Team V Brum

TOPTOON

Fuck... yeap, we are left regretting those missed chances and the lack of cutting edge in the last third.

a new defender or two should cure that :yes

We need a striker AND defenders. That is obvious to even the most blinkered pleb. However, anyone who feels our current back four are capable of competing in the Premiership for the rest of the season needs their head read. :yes

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck... yeap, we are left regretting those missed chances and the lack of cutting edge in the last third.

No, you're perfectly right, we don't need any defenders. What a tool.

my view which has been posted often is that we need an out and out forward far more. I have explained the strategy behind it, which is obvious to a blind man if you watch the team and understand what you are watching. I don't think defending a rearguard action better is the key to scoring more goals and winning games, it is holding the ball up front and defenders don't do that. If you can't see this, you are nothing but a total knacker.

Think everyone is aware that someone other than Bombadil has their hands on that accolade. :yes

Save conceeding two goals to a championship team though, eh.

better possession and killing the game off and scoring a 3rd goal would as well...

I could ask how many times you have seen the team play.....

but it is blindlingly obvious that the trouble with this team is an inability to hold the ball up front, in todays case the game should have been dead and buried

There are many troubles with the team, of which that is indeed one of them. However, it's also clear to see that even with Henry and Drogba up front, this team would still conceed goals with their current defenders.

Personally, I'd love to see us sign a new striker, along with a couple of new midfielders and 4 new defenders. However, when you look at the squad, forgetting the injuries, we're much stronger up front than we are at the back. I think we should be looking to bring a cheap striker in (Viduka for example) and invest in a couple of good defenders.

We need a striker AND defenders. That is obvious to even the most blinkered pleb. However, anyone who feels our current back four are capable of competing in the Premiership for the rest of the season needs their head read. :yes

you obviously expect the shit board to provide more funds - again - than better boards. You need your head read.

The game today should have been dead and buried, the best defenders find it difficult if the people in front of them can't hold the ball and allow teams to attack them, or finish off games when you are in front. Get your head read again.

Oh, and look at our defensive record. And ask yourself who will score the goals if Martins is injured.

To support Newcassel is like inviting the worst case of manic depression to invade your mind :yes

But then again, when the Lads are playing against 10 men of the Championship league one should expect the worst and not be surprised or disgusted with the outcome and be delighted that we didn't lose :yes

better possession and killing the game off and scoring a 3rd goal would as well...

but it is blindlingly obvious that the trouble with this team is an inability to hold the ball up front, in todays case the game should have been dead and buried

There are many troubles with the team, of which that is indeed one of them. However, it's also clear to see that even with Henry and Drogba up front, this team would still conceed goals with their current defenders.

Personally, I'd love to see us sign a new striker, along with a couple of new midfielders and 4 new defenders. However, when you look at the squad, forgetting the injuries, we're much stronger up front than we are at the back. I think we should be looking to bring a cheap striker in (Viduka for example) and invest in a couple of good defenders.

you don't want much from a shite board.

I don't agree we are strong up front. Ameobi isn't good enough. Sibierski is playing above himself and is a midfield player anyway. Martins and Owen may not be able to play together. It doesn't leave much does it ?

You should "plan" a bit better, we need at least one forward. The big money should be spent on that.

We need a striker AND defenders. That is obvious to even the most blinkered pleb. However, anyone who feels our current back four are capable of competing in the Premiership for the rest of the season needs their head read. :razz:

you obviously expect the shit board to provide more funds - again - than better boards. You need your head read.

The game today should have been dead and buried, the best defenders find it difficult if the people in front of them can't hold the ball and allow teams to attack them, or finish off games when you are in front. Get your head read again.

Oh, and look at our defensive record. And ask yourself who will score the goals if Martins is injured.

Did you see the game today? Funny how you can comment on exactly what the problem was, yet others aren't allowed to because they don't see the games :yes

To support Newcassel is like inviting the worst case of manic depression to invade your mind :razz:

But then again, when the Lads are playing against 10 men of the Championship league one should expect the worst and not be surprised or disgusted with the outcome and be delighted that we didn't lose :yes

Good job you weren;t supporting Sheffield United today, or victims of Wycombe in the League Cup .... :yes

Unrealistic rubbish.

I don't agree we are strong up front. Ameobi isn't good enough. Sibierski is playing above himself and is a midfield player anyway. Martins and Owen may not be able to play together. It doesn't leave much does it ?

You should "plan" a bit better, we need at least one forward. The big money should be spent on that.

So our defenders are good enough for the 5th best team in England? Why then were we bidding for Huth, Bridge and Lucas Neill?

Should have bought two strikers in summer rather than wasting money on Duff tbh

We need a striker AND defenders. That is obvious to even the most blinkered pleb. However, anyone who feels our current back four are capable of competing in the Premiership for the rest of the season needs their head read. :razz:

Did you see the game today? Funny how you can comment on exactly what the problem was, yet others aren't allowed to because they don't see the games :yes

judgement made over several games this season, but it didn't take many to make it, and its been confirmed many times over.

So our defenders are good enough for the 5th best team in England? Why then were we bidding for Huth, Bridge and Lucas Neill?

Should have bought two strikers in summer rather than wasting money on Duff tbh

Duff is a "long term plan" ie Solano getting older, and Zoggy being young. YOu should be applauding that :yes

If you think he IS surplus, we should have spent the money on another striker if anything.

judgement made over several games this season, but it didn't take many to make it, and its been confirmed many times over.

No it hasn't. It's just your opinion, nothing has been confirmed at all. When our defender make stupid mistakes, you blame the strikers for not scoring more, or holding the ball up. If that were the case, why are Chelsea struggling to cope without John Terry? Why do the big clubs invest so much in defenders these days?

No it hasn't. It's just your opinion, nothing has been confirmed at all. When our defender make stupid mistakes, you blame the strikers for not scoring more, or holding the ball up. If that were the case, why are Chelsea struggling to cope without John Terry? Why do the big clubs invest so much in defenders these days?

Don't bite Gol. Your reasoned approach will be blown to bits in seconds by the self-proclaimed NUFC Oracle :razz:

We need a decent forward (that would compliment Owen/Martins most preferably), but we also seriously need several good quality defenders and probably even an injection of quality (not numbers) into midfield too.

That is if the "plan" is to ever actually win anything and not just bob around mid-low table for the next 50 years or whatever.

Edited by Fop

Pattison's anonimity during the match was heightened by his ineffectedness whenever he surfaced!

Perhaps he suffers from the Samson malaise after someone cut off his hair.

my view which has been posted often is that we need an out and out forward far more. I have explained the strategy behind it, which is obvious to a blind man if you watch the team and understand what you are watching. I don't think defending a rearguard action better is the key to scoring more goals and winning games, it is holding the ball up front and defenders don't do that. If you can't see this, you are nothing but a total knacker.

If we don't get any defenders in this month, we can just as well stop playing as soon as we're safe from relegation, because we're not going to do much with the back four we have now. I agree we need a big, powerful centre-forward, but I definitely wouldn't blow the entire transfer budget on one, which is what I can see Roeder and Shepherd doing. I'd rather we tried to get a striker on the cheap and use the money to buy a left-back, an experienced centre-back and a right-back, in that order.

The shite board is practically bankrupt after spunking up its money on Souness. We are losing a million a month - that's a fact based on NUFC accounts. Without selling players (and who can we afford to lose?) we aren't going to be buying any quality forwards or defenders. People are deluding themselves.

If we don't get any defenders in this month, we can just as well stop playing as soon as we're safe from relegation, because we're not going to do much with the back four we have now. I agree we need a big, powerful centre-forward, but I definitely wouldn't blow the entire transfer budget on one, which is what I can see Roeder and Shepherd doing. I'd rather we tried to get a striker on the cheap and use the money to buy a left-back, an experienced centre-back and a right-back, in that order.

That's what is going to happen.

The shite board is practically bankrupt after spunking up its money on Souness. We are losing a million a month - that's a fact based on NUFC accounts. Without selling players (and who can we afford to lose?) we aren't going to be buying any quality forwards or defenders. People are deluding themselves.

i can't believe that's true. the 5th best chairman in the country wouldn't let it happen

Don't bite Gol. Your reasoned approach will be blown to bits in seconds by the self-proclaimed NUFC Oracle :razz:

mine is a reasoned approach borne out of the experience gained from watching the team for 42 years, what is yours based on other than defending your mate or simply not having a mind of your own ?

leazesmag's new line about us not needing defenders is almost as funny as his mindless defence of shepherd

and your mindless slating of the board who have gave you regular qualification for europe is what exactly, other than ramblings of an uninformed idiot who knows nothing about the football club ?

For the umpteenth time, I have said we need forwards before defenders ........ even Chelsea need a new defender, how dumb can you get ... but you think a new defender will score the goals to keep us above the bottom sides in the premiership if Martins is injured........such a stupid view simply couldn't be made up if you tried.

Simple fact is, today, we should have sown the match up. And defenders don't hold the ball up front and surrender possession thus putting your defence under pressure. This is kids stuff. Watch the team play, it is obvious.

the shite board ended up with one foot in the old 3rd division, and sold its best players for decades, and didn't even succeed with a share issue that hoped to raise 2.5m quid to Newcastle Uniteds thousands of diehard supporters who will support the team forever ... blah blah blah.....

Shite boards are also at other clubs who hardly qualify for europe, otherwise they would qualify for europe ? If you prefer not to bother buying quality players and hovering around the middle of the table or lower, you may get your wish if the board is taken over by a board who keep the books balanced at all costs and don't attempt to speculate for success on the pitch.

I agree that spunking money under Souness is why we are in this position, I predicted it. However the accountant and some of his chums who said it wouldn't happen and we should give him time, to get rid of who he wanted and replace them with seemingly unlimited funds have got what they wanted. The club will take time to recover so there is no point in idiots rambling on expecting the club to spend millions more quid. The ironic thing is if the club spend money they will slate them for doing it because of the accounts and if the club don't do it they will still slate them.

The conclusion is obviously that a lot of people on here will just slate the club whatever they do.

:yes

Very sad. Who thinks the club should spend money and who thinks they should not. Throw your hat in the ring, give your opinion, and don't criticise later.

That's what is going to happen.

that may be true Renton, but if we don't score goals and/if Martins doesn't keep up his current goalscoring run - and I have my doubts about his composure etc - then we may not stay safe from relegation until the last game or two. The teams who don't score goals get relegated.