Real will not extend David Beckham's contract

Ted Maul

PS, I'm also very glad he didnt come here! thank heavens. Freddy didn't even get a look in I bet, small timer <_<

We stepped aside tbh. :razz:

Wouldnt put money against him being on the phone right now, turning the jet around.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf this deal will more than double his current wealth, an offer of that size would be incredibly hard to turn down.

He'd have had to have been even thicker than he is to turn this down tbh. I'd have been there like a shot. What's not to like about the deal - fantastic money, glamorous city with amazing houses for someone that can afford them, great weather, living on the coast, he can send his kids to some tarty private LA academy school, and perhaps most importantly a significantly lower standard of football to make him look like one of the big stars again. Perfect. Although I think he'll be shocked at the drop in standard from the Premiership and la Liga.

Yup, agree with that. It suits him and it suits his family (especially the Mrs). Depsite McClaren and his 'the door is always open' comments he knows full well it's bullshit and he'll never play for England again.

thats the thing about beckham. its all hype. and self indulgence.

this is the man that cost us getting further in the world cup 2002, 1998, and by 06 it was clear his best days were past him. he also didn't perform in the champions league final when he played in it.

now that he's approaching the end of his career, if i were him i'd look back and think i could have done more if i would have thought a bit more and not been so terribly selfish.

Personally I think you clearly don't like the bloke, and it's coming across in everything you've got to say about him. I think he's one of the few of the recent England crop that's been genuinely proud to play for and captain his country, and with the exception of that one bottled challenge against Brazil, he's always done his best for them.

Won plenty of trophies at Man United an'all. There's plenty players would fucking LOVE to look back on a career like David Beckham's, and yet you think he should look back with embarrassment on it?!

£25.6m a year Beckham will earn. He'll probably want to retain his "image rights" as well the greedy cunt.

Where's that figure coming from like? I doubt if they're paying him that much that he'll be getting image rights as well, or they'll have no hope of making a profit on him. Where did you come up with the figure though - doesn't sound right, seen as that sounds like more than the big baseball, basketball and NFL players can earn in a year.

Reuters, AEG officials, and Talksport.

If this is true Beckham will take home after tax, £318,000 a week.

I think Beckham will be bigger in America than Best, Pele and Beckenbauer in the 70's, he fits the American ideology of an icon fantastically, good looking, wears pathetic clothes, famous and brain dead

Foolish.

No one will ever be as big as Pele was for the sport in the USA. He took a semi-pro league outfit and filled stadia to the parking lots* with people wanting to see him. Beckham won't come close to that. Best and Beckenbauer were less well known but Pele and Chinaglia were the shit.

*all right, "Car Parks".... fuckers

Guest stevieintoon

this is the man that cost us getting further in the world cup 2002, 1998, and by 06 it was clear his best days were past him. he also didn't perform in the champions league final when he played in it.

now that he's approaching the end of his career, if i were him i'd look back and think i could have done more if i would have thought a bit more and not been so terribly selfish.

Personally I think you clearly don't like the bloke, and it's coming across in everything you've got to say about him. I think he's one of the few of the recent England crop that's been genuinely proud to play for and captain his country, and with the exception of that one bottled challenge against Brazil, he's always done his best for them.

Won plenty of trophies at Man United an'all. There's plenty players would fucking LOVE to look back on a career like David Beckham's, and yet you think he should look back with embarrassment on it?!

£25.6m a year Beckham will earn. He'll probably want to retain his "image rights" as well the greedy cunt.

Where's that figure coming from like? I doubt if they're paying him that much that he'll be getting image rights as well, or they'll have no hope of making a profit on him. Where did you come up with the figure though - doesn't sound right, seen as that sounds like more than the big baseball, basketball and NFL players can earn in a year.

I think Beckham will be bigger in America than Best, Pele and Beckenbauer in the 70's, he fits the American ideology of an icon fantastically, good looking, wears pathetic clothes, famous and brain dead

Foolish.

No one will ever be as big as Pele was for the sport in the USA. He took a semi-pro league outfit and filled stadia to the parking lots* with people wanting to see him. Beckham won't come close to that. Best and Beckenbauer were less well known but Pele and Chinaglia were the shit.

Ridiculous comment. The infrastructure of the world has changed remarkably in the last 30 years, 90% of yanks probably didn't even know Pele existed. Beckham is known by your average yank already, rubbing shoulders with film stars at premiere's etc.. and now he's going there his status will be even higher again. Pele and the like were that big the league folded due to dwindling gates and insufficient sponsorship, that won't happen now.

Foolish.

Ridiculous comment. The infrastructure of the world has changed remarkably in the last 30 years, 90% of yanks probably didn't even know Pele existed. Beckham is known by your average yank already, rubbing shoulders with film stars at premiere's etc.. and now he's going there his status will be even higher again.

And you would know this how?

Pele and the like were that big the league folded due to dwindling gates and insufficient sponsorship, that won't happen now.

Again, not quite true.

Wonder when Beckham will first call it 'soccer'.

Really hope he fucking doesnt. Hopefully he'll sit there in interviews and call it by the proper name. (Although he probably has a clause in his contract, giving him a bonus for every time he says "soccer").

Years ago. When doing promo work for Fox Soccer Channel and others (including his academy thingee)

Knob head, should be ashamed of himself.

Foolish.

Ridiculous comment. The infrastructure of the world has changed remarkably in the last 30 years, 90% of yanks probably didn't even know Pele existed. Beckham is known by your average yank already, rubbing shoulders with film stars at premiere's etc.. and now he's going there his status will be even higher again.

Beckham is fairly well known over there to be fair, and the clamour for and obsession with glamorous celebs is a lot more now than it was in the 70s. Plus Pele can't get a bonk on.

Years ago. When doing promo work for Fox Soccer Channel and others (including his academy thingee)

For speaking the local (and, I might add essentially international) language? "soccer" is an English term btw

Foolish.

Beckham is fairly well known over there to be fair, and the clamour for and obsession with glamorous celebs is a lot more now than it was in the 70s. Plus Pele can't get a bonk on.

To be fair, it is true that Beckham has more name recognition than Pele did when he signed, however I stand by my earlier comment(s) regarding the relative sizes of their impacts.

For speaking the local (and, I might add essentially international) language? "soccer" is an English term btw

An 'English' term that most English people cringe when they hear it said. The game is called Associated Football, we invented it, so fucking follow the lead. <_<

For £128m I'd call it whatever they told me to tbh.

Better watch out. Uncle Phil (Phil Anschutz of Anschutz Entertainment Group--AEG who own the Galaxy) is a pretty big evangelical Christian. <_<

An 'English' term that most English people cringe when they hear it said. The game is called Associated Football, we invented it, so fucking follow the lead. <_<

Ally, if they were paying me that money, I'd refer to backheels as heelkicks, shots as nice kicks and all the rest of it. :razz: