TOON V WATFORD

TOPTOON

Alot of guesswork with our injury's. Hoping Dyer, Nobby and Parker are back and perhaps Duff.

Given

Solano? Taylor Ramage Baba? (suspended for this game or is it Chelski in the cup?)

Milner Butt Parker Duff?

Martins? Dyer

Pav

Hunty

The Sib?

Luque

Pattison/O'brien

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baba is available for this game. Missing from Chelsea in the Carling Cup.

Possibility of Nobby, Parker and Dyer back for this game. Not sure how bad Emre's injury is.

Roeder also says a few players picked up knocks against Chelsea and finished the game, but are doubts for Saturday.

EDIT: From BBC:

Michael Owen

Damien Duff

Kieron Dyer

Scott Parker

Titus Bramble

Emre

Nolberto Solano

Tim Krul

Shola Ameobi

Olivier Bernard

Craig Moore

Stephen Carr

Steve Harper

Charles N'Zogbia

Antoine Sibierski

That is ridiculous like. And with the frequency of games over Christmas it's unlikely to get better. Might have to a Boro at this rate.

EDIT: From BBC:

Michael Owen

Damien Duff

Kieron Dyer

Scott Parker

Titus Bramble

Emre

Nolberto Solano

Tim Krul

Shola Ameobi

Olivier Bernard

Craig Moore

Stephen Carr

Steve Harper

Charles N'Zogbia

Antoine Sibierski

That is genuinely pretty much a (although not the) 1st team completely out. <_<

.com says that hopes are high for Dyer, Emre, Parker, Duff and Nobby. Sib and Zoggy out though

IF (could be a big IF) they all actually do make it. Its going to be tough finding room in the starting XI for Parker, Emre and Butt. Depends on who's the fittest i suppose, but f they all are i'd go:

Given

Nobby Taylor Ramage Baba

Milner Parker Emre Duff

Martins Dyer

Subs

Pav

Hunty - impressive debut, but Nobby's been fantastic at RB.

Butt (doesn't deserve to be benched i know)

o'brien - think he needs another shot

Rossi/Pattison/Luque

Good team imo!! Very pacey, full of creativity and energy. Not enough height though (Hunty would provide that but i'd still start with the above). Predicted MOM - Emre (if he plays).

Edited by TOPTOON

.com says that hopes are high for Dyer, Emre, Parker, Duff and Nobby. Sib and Zoggy out though

IF (could be a big IF) they all actually do make it. Its going to be tough finding room in the starting XI for Parker, Emre and Butt. Depends on who's the fittest i suppose, but f they all are i'd go:

Given

Nobby Taylor Ramage Baba

Milner Parker Emre Duff

Martins Dyer

Subs

Pav

Rossi/Pattison/Luque

Good team imo!! Very pacey, full of creativity and energy. Not enough height though (Hunty would provide that but i'd still start with the above). Predicted MOM - Emre (if he plays).

If Roeder starts with Parker it will be a disgrace imo. His absence, and the absence of Carr, has been instrumental to our recent good form.

Given

Nobby Taylor Ramage Baba

Milner Parker Emre Duff

Martins Dyer

Subs

Pav

Rossi/Pattison/Luque

If Roeder starts with Parker it will be a disgrace imo. His absence, and the absence of Carr, has been instrumental to our recent good form.

I think you're being harsh saying Parkers absence has been key to our good form. It's more the fact that he's played Emre in his propper position. He could have done that with Parker no problem.

Which is not to suggest Butt deserves to be dropped in any way.

i can't see a place for parker in the starting eleven on current form assuming all of the below are fit:

Given

Nobby Taylor Ramage Baba

Milner Butt Emre Duff

Martins Dyer

Duff, Dyer, Sibierski, Parker and Emre back in training. Solano not ready yet.

Training today

.co.uk

GR's Official Fitness Update

GLENN Roeder was happy to see Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Emre, Antoine Sibierski and Damien Duff back out on the training pitch on Friday ahead of the visit of Watford to St. James' Park this weekend.

But there was also some bad news for the Newcastle United boss as he confirmed Charles N'Zogbia is unlikely to play again until after Christmas after suffering a knee injury at Chelsea in midweek.

Skipper Parker (back), Dyer (gashed leg), Emre (ankle), Sibierksi (achilles) and Duff (knee) have all been among the lengthy list of casualties at various stages for the Magpies in recent weeks, but the sight of those players being put through their paces by the coaching staff on Friday morning was a welcome one for the manager.

The gaffer refused to give away too many secrets ahead of hosting the Hornets at Gallowgate, but did say: "They all trained on Friday and they are all in the squad, which is good news.

"We have got a lot of strength in those areas of the squad, but defensively it's very hard for us just now. We have Titus (Bramble) and Craig (Moore) maybe out for another month or so, plus Stephen Carr and Nobby Solano, who has done very well at right-back for us, still missing.

"But the very fact the other five were out there training means they are fit. Some are fitter than others in terms of match fitness, some will be starters, some may be non-starters but will make the bench because they have had a few days' training."

Giving an update on N'Zogbia, Glenn added: "Charles has some ligament damage but it will be the middle of next week when we know more in terms of his recovery time.

"But I am looking at him being out for a few weeks, ruling him out this side of Christmas. It's a real blow for us and the boy.

"The good news as far as Charles is concerned is that he won't need an operation. It's just a case of rehab with the physio and then building him back up to full fitness."

Probable team v Watford:

Given

Huntington Taylor Ramage Babayaro

Dyer Butt Parker Milner

Sibierski Martins

Subs:

Srnicek

Emre

Duff

Rossi

Pattison

PS. On current form Butt and Emre should start, but I don't think Roeder will drop his captain.

Duff, Dyer, Sibierski, Parker and Emre back in training. Solano not ready yet.

Training today

.co.uk

GR's Official Fitness Update

GLENN Roeder was happy to see Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Emre, Antoine Sibierski and Damien Duff back out on the training pitch on Friday ahead of the visit of Watford to St. James' Park this weekend.

But there was also some bad news for the Newcastle United boss as he confirmed Charles N'Zogbia is unlikely to play again until after Christmas after suffering a knee injury at Chelsea in midweek.

Skipper Parker (back), Dyer (gashed leg), Emre (ankle), Sibierksi (achilles) and Duff (knee) have all been among the lengthy list of casualties at various stages for the Magpies in recent weeks, but the sight of those players being put through their paces by the coaching staff on Friday morning was a welcome one for the manager.

The gaffer refused to give away too many secrets ahead of hosting the Hornets at Gallowgate, but did say: "They all trained on Friday and they are all in the squad, which is good news.

"We have got a lot of strength in those areas of the squad, but defensively it's very hard for us just now. We have Titus (Bramble) and Craig (Moore) maybe out for another month or so, plus Stephen Carr and Nobby Solano, who has done very well at right-back for us, still missing.

"But the very fact the other five were out there training means they are fit. Some are fitter than others in terms of match fitness, some will be starters, some may be non-starters but will make the bench because they have had a few days' training."

Giving an update on N'Zogbia, Glenn added: "Charles has some ligament damage but it will be the middle of next week when we know more in terms of his recovery time.

"But I am looking at him being out for a few weeks, ruling him out this side of Christmas. It's a real blow for us and the boy.

"The good news as far as Charles is concerned is that he won't need an operation. It's just a case of rehab with the physio and then building him back up to full fitness."

Probable team v Watford:

Given

Huntington Taylor Ramage Babayaro

Dyer Butt Parker Milner

Sibierski Martins

Subs:

Srnicek

Emre

Duff

Rossi

Pattison

PS. On current form Butt and Emre should start, but I don't think Roeder will drop his captain.

Looks a decent team IMO.

Looks a decent team IMO.

The first thing I notice is that it's short of quality in the wide positions. I'm worried Parker might hold up play as well. Still should be enough to beat the likes of Watford you would hope though.

Looks a decent team IMO.

The first thing I notice is that it's short of quality in the wide positions. I'm worried Parker might hold up play as well. Still should be enough to beat the likes of Watford you would hope though.

How do we know who is fully fit? Is that the best team under these circumstances? I dunno. Should be enough to beat Watford though.

Questions have got to be asked about our training regime if we're getting this many injuries, shirley?

Don't know. I was very critical about the amount of muscle injuries under Souness and thought they must come for a bad training regime/pre-match preparation. Now we have a lot of injuries that come from challenges in matches, e.g. N'Zogbia, Emre, Parker, Bramble or a freak incident like in the case of Dyer. This time it rather really looks like bad luck to me and not as a self-made problem.