ago. Taught me one thing, its nothing but a waste. Doesn't solve anything and causes alot of pain for others. Guess it shows the level of desperation some folk reach.

It's a selfish, cowardly thing to do.

Never been directly affected by it, but have seen the effects on close friends of mine.

A guy I went to school with was working in Ireland with his dad, just doing some laboring. His dad comes home to the Hotel from the pub, find Chris swinging from his neck.

I have no sympathy for people who attempt suicide either. I'd love to find out exactly how many truly want to die, and how many are just doing it for attention.

and these fuckers who jump off bridges into traffic or the path of trains are fucking subhuman scum tbh.

Never been directly affected by it, but have seen the effects on close friends of mine.

A guy I went to school with was working in Ireland with his dad, just doing some laboring. His dad comes home to the Hotel from the pub, find Chris swinging from his neck.

I have no sympathy for people who attempt suicide either. I'd love to find out exactly how many truly want to die, and how many are just doing it for attention.

and these fuckers who jump off bridges into traffic or the path of trains are fucking subhuman scum tbh.

You haven't been directly affected then you haven't got a fucking clue. You might think about a slightly more compassionate, empathetic and understanding approach before you finish your degree and are let loose on the general public.

:(

Don't really think that one through do they!

My mate did it at school. Hung himself when he was 12. Very hard for me to understand when I was 11 and now I'm 22 I still don't understand why he did it. Just a tragic waste of a good life.

You haven't been directly affected then you haven't got a fucking clue. You might think about a slightly more compassionate, empathetic and understanding approach before you finish your degree and are let loose on the general public.

She's got a point, like, that's a shocking attitude who wants to be a psychologist(?)

She's got a point, like, that's a shocking attitude who wants to be a psychologist(?)

You two need to read the post before damning me.

The people who do it cause untold pain and suffering to those they leave behind. If I need deal with the mess of someone being so selfish, then of course I'd be tactful, but this is an internet message forum, where none of you are seeking couselling, especially not from me.

I cannot have sympathy for the people who attempt suicide because it's not in my nature. If I knew of a person who was contemplating it I'd certainly want to change their mind, search for the cause of their anguish and fix it. But I wouldn't for one minute think "Oh poor You" Suicide is a cowards way out and as such I'm not going to sympathise. If you're angry because you think I don't get the pain that the person leaves, then you didn't read the post. If you are angry because I don't care about the one who has died, then fine, because in committing suicide they've dumped all their misery onto someone else and fucked off.

unforgivable to me.

(p.s. I didn't see Cats post and would have phrased it better if I had)

Edited by The Fish

Never mind being a psychologist, it was a pretty fucking insensitive thing to say when a few posts earlier someone posts that their friend committed suicide last week ffs.

You're not posting from beyond the grave, are you? :(

What's the internet connection like up there?

Never mind being a psychologist, it was a pretty fucking insensitive thing to say when a few posts earlier someone posts that their friend committed suicide last week ffs.

You're not posting from beyond the grave, are you? :(

What's the internet connection like up there?

Heavenly. :D

Can't really argue here though. I respect someone's decision to end their own life, but you can't justify taking a random person with you.

I dont think anyone can truly say they understand those that contemplate suicide, what makes a person want to end it all? how can things get so bad that the only way out is by leaping off a bridge/ hanging yourself etc? A persons life must seem so empty to have to even think it.

How does a person choose how to do it? You would think that most people would want to down a cocktail of pills and just go to sleep yet some make elaborate plans involving baths, razor blades etc.

I've never been directly affected by it but have had a few experiences, as Ive posted lately Ive seen a body float down the river, them pull two others out (one survived) and about 12 years ago I was on the top deck of the bus going along the West Rd at 6.30 am to see a bloke on the other side of a high wall hanging from a tree. I can tell you regardless of the fact I didnt know him, it still haunts me to this day.

My brother had a friend who killed himself, rang my bro up one night and said "do you fancy a beer?" me bro was busy so couldnt make it, next day he was told he'd hung himself. That fucked wor kid up a lot more than he lets on, wondering if he'd gone for the drink whether the lad would still be alive.

Sorry to hear about your friend Cath.

Can't really argue here though. I respect someone's decision to end their own life, but you can't justify taking a random person with you.

How is that taking someone with you? Although, it's obviously pretty thoughtless to put people through that kind of emotional trauma.

I had no idea that it was this prevalent, I've never even known anyone who was directly afftected by it.

Friend of mine did it 5 years ago. Taught me one thing, its nothing but a waste. Doesn't solve anything and causes alot of pain for others. Guess it shows the level of desperation some folk reach.

Presumably if your friend was going through a lot of pain, it solved that?

How is that taking someone with you?

What I meant, and I guessed Fish meant, is people jumping into traffic, or worse driving into traffic which could cause an accident.

There was a story not too long ago (it even got posted on here i think)... I remember reading about this guy who wanted to comit suicide and decided to drive into another car, he survived the head on collision but the woman and her baby in the other car did not.

Guest Patrokles

Personally I think it's far more selfish to demand someone carry on living just to edify their friends and family. If someone's miserable enough to want to die, then to want them to live longer just so it doesn't make you feel upset is a bit much. Let's be honest, even when life isn't bad, it's still mostly boring with flashes of great enjoyment, which most people live for. It's like working 9-5 every day and waiting for the weekend. Personally I believe that most things in life aren't worth getting upset/down over, and in normal circumstances I'd never even contemplate suicide, because I know shit works out fine. But personally, over the last 2 years, I've been faced with a health problem that doesn't look like it's every going to be resolved. There's nothing I can do about it. Talking about it doesn't help, it can't be just gotten over or ignored, and I can't work through it, like I have been able to whenever anything else has gone wrong for me. I tell you something, I'm certainly not willing to spend the rest of my life like this, and anyone who wants me to just so it doesn't affect them is more selfish than any suicide.

Presumably if your friend was going through a lot of pain, it solved that?

not really, the suicide just transferred his friends pain to other people.