Steve Harper : Referee

Kid Dynamite

Obviously Harper has a lot more time on his hands than most but it would be a canny idea for more professionals to do a bit of refereeing, to see what's it like on the other side of the fence. We might get a bit more respect for the officials.

Obviously Harper has a lot more time on his hands than most but it would be a canny idea for more professionals to do a bit of refereeing, to see what's it like on the other side of the fence. We might get a bit more respect for the officials.

I've only refereed one match in my entire life. It's really a totally different perspective. They were about to lynch me afterwards. I was probably a tad bit lenient. At one point even a player came up to me and said me that it was in fact a foul. :)

I staid away from every whistle afterwards.

Personally, I think regardless who the ref is, they will never get the respect they really deserve, as they will always end up pissing off somebody, it is inevitable. I think it is a good idea that ex-players should try their hand at it, but it wont make any difference in the grand scheme of things.

Would Harper ever be allowed to referee one of our games? Are there any rules to stop that sort of thing happening?

good luck to him, only ever ran the line and hated having to do that. Never had the concentration.

Hasn't Harper got an Open University degree as well? You have to say like, at least he's productively using his time and not drinking, gambling, and snorting coke off a hooker's tits.

I really can't think of my more productive things to do with my time than that tbh :)

Hasn't Harper got an Open University degree as well? You have to say like, at least he's productively using his time and not drinking, gambling, and snorting coke off a hooker's tits.

As a hardworking medical undergraduate, let alone one of these part-time Open Uni skivs, let me assure you there is plenty of time for all that as well. ;)