Real will not extend David Beckham's contract

Ted Maul

Have his legs gone then (stamina-wise, he's never been quick)? I haven't seen enough of him of late to know. If so, it would take a lot away from his game imo.

I think his legs have long gone. He had his best time when he was running down the wing and got in accurate crosses. Nowadays his game is very static whenever I have seen him either for England or Madrid and either if on the wing or in central midfield and tries to orchestrate by hitting long floating diagonal passes. Even Nobby is offering more movement and pace.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real seem to have changed their stance....

David Beckham's future at Real Madrid remains unclear after reports that the Spanish club would not offer the former England captain a new contract.

Predrag Mijatovic, Real's sporting director, was reported to have told Sky Italia there would be no new deal.

However, Mijatovic later said his words had been mistranslated and he actually said: "Beckham's contract has not been renewed, yet."

However, the BBC understands talks are scheduled to go ahead later this week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6248835.stm

Was a great player, but not going to join Newcastle, not really worth the fortune we'd have to pay him any more.

it'd be great if we got him on a Bosman, if his wife didn't mind living here and if he still had some degree of mobility (which apparently he does not)

it's all irrelevent as he won't come.

us league/ serie a is where he belongs. not mobile enough for the spanish league, which tells its own story really.

figo did really well last season in serie A despite having as much mobility as steven hawkins when he's out of his vocodermobile.

Reasonably certain he'll be in LA in June.

If I were Beckham, I'd leave the MLS for a good few years yet. He's still too good / young to waste his talents in that league right now.

I'd have him in a second at NUFC, not least because of the money he would generate for the club. Don't think he'd come, though.....

Edited by NewOrleansGeordie

Reasonably certain he'll be in LA in June.

If I were Beckham, I'd leave the MLS for a good few years yet. He's still too good / young to waste his talents in that league right now.

I'd have him in a second at NUFC, not least because of the money he would generate for the club. Don't think he'd come, though.....

Gemmill would go ballistic with even more oversea fans flooding the fora. We could do with a Kok-Wee-Uk for comedy value though...

Edited by Isegrim

I have always thought he is over rated. cant go past people his speciality was to receive balls up from the defender and put in crosses. He was I will concede the best in the game at this but in everything else I.E. movement off the ball tackling and creation he was over rated.

Do you not think his dead ball delivery might be a slight improvement on the dross we are subjected to at the moment?

true enough gemmill but the point i made about him being not mobile enough for the spanish league means that in a league like the prem which is 100mph all the time i'd suggest he would not be able to make the impact that he used to. would demand a heft salary and also a fair slice of the image rights, mind you luque has the no 7 shirt and he should be off soon? after all at real he wasn't going to get the number 7 shirt off of raul was he ( a much better player for his club than beckham even when out of form)!

Newcastle joint second favourites at 8/1 with west ham behind going to the US of A

edit:Roeder has just made a statement saying he has no interest in signing Beckham blah blah blah

Edited by @yourservice

<_< 31 is a bit early to be retiring.

Five year contract like, but a move over there, with all due respect, is an end of career holiday like many others have done in Japan, Qatar etc.

Has he not got enough money? Footballing ambition not important anymore?

I would've thought a move to Italy would've suited him perfectly, after being dropped by England, not getting a game for Real he still has a point to prove to everyone and instead of doing that with a top club he's going to fuck off to LA for the good life, disappointing.

Just heard it as breaking news on FiveLive. Simon Mayo was interviewing the bloke who plays Charlie in Corrie, asks him if he's a 'united fan' and he answers 'yes...Newcastle United...where I'm from.' GEORDIENATIONTASTIC! I never knew he was from up here, anyone going to claim a tenious link?

Guest stevieintoon

<_< 31 is a bit early to be retiring.

Five year contract like, but a move over there, with all due respect, is an end of career holiday like many others have done in Japan, Qatar etc.

Has he not got enough money? Footballing ambition not important anymore?

It might be what the yanks need to wake up to proper football, I hope not though because they fuck everything else up.

MLS for the first 12 years had a wage cap, where the top earners were only allowed to earn £200,000 a year, which is fuck all, some people on here probably earn that, but as of June this changes, there's still a wage cap, but each team can pay one or two stars anything they want. LA are owned by AEG who are rich as fuck, and it wouldn't surprise me if he receives the same wage there as he's getting in Madrid. Edit: Talksport claim the whole deal is worth £100m. Fuckin hell.

Who can blame him though? The "big four" won't sign him, Roeder said we don't want him, so what's the a;ternative Tottenham, Bolton or Celtic? No chance. It's good for his image, it's good for MLS, it must be a quality life in California, less media intrusion perhaps, and she can live her false superstar lifestyle.

Edited by stevieintoon

the top earners were only allowed to earn £200,000 a year, which is fuck all, some people on here probably earn that

Gemmill.

That's just his budget for his man bags.